Guatemalan Football News, Info. & Women's NT(XI)

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by edcalvi, Jan 11, 2011.

1. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    2nd leg was played on Sat 9/21, Nicaragua 2-1 Guatemala. Chapinas advance on aggregate to the CONCACAF final qualification tournament to be played next January in the Cayman Islands.
    Guatemala, Honduras, and Costa Rica join Cayman Islands, United States and Mexico, and await 3 other teams from the Caribbean to fight for qualification to the 2014 Women's U20 World Cup.

2. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
  3. GoldenOne

GoldenOne Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Este hombre si sabe de lo que esta hablando.

I like how he says, if we're not developing players it's because we're not developing coaches. I like the analogy he uses of the Federation just putting out fires and not building a real structure for anything.

I read that Jimenez hasn't attended two straight Fedefut meetings because he's traveling to other parts of the country to buy votes.

It's sad when everybody sees the problems but nobody can do anything about it.

4. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    The Guatemala U17 girls team have been drawn into group B of the CONCACAF quals alongside US, Canada & Trinidad and Tobago best of luck.

5. GoldenOne

GoldenOne Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Tough draw. Yikes.

6. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Well we saw how bad they were against the Nicas. US and Canada are all speed and all attack. Unless they bunker down and score on a lucky counter its another 2 and out

7. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    That was the U20, but of course you have a point. Not much to expect except hopefully not get trashed like their predecessors did in the last U-17 tournament at home.

8. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    The Fed has published a letter to the public in regards to outside interference of the upcoming Federation elections. Anyone know what that means? Or what specific examples they are talking about?
    http://www.lared.com.gt/pages/noticia/3206

9. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Diputados at El Congreso have made accusations to Dr. Jimenez regarding his illicit obtaining of votes for re-election. They have given him citations to appear before Congress, but he has not showed up.

I do not know every ramification or where the original influence to this comes from, but the fact is that this has happened before, and the Gobierno just needs to stay the hell out, because 1) This will just precipitate sanctions by FIFA (as stated in the Fed.'s letter) and 2) The country has waaay more important problems for them to be dicking around with sports.

10. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Agreed about the government not getting involved. But actions speak louder than words. If the government feels it needs to get involved with how Jimenez is attempting to get votes they obviously know this guy is a snake.

I'm hoping that the guy FIFA sends out isn't a joke and Jimenez ends up re-elected.

11. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
  12. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    [​IMG] Haga click para aumentar
    La Selección Sub-20 de Guatemala venció a Canadá.
    El combinado chapín derrotó a su similar canadiense en dos partidos que se disputaron el viernes y domingo en nuestro país.

Los dirigidos por el técnico nacional Guillermo Morales vencieron en el primer duelo al conjunto norteamericano 1-0, con anotación de Paolo Ortíz. El juego se disputó en una cancha privada de Antigua Guatemala, Sacatepéquez.

En el segundo compromiso se repitió la historia; Ortíz, delantero de Comunicaciones, marcó el único gol con el que Guatemala derrotó a los canadienses este domingo en la cancha principal del Proyecto Gol.

Los chapines se alistan para competir en los Juegos Bolivarianos que se desarrollarán del 16 al 30 de noviembre en la ciudad de Trujillo, Perú.
    http://www.guatefutbol.com/index.php/selecciones-nacionales/item/7534-se-imponen

13. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    A pair of wins against a decent team, i'll take it. I hope there are a couple more games before the Bolivian tourney, a lot of good talent down there.

14. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    The U17 girls walloped the ES girls 4-0.

15. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    ES' girls team sucks. I'd rather take a win against Mexico, USA or a euro team.

16. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Welcome Grimm, great win by our Chapinas, that will raise their confidence.

17. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    #442 ChaChaFut, Oct 26, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
    Brayan Jiménez has been re-elected president of the Guatemalan Football Federation for the period 2013-2017.

18. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Just saw that. Made me sick to my stomach. Cant be any more clear how corrupt our Fed is

19. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    The goalkeeper is big and awkward. And the centrales are incredibly slow. It's another 2 and out for our girls.

Wish Monterroso would work on building these girls speed so they might actually put up a fight out there.

20. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    More of the same...

Actually Monterroso has done a tremendous job with the women's NTs since he took over and overall for the good of women's football in Guatemala. There just aren't enough players to choose from (less than 2000 women play competitive football in the country), and no technified development other than what is done at private academies and what Monterroso and others have done with the Pares-Unifut teams. The women's teams results are no different than those achieved by any other Guatemalan football team, male or female, of any level.

21. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I didn't say he hasn't done a good job. Just saying he should try to work on building the team's overall speed.

22. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    He has. The players can't give any more. They are the material that is available. The other teams' players are way superior athletes and better overall footballers too. They are harvested from a system and an environment that is light years ahead. Same as with any other category of our NTs.

23. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
  24. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    #450 ChaChaFut, Nov 12, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
    [​IMG]

XVII Juegos Bolivarianos, Trujillo, Perú, Nov. 17-25

Nómina selección Sub-18

M - Luís Pablo Samayoa Morales Achik´
    D - Allen Jose Yanes Pinto - Achik´
    Nicolás Samayoa Pacheco - Antigua GFC
    M - José Andres Ruiz Rumph - Antigua GFC
    Diego Andres Meda Arriaza - Comunicaciones
    A - Christopher Paolo Ortiz Roca - Comunicaciones
    Luis Enrique De León Valenzuela - Comunicaciones
    Stheven Adán Robles Ruiz - Comunicaciones
    Julio Ivan Ortiz Roca - Comunicaciones
    P - Nicholas George Hagen Godoy - FC Dallas
    A - Jorge Eduardo Baldizon Vargas - Guatemala Fc (2a División)
    Durban Leonardo Reyes Vásquez - Malacateco
    Jorge Andres Salazar Martínez - Mictlán
    A - Mario Raúl Hernández Pocasangre - Municipal
    A - Mauro Ronaldo Portillo Arroyo - Municipal
    D - Cristian Alexander Jimenez Martínez - Municipal
    Belzon Kenedy Guanrover Pérez - San Francisco Petén
    D - René Mauricio Maltés Suchitepéquez
    D.T.: Jose Guillermo Morales Lima

http://www.fedefutguate.org/index.p...-y-futbol-sala-juegos-bolivarianos-truji.html