Guardian of the Galacticos: Welcome Thibaut Courtois!

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Aug 8, 2018.

1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The same Fans that were chanting Isco Isco and booing Solari's name when Isco was overweight and slow. Purely about performance and not about being the more likeable player I'm sure.

PigBenis and MaxY repped this.
  2. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Is both. Courtois has not gained any fans by his silly comments about being the #1.

3. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It’s a message board, we are all entitled to our opinions but I gotta say since you’ve joined us, you are a fairly pessimistic dude

As for the debate, two games in I actually think TC has started well, did a great job vs Celta and a decent one in this game , did very well in a same 1v1 situation in the Celta game, I love Keylor but a decision has been made, the season has just started and our starting keeper has acquitted himself well in both games so far IMO, let’s see how the season goes, I think he was a far better keeper at AM, hopefully he can regain that consistency

PigBenis and S1na repped this.
  4. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    He actually had a good game overall, but I still don't understand how it's so easy to put the ball between his feet and he hasn't addressed that. Everyone in the world knows this, except him it seems.

5. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Could we get Courtois one of these? And would it be legal?
    9F585BC6-703C-48AA-AFDD-AAFE193DA56B.jpeg

Deep Pal, Shay Z, Doni and 7 others repped this.
  6. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    He will keep eating such goals as long as he performs that "break-dance" maneuver.

7. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    We are on here arguing about euros and how the club needs to save them yet we spent €40M on Courtois and he has been an all around disappointment.

I won't even front like I didn't think this was stellar business to do. I wanted Navas to remain the starter and for us to get Courtois free, but accepted paying for him.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  8. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  9. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not that hard to reach such a "milestone" with our defense...

10. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel a little bad for him, he's been disappointing no two ways about it.

11. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    IMO he saved us a point last night. No goalkeeper in the world apart from San Iker in his prime could do better with this defense. Last night they scored both of their goals from the rebound/2nd shot and our defense wasn't able to stop either of them.

Anon., PigBenis, madridista_hr and 2 others repped this.
  12. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just rewatched this one. We really should've buried this match in the 55th-70th minutes. We had chances and were pushing but they score their goal and that killed our momentum and spirits for a bit before we clawed back to equalize. Kroos himself should've had at least one.

I didn't like Benzema today. Was trying to do too much and was sloppy. Casemiro was everywhere as mentioned and Mendy showed some great signs. Varane really was good until their 2nd goal. After that he just looked lost. Ramos kinda ********ed us with that first horror give away. Like with Kroos, we were pushing up into more attacking positions when he lost it, so it was a scramble back and Varane was stuck in no man's land. From 25-65 mins I enjoyed the way we played and although it was still not gelling completely their were improvements in terms of ball movement and trying some new things.

We should've used Mendy more to pin them back. And our mids need to release the ball much earlier so the defense can get set up in their box. Move it upfield quick.

It's a shame we couldn't get 3 points headed into this craptastic early season NT break. More negative bullshit to read for two weeks. Ugh.

13. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Second save was actually brilliant. And even then our defenders were not close to Villarreal attackers to clear the rebound.

yoanaidarov repped this.
  14. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid

This pretty much sums up Case's match for me. Great effort but we were depending on him to do more than he's comfortably capable off.

We have difficulty breaking down teams which sit back - not enough combinatorics (;)) to create real chances. We ended up having to rely on our midfield to create chances through the middle and while Modric would have been my choice of sub it would have been him for Kroos or LV instead of Jovic.

15. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I was including last season. He's had howlers on the regular, I didn't care for the transfer but I still thought he is better than what he's shown.

16. sneakking

sneakking Member+

Sep 11, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Great insight.

18. sneakking

sneakking Member+

Sep 11, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

RMrules repped this.
  19. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    I’m not the one consistently whining about Courtois in every thread. Maybe all of you should accept that he is here to stay and that Keylor is gone. That ain’t changing.

20. sneakking

sneakking Member+

Sep 11, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

doesn't change the fact that your butt boy is a crap goal keeper

21. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I love coming to this forum to see intellectual discussions between like minded fans of the game.

22. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    What is there to discuss? His ability to save a near post? the fact it takes him years to get down to get a damn ball? His terrible ability on the ball? The only thing going for him was that he was the cheapest option on the market and he was willing to do anything to get back to Madrid.

sneakking repped this.
  23. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Guardian of nothing.

Drouchk, RMrules and Deep Pal repped this.
  24. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    * Disasters.

RMrules repped this.
  25. RMrules

RMrules Member+