Guardian of the Galacticos: Welcome Thibaut Courtois!

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    I think the amount of mistakes Navas made is vastly exaggerated here, he’s kept us in way more games than he lost for us, even last season.
    As for Courtois it’s not simply that he’s made mistakes, I can only recall one of two; mistakes I can live with, he just doesn’t seem to have that “it” factor that makes a goal keeper elite,you know the thing that makes GKs make miracle saves on a regular basis to win games for their team. Courtois seem to suffer a serious lack of awareness and his reflexes just seem non existent and half the time he seems unsure about what to do next, he gets caught ball watching too many times for my taste.

As per Chelsea fans he never was at the level we see Oblak, Ter segen or Navas, they say he was just simply a good GK, Madrid need more than just a good GK, we need an elite one so I don’t think we should bank on Courtois for the years to come.

robnycus repped this.
  2. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Who are in your opinion better GK's out there than Tibo?

3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nobody cares about people excited to watch Loftus-Cheek play. That lineup is so ass, if anybody would have feelings about Courtois the rest of the squad would make them suicidal.

4. Marco25

Marco25 Member

Sep 1, 2018
    De Gea, Ter Stegen, Oblak and (Neuer?) are a level above.

Ederson, Allison and Handanovic are around a similar level to him.

5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    De Gea is good for a colossal blunder himself, Oblak arguably the best gk in the world right now and Ter Stegen has been in incredible form.

Neuer is absolutely atrocious post injury, he went from being a fan favourite across the country to trending negatively during almost every match that he laces up for.

Most people in Germany think its ridiculous he's playing ahead of Ter Stegen.

dipluso, Doni, Anon. and 1 other person repped this.
  6. gladiator guti

gladiator guti Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    Chelsea fan are trolling him hard on twitter.

7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    They'll do the same to Hazard, when you're at the point that they are, it's pretty much all you've got.

They replaced him with Kepa for 80 mil. Ask me how that deal looks like now.

Anon. repped this.
  8. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    That’s the million dollar question, the ones I know of are going to be very tough to get since they play in big enough clubs already. It’s up to our scouts to find someone suitable.
    One personal fav of mine is the Pitchfort ( however you spell it), he is the England GK, that kid has crazy reflexes.

9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's about as good as Kiko Casilla.

saadomar, Ahmadi8 and RaMaaa repped this.
  10. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If I had to choose between Pickford and Courtois I think i’d stick with TC

11. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    And Kiko Casilla is better than the Courtois we’ve had so far, so he would still be an upgrade.

He is not exactly who’d I buy, it’s just a name I threw in there although I think he is better than this version of Courtois we’ve got.

12. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I am still not sure what is Courtois so good at.. all I hear is people say he was so good when he was with Atletico.
    Even with Chelsea he had a very poor season.
    I think he did very good at the WC but IMO so did other keepers who have a lower profile like the guy from Portugal.. Muslera.. Allison and Lloris was also good.

Drouchk repped this.
  13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lloris is a solid goal keeper and has been one for years. Allison has pretty much had a hand in multiple goals this season, not sure if that would all be peaches and cream if he'd have Navas breathing down on his neck.

People said we concede a lot of goals because of Courtois and his inability to "work with the defense" but then again Navas played vs Barca and Ramos was beging the defenders to not catch 6 goals this time.

14. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Allison’s blunders come from him trying to be too cute with the ball But when it comes to making saves he’s been better than Courtois by miles.

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    OK, good. Perfect.

16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ah OK, so his blunders count for half a goal or how do they count them in England?

17. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Alison has been twice the GK Thibaut has been this season, you look silly trying to argue otherwise. I can’t think of a top keeper who’s been worst this season in fact.

Halycon repped this.
  18. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I think all keepers make mistakes .. very few don't .. Even Neuer a few years ago made some mistakes against us in CL.
    What matters to me most is everything else that the keeper does during a game.. Navas saves us while Courtois is a liability on the air and every shot on target appears to be a goal. He stays cemented and does not come forward to clear balls that should be cleared by any goal keeper.

Drouchk repped this.
  19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Neuer has been considerably worse.

20. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Ah then Neuer’s level must have dropped tremendously this season if that’s the case.

21. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I still believe people to harsh on Courtois. Everyone makes mistakes, yes that automatic starter was huge mistake imo fron coaching staff. But still we got very very good keeper for a good price and he is still 26.

MerlinRM, HZinho, Eddie and 3 others repped this.
  22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's worse than Courtois in practically every statistical category. As I said earlier this was one of the most popular athletes in the country and by now I know bayern fans tired of his sheet.

Drouchk repped this.
  23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's the point though. Allison makes one of those mistakes where he practically scores the goal on himself and people say "well, better than Karius" while Courtois laces his gloves the wrong way and people are already typing away how godlike Navas keeps the score down simply by communicating with the defenders.

PigBenis repped this.
  24. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's tall. That's it.

Iker was not tall and having a tall GK has been an agenda for some people a long, (very long) time.

25. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    1109865430716420098 is not a valid tweet id