Guatemala vs Trinidad (11/13) y San Vicente (11/17) [WCQ 2018]

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by edcalvi, Nov 10, 2015.

1. aramada

aramada Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Washington DC
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Absent of Pappa in the first half, Cincotta taking over left-footed free kick duties. 41st minute, still up 2-0

2. aramada

aramada Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Halftime - 2 to 0 Guatemala. Cincotta scored in the 23rd and Lopez doubled the lead in the 32nd. Last 10 minutes of the half rather uneventful, but importance now shifts to maximizing goal differential. Scoring another would be ideal, but emphasis should really be placed on not giving a goal up.

ChaChaFut and edcalvi repped this.
  3. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    How are we playing ?

Quien era la sal ?..enoc, pappa or tinoco?

4. aramada

aramada Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Pappa coming on in the 75th minute, for Minor Lopez. Lead now up to 3-0, though I just got back to my desk so couldn't tell you who/when scored the 3rd

Ben Fossen repped this.
  5. Ben Fossen

Ben Fossen Member

Jun 16, 2015
    St Louis, MO
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Dennis Lopez scored the third goal

6. aramada

aramada Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    GOAL! Gerson Tinoco slots it into the back of the net to give Guatemala a 4-0 lead in the 80th minute. According to the announcer, Tinoco replaced Pescadito to do what Pescadito couldn't do, which was score. Kind of refreshing to hear someone else talk about Ruiz being done lol.

Ben Fossen repped this.
  7. aramada

aramada Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    And there's the final whistle. Guatemala travels to St. Vincent and the Grenadines and notches a 4-0 victory, with goals by Cincotta, Lopez, Lopez and Tinoco. After 2 games in the group, Guatemala has 3 points with a record of 1-1-0. There are 2 remaining games against USA, and 1 game remaining against T&T and St. Vincent, respectively.

Much like the last cycle where it was the USA, Jamaica, Guatemala and another Caribbean minnow, Guatemala needs to hope for points from the USA, a repeat of this performance against St. Vincent the second time around, and, at the least, a tie against T&T in Port of Spain, with the USA doing what they're supposed to do against T&T.

ChaChaFut repped this.
  8. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I'll take the win, but we have ALOT of improving to do. Our technique and speed is too slow and it shows.

9. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Today

* First time two honduran players score for guate in the same game

*3 players with the lopez surname played today from the start (los tres troncos) and two of them scored

watch out @ChaChaFut, you've been caught slipping with the stats lol

#OJOALDATO

Hahhaha

ChaChaFut repped this.
  10. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Keep 'em coming!
    I have no issues with a new and improved version of me. I'm the same age as Fish after all! :D

11. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Haha , haz de ser borracho Igual que el hahah

On a side note , usa Tied ..Ya valimos :'(

We're gonna have to beat the usa now

12. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    That would be really difficult to accomplish. [emoji14]

Chul0 repped this.
  13. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    USA tied in Port of Spain, ósea le robó puntos a Trinidad, eso nos conviene aunque hubiese sido mejor una derrota.

aramada repped this.
  14. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    No importa, goleamos a trini y usa home and away y pasamos primeros.:barefoot::D:thumbsup:

15. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Ay no lol

16. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Honestly I didn't watch the game , but from what I saw we still play in camara lenta. Ruiz is done as a starter , but he should be in the squad to offer "guidance" to the young guns (guaro no ojala). And cuilapa sigue siendo mi gallo. It's a travesty that he's not a starter in guate nor cremas, hopefully no lo arruinen en la banca como a ordoñez.

I still remember when sopegno had balls and would play ceballos, cuilapa, and ordoñez behind montepeque against teams like the Seattle sounders.

Ese dia le pegamos una bailada, though we still tied because we're guatemalan is my only guess lol. Ojala sopegno hiciera the same with the NT, we would probably still lose but we would play faster and entertaining with a style that suits us. Sigh a dar pelotazos y leña against the gabachos ya que .

17. OnTheeRize

OnTheeRize Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Bay Area
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Oh no
    Its over bro.
    USA no robo puntos...trinidad robo puntos. Ahoro no solo se le tiene que ganar a trinidad en trinidad si no que se le tiene que empatar por lo menos a estados unidos.

Hubiera sido mejor que estados barrriera el grupo y nos jugaranos la vida contra trinidad en trinidad.

18. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Si no le podemos ganar a EEUU en casa para que queremos estar en la hexagonal? EEUU nunca gana fuera de casa y yo sabía que a Trinidad no le iba a ganar.

Chul0 and ChaChaFut repped this.
  19. aramada

aramada Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I agree with most of us that the USA T&T tie last night wasn't ideal, but that just means we need to do what we need to do even more. We need to beat Trinidad in Port of Spain (which we had to do after losing to them at home) and we need to bunker down and try to get 2 ties from the US and hope the USA beat T&T at home. We also need to hope that St. Vincent steal some points (ANY points) from T&T, much like what happened last cycle with the Jamaica and the other Caribbean island team that I can't remember and am too lazy to look up lol. Though it's difficult to put too much hope into St. Vincent and the Grenadines, wishful thinking says as a fellow Caribbean team they are familiar with T&T and can minimize damage in their 2 games against them.

edcalvi repped this.
  20. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    There are so many "this needs to happen in other games" instead of "we'll beat them".

And Chulo is totally right, we're playing at slow motion compared to all the other teams. Even SVG had more speed than us. It kills me how we just continue to be ok with our mediocrity, while every other team in the region realizes the game has changed.

And I know Cha and others will say "we're playing with what we have". But that's just not good enough. There's so many players out there with so much more speed and better play than the guys in Guate. You can only squeeze so much out of our league players that guys like Cincotta and Pappa have to slow and dumb their game down in order to be able to play with our team.

Chul0 repped this.
  21. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Hey guys , there's a rumor going around that guate might play the usa in coatepeque. On the positive side , mas gente Y mas cerca del campo pa que c aguaden a little los alemanes. But on the other , coatepeque is kinda of hot no?, our players will be gassed out by the 60th minute.

Also idk how feasible it is since I think fifa requires the stadium to be close to an airport.

Ben Fossen repped this.
  22. Ben Fossen

Ben Fossen Member

Jun 16, 2015
    St Louis, MO
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    That would be an interesting location for the match. Yes it should be hot there in March. There is a small airport so maybe it will meet the requirements https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coatepeque_Airport