Guardian of the Galacticos: Welcome Thibaut Courtois!

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    #51 Varnagel, Aug 9, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    Many players underperformed during that period, pretty unfair to scapegoat Navas who turned up at th end of 17/18 season. And if you're going to nitpick his performances, then I can easily do the same for e.g. Ronaldo who was fecking shite in the home leg against Juventus (apart from penalty), Bayern & Liverpool in final.

2. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Navas has been great so far. Individual mistakes are natural for a goal keeper. The only thing against him is his age and the fact that if we had lost this opportunity to sign Courtois, we would probably pay more than double the amount in future to find Navas's replacement.

Digital, 2Magia2 and Eddie repped this.
  3. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    S1na repped this.
  4. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Fantastic signing - no doubt in my mind he's better than Navas. I like Navas, but this opportunity was simply too good to pass. We have been craving for years for a GK who can command the area, we finally have one. Good luck Courtois!

Saeta Rubia and madridista_hr repped this.
  5. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    Courtois being prestented at Santiago Bernabeu

[​IMG]

Anon. repped this.
  6. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ridiculous price. Amazing goalkeeper. Cant but feel sad for navas.

7. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  8. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  9. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    LOL at kissing the badge though!!

Shay Z, Halycon, sneakking and 4 others repped this.
  10. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    madridista_hr, Anon., Eddie and 3 others repped this.
  11. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Off to Twitter to bask in the rage of Patetico fans :D

Shay Z and 9Qui repped this.
  12. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    The amount of pain Hazard is going through looking at this pictures... wishing everything it was him and not Courtois lol.

Anon., Shay Z, Eddie and 2 others repped this.
  13. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    His own fault, should have done the same as Courtois, just dont show up.

14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hazard is about money, when Chelsea stepped up with a new offer he went soft like an icecream in the hot sun.

Eddie repped this.
  15. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Bruh, every player is about money. If we were paying players with Doritos and Pepsi, they wouldn't be clamoring for us.

Why is it so bad to seek great financial gain?

Anon. repped this.
  16. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    Nah, I think Courtois cochones are significantly bigger than Hazard's. Hazard doesn't want to blow up bridges. If he acted like Courtois, he would be here.

17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Because if Courtois would be about money, he'd be wearing a PSG shirt right now. There is absolutely no way they didn't make a move for him at that FFP friendly price. He wanted to play in Madrid, end of story. Hazard would like to play in Madrid, but if Chelsea improve his contract, it's not that big of a deal anymore.

Ahmadi8, Shay Z, 9Qui and 1 other person repped this.
  18. Glide84

Glide84 Member+

Jan 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What a terrible deal... he's younger, can control the area and net with his eagle like wing span, too damn tall/lanky (look at the pic with Uncle Flo), and some other stuff.

On top of that how dare we only pay 35 mil for someone who many classify as one of best in his position. We are supposed to be the club inflating prices, I demand we immediately send over another 100 mil and clear our good name.

Seriously though great signing and it makes a ton of sense... lots of love for Keylor but he easily could have been the scapegoat a few times if things didn't turn for us after key mistakes. Have to keep an eye on the future and this guy steps in now, no need to develop in case we run into GK issues with form/injuries.

19. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Courtois had more leverage due to his contract situation as well. Chelsea could still ask for 200 ME had Hazard rebelled. He could get a move if he doesn't renew. Let's see whether he will reject Chelsea's renewal offer like Courtois did.

20. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    What I am trying to say is that Courtois has a quite strong personality and Hazard is more easy-going and I really think he would like to play for us but unless we will pay a lot he wont push for a deal.

-Reivax- repped this.
  21. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I wonder what number he will get?

I think he's gonna get the #13 this season, which currently belongs to Kiko who's probably being sold, and then get the #1 next season from Navas.

22. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Courtois was a very different situation. He did not really move because he is a die hard Madridista at heart, he moved because his contract was almost up and his children are Madrilenos.

Hazard on the other hand I believe is more a fan of the club, however, I think Madrid is not the only destination he will consider.

23. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hazard is gonna enjoy a lot of Europa League with Chelsea as i don't see them reaching the top 4 this season.

24. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

25. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I'm not arguing he didn't want to play for Madrid. Hazard does as well and has always made that well known.

Your point about Hazard only being about money falls far short because Courtois had something Hazard didn't; leverage.

If Courtois has two years on his contract and Hazard was the one with only one, it wouldn't matter how much Courtois wanted to move to Madrid. They would have ignored his desires the same way they did previous summers.

The only reason they sold him was because they lost all leverage and Courtois sat out. Hazard sitting out would only damage relations with him and the club because we (Madrid) smartly would never meet the crazy money they were rumored to ask for him.