Group E Starting Line-ups in Pictures

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by Cassano, Dec 13, 2005.

1. MerikanMaster87

MerikanMaster87 New Member

Jan 5, 2006
    Boston
    Just a general statement there. Cuz I know a lot of italian americans (none on BS) and they for some reason think they are the second coming of the Gottis or something. Just annoys me, Im italian too but support USA over them.

2. roma/totti

roma/totti Red Card

Dec 14, 2005
    im italian-canadian, the hell with supporting canada in soccer, thats just a waste of time....like really want to see canada fail over and over again in qualifying

3. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Camoranesi is oneof the best wingers int he world, so yes.

Pirlo wont dribble by you often, but dont apply the proper pressue and his world class passing game will shred you.

4. RhythmandGangsta1825

Jan 8, 2005
    Utica,New York
    Adriano vs. Onyewu? If Onyewu is anything like i've seen from him at Standard...he will get dribbled and toasted more than a few times. I'm so glad Manchester United saw his lack of pace as a problem and opted for Nemanja Vidic of Serbia & Montenegro instead...a much much better defender imho.

5. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Onyewu has a lack of pace? Compared to Vidic?

6. RhythmandGangsta1825

Jan 8, 2005
    Utica,New York
    Vidic is very quick and his aggression is also lauded...those are some of the assets that saw him move to United. Onyewu does not fit those...among some other things as well...

7. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    How is that exclusive "Standard TV Channel" they have in New York so you can watch him play? Must be nice to watch him play on a regular basis while he's playing abroad...

:rolleyes:

8. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    How is that exclusive "Standard TV Channel" they have in New York so you can watch him play? Must be nice to watch him play on a regular basis while he's playing abroad...

:rolleyes:

9. RhythmandGangsta1825

Jan 8, 2005
    Utica,New York
    :D I'm not going to be naive...he does play for Standard De Liege and to his credit...a fine defender in the Jupiler Liga...he's just not very fast...an English league forward with good pace should be able to outrun him...which is why United chose to look for different options. footbel.com should have some info on how to get an internet feed to watch most of the well known Belgian Clubs if you're interested.

10. rockymtn_mike

rockymtn_mike New Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Adams County, CO

I agree

11. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Be honest, you have never seen him play right?

12. el_rengo_acosta

el_rengo_acosta New Member

Feb 6, 2006
    what no del piero??

i dont know guys...del piero he should be a starter if he dosent step up during the group stage then and only then do you bench him
    but out of respect for a guy that has won everything in serie A
    and his playing ability and because he is different from the rest.

13. RhythmandGangsta1825

Jan 8, 2005
    Utica,New York
    Do you even know me? I'll answer for you...no. Keep it moving...Onyewu is C class on the world stage anyway...Kompany is the class defender of the Jupiler League and Onyewu is no where near him as far as level of ability. So put it like that....hollar at ya boy.

14. NBlue

NBlue Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Orlando, Florida
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wtf is going on in this thread. half the posters who posted pictures have red cards. rather odd . . .

15. WarriorSoccer

WarriorSoccer Member

Nov 3, 2005
    I'm not really sure which games you have seen, but speed for Onyewu has never been much of a problem. The biggest problems that he has had is he can have some major brainfarts every now and then and because of his size, I think he gets carded more than he deserves. Other than that I would say that he has been very solid in the Juliper League. I believe he has been named to its best 11 2 years in a row. The reason he didn't go to Man U this winter, or any other team for that matter, is that he said he was staying with Standard for the rest of the season. His agent must think his stock will sky rocket this summer. By the way, I have my info from Standard games that I have on file. I have a brother that studies abroad in Leuven and on my computer at home(I'm stuck at college right now) I have 6 or 8 games saved. I can try to get my youngest brother to get them up on a torrent or something if there are alot of people who would like to see them. I really don't know how to do that though.

16. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and thats why there have been links between Gooch and several premier league clubs recently , and he was in the best 11 of the Juniper league the last two years.... For United , I'd take Onyewu over Silvestre any day.

17. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He has never fulfilled his promise for the Azzurri. He has at every tornament the Azzurri has been in since Euro 96 so what's the point of having faith of him despite his performances for Juve?

18. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The part of me that believed that you'd actually seen him play before, was destroyed after this comment.

Onyewu is extremely fast, make no mistake about it.

19. mrliioadin

mrliioadin New Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Hagerstown, MD
    I can take him...

6 foot 160 lbs.

bring it on.

20. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Great thread. More pictures More pictures.

We need pictures of reserves for the US (Convey, Dempsey, Twellman, etc.)

What about the bench for the Czechs? Is Poborsky really still playing? Who's the backup keeper behind Cech?

Thanks for this thread.

21. CFCkm7

CFCkm7 New Member

Sep 26, 2005
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thats the great thing about the USA. There is no typical American last name because we have such a wide blend of culture which helps us produce great athletes because they're backrounds are from everywhere. And he is our center back not defensive midfielder.

22. DCFAN96

DCFAN96 Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Obviously he hasn't, when I first saw Gooch I knew he be a great physical presence in the center of our D but I was worried he'd lack pace. If you think Gooch lacks pace your very wrong, he is very quick, think of a NFL linebacker, thats what Gooch is power, agility and quickness.

23. yankeexpride

yankeexpride New Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Virginia
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    unfortunately for us not as big as KOLLER.

24. RhythmandGangsta1825

Jan 8, 2005
    Utica,New York
    I've probably seen more of Onyewu than all of you. He can run...I mean hell Richard Dunne of Manchester City and Republic of Ireland can run but you don't see supporters of Man. City and Ireland's team over-rate his actual pace (speed not quickness). To say Onyewu is extremely fast when you have defenders like Kompany, Zokora (when he was still with Racing Genk), Vanden Borre and Traore that can absolutely burn and cover an unbelievable range...is an insult. I do not care how quick he is or even how good he can recover...He would still get exposed by the pace of the Premier League which is why United chose Vidic over him in the first place. So Americans...do not over-rate his pace...he can run but he would be burned by a good sprinting forward make no mistake about that. I don't doubt his class in Jupiler League...never did...yet I get ripped by Americans for saying he has a lack of pace by english premier league standards. At any rate...good luck at the World Cup.

25. kronz21

kronz21 Member

Mar 17, 2006
    cleveland
    koller is low and not even that great hes 2tall actually