Guatemalan Football News, Info. & Women's NT(XI)

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by edcalvi, Jan 11, 2011.

1. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Finally! They found him drunk on the streets. Someone post the pic!! Lol

2. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones

Now this is just sad ...

"Me gusta estar bolo"...."yo amo Estados Unidos"....

In other news Carlos Ruiz wants to run for president of the fedefut and he's planning on bringing aboard his team Chalo Romero and luis swisher (currently coaching youth at new york red bulls last time I checked.

3. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    dezeptus repped this.
  4. dezeptus

dezeptus Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Man with this and Pappa, it makes me sad but super f*cking proud of being Chapin! Bolos maximos! Hahahahha

Chul0 repped this.
  5. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Word ....say what you like about guatemalans but when it comes to partying, boring we are not. I think Pappa is just being misunderstood, he was just getting kinky with his girl , let him be ;)

dezeptus repped this.
  6. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    http://diariodigital.gt/2016/01/29/...-periodistas-recibieron-dinero-de-la-fedefut/

Well well well, everything is coming to float. Apparently there were a couple of "journalists" receiving money from brian jimenez for giving among other things "motivational talks".

So either Nuestro futbol se cae a pedazos or the old adage that it's always darkest before the dawn it's about to become true and our soccer will finally have honest people in charge.

7. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Kamiani dropped 4 goals on Cremas today. How come we dont hear about him getting called up?

edcalvi repped this.
  8. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

Kamiani was a one man show today, made the Crema back line his bit*hes. How was this guy just not called up before?

edcalvi repped this.
  9. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Easy...he has. Unfortunately becoming a guatemalan citizen is harder if you're not central american (excluding canada).

Lucky for us he recently got his dpi (Idk what it is but apparently is something like a residency). So he's extremely close to be naturalized , and be sure he'll be called up.

On a side note the law is extremely stupid. Kamiani has been in guatemala since he was 22 (now 30), has a guatemalan wife and guatemalan kids. So to me he's more of a guatemalan than say deniss lopez.

But if you are a central american , you just have to fill up some paperwork saying you want to become a guatemalan and you become one in less than 3 months .

10. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Que golazos.

11. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    The Federation election to be held next September is shaping up to be crucial. It will determine if we finally get our shit together or we continue shooting ourselves in the foot. Let's hope we get it right this time.

Gerardo Paiz (the architect of Guate's "dominance" over the region's futsal) has just announced that he'll be running next September. Let's hope that if elected he can replicate his success.

Another person that's been pondering about running is Carlos Ruiz. So far I like both options.

12. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    At least we know both have a football background, not some jack ass dentist with crooked voters in his back pocket.

13. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Anyone else from the LA area attending the Armenia game?

14. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Acaban de meter preso al Tanque. A damn shame, de los mejores jugadores que han representado a Guate. But if he ********ed up, he must pay. It's rumored Machon will be next. Y alli va terminar el fish if he wins the Federation's presidency. But I'm glad that no one's above the law:eek::eek:
    CkDofa3UYAAz8tL.jpg

15. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
  16. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    De qué se le acusa?

17. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Por corrupción con el gobierno del ex presidente Otto Pérez Molina y la vicepresidente Roxana Baldetti (ambos encarcelados). Pezzarossi era ministro de cultura y deportes, bajo ese gobierno.

Tiene cargos tipo "racketeering".
    http://lared.com.gt/capturan-al-ex-futbolista-dwight-pezzarossi/

18. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    If I understand correctly he's not necessarily accused of stealing or laundering money, but turning a blind eye and being complicit with the former president and vice president.

Curiously, he was arrested at the ministerio publico when he went by his own accord to offer a complete report. So make of that what you will.

edcalvi repped this.
  19. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Enriquecimiento ilícito.

edcalvi repped this.
  20. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Turning a blind eye to the presidents corruption? In that case every government worker should be put under arrest.

Chul0 repped this.
  21. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    This is probably gonna sound like I'm excusing the "criminals", but it's very difficult to deviate from the "way things get done" when the corruption is so ingrained in every facet of guatemala.

The biggest parallel I can draw is the rodrigo Rosenberg case. Where an idealist lawyer tried to use framing as a means to "get justice". However, the accused, which turned out to be innocent in the end, try to use misinformation as well since that's the only way they saw fit due the failure and incompetence of the justice system.

I found it extremely fascinating when I read A Piece Written On THE New Yorker about it a few years ago.

22. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Exactly. Our country has been so corrupt for so long there isn't a way to not be part of the problem, regardless of how "good" you try to be.

23. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    So our Federation's election is about to turn into a "game of thrones" struggle for power. Nothing official yet, but 3 people have openly expressed their desire to do so. A 4th one might join the fight, and though he'd be the underdog to win. El seria mi Gallo.

*Alfonso Cruz Berganza. Has just quit as president of la Liga Nacional (he represented suchi). He recently said he wants to run for president. He's the favorite since he knows a lot of the people in charge of every club. I hope to God he doesn't win. Años a cargo de la liga y no ha hecho ni mierda
    2016-06-17-20-20-08--528698370.jpeg

*Carlos Ruiz. The 2nd favorite to win on his name alone. Carlos Figueroa y Chalo parece que van con el. You can't deny that as a player he always gave his all for Guate. I'm not too sure he's man for the job tho.
    dt.common.streams.StreamServer.jpeg
    *Gerardo Paiz: His accomplishments with Futsal can't be overlooked. El tipo nos hizo potencia del area investing a lot of his money in the process. He might not know much about soccer or even futsal. But he's smart enough to surround himself with people who do. I was sold after his interview with prensa Libre. De los oficiale, en mi opinion, el es el idoneo.
    1382056300_aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

*Dr Aguilar: This one isn't official yet but he said he's been thinking about it since ppl are asking him to do it so much. He'd be th least favorite to win pero para mi el seria el ideal. He's Been Talking About masificar Los equipos, reducir EL # DE extrageros Y Quitar EL limite DE edad EN 2nd Y 3rd Divisions FOR Years. El es el unico periodista que no solo critica por criticar. Su conocimiento es basto en todas las ramas del deporte. Gente asi necesita guate.
    2016-06-17-20-22-21--564882122.jpeg

24. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    I love el Dr. Aguilar. He's very insightful.

25. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    The first dude is going to win. Oi lo que te digo, ese 0-te se lo va a ganar.