Group D - 2018 FIFA WCQ – AFC Second Round- Take 2

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by el-capitano, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Ali(Iran)

Ali(Iran) Member+

Mar 31, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    :)) LOL

2. Navid1337

Navid1337 Member

Villarreal
    Oct 29, 2014
    Athens
    Get the f*ck out of this thread and gloat about your amateur-ass team somewhere else. Thanks.

3. Diego Aguirre

Diego Aguirre Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Tashkent
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    come on pussy, you may thank me only after your team will be abused like a little bitch by my team:ROFLMAO:

4. Ali(Iran)

Ali(Iran) Member+

Mar 31, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    LOL
    You have beaten us only once! Get over it. Never forget the fact that you are an Uzbek and you have no football! Why are you arguing here. You sound so stupid.

5. Football Asia

Football Asia Member

Oct 17, 2014
    They arent chokers, no teams chokes that much. Theyre just highly overrated becuase theyre the only relevant non west or east asian team and that makes them exotic. So people like them and have been falsely considering them a contending team to make the world cup since theyve joined afc. But in reality they aren't better than a middle of the pack asian team and they probably wont come too close to making the world cup anytime soon. And im not saying this becuase this troll came along its just the reality of the situation and ive seen some Aussie members point this out too.

6. Diego Aguirre

Diego Aguirre Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Tashkent
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    do you want to say that Iran is homeland of football and you are born with ball instead of brain?

7. Diego Aguirre

Diego Aguirre Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Tashkent
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    which Aussie? show me!

8. Navid1337

Navid1337 Member

Villarreal
    Oct 29, 2014
    Athens
    Like this?

9. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    A 20 year-old Torabi within the first 20 minutes of his international debut, schooled the whole Uzbek defence line to score his first international goal. That right there is testimonet to Iran's depth and superiority as a team.

KiarashM, persia1378 and Zandi360 repped this.
  10. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    We are obviously the stronger team but Uzbeks are the fifth power in Asia after big 4. Not far away. All they need is inconsistency but I am not sure if they can manage that with their league which seems getting worse compared to past years.

glennaldo_sf repped this.
  11. Ali(Iran)

Ali(Iran) Member+

Mar 31, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    All I am saying is we have been to 4 world cups and we have won 3 Asian cups and Uzbekistan loses to us all the time!
    Based on what you say, you were born with a ping-pong ball for a brain!

12. Diego Aguirre

Diego Aguirre Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Tashkent
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Shorakhmedov was main guilty in this goal, and now he's out of NT, anyway let me congratulate you with this HISTORICAL and EPIC VICTORY in friendly match

13. Diego Aguirre

Diego Aguirre Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Tashkent
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    it's true that our league really deteriorated for past 3-4 years. Before mostly Bunyodkor and Pakhtakor used to hold nearly all NT players along with good foreigners, but now major players playing outside and clubs changed their selection policy giving main focus on young players from their academies. Therefore it's difficult to find now even middle-class foreigners in our clubs, but despite all defects now we have high intrigue among Lokomotiv, Pakhtakor, Bunyodkor, Nasaf and Neftchi, because weakening of two giants equalized chances of other contenders

14. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Correction

15. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You are going through something Iran did 15 years ago. Back then Iranian football was all about Esteghlal (Blue Team), and Persepolis (Red Team). Now there are 5 or 6 contenders. I know Uzbeks have decent players and all. Don't forget other Asian teams have developed too. S.Korea, Australia and Iran are all getting stronger months after months. Only Japanese look slightly troubled with their aging team but they can manage another qualification even with their current team. Competition in Asia is not that complicated. There are big 4 and few middle weight teams like Uzbekistan, UAE, Jordan, China,... and that is all.

16. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Question: Guys, which one do you prefer for right back position Ghafouri or Rezaeian? why?

I think this is an interesting question and it is worth the short discussion about it.

Ali(Iran) repped this.
  17. Ali(Iran)

Ali(Iran) Member+

Mar 31, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Ghafouri, no questions about it!
    Ghafouri is faster and he is also very effective in attacks. He makes less mistakes and he also has a better dribbling ability.

AIL1998 repped this.
  18. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Ghafouri is without any doubts the best iranian RB at the moment. Rezaeian is the 2nd best but not even half as good as Vouria in defending.

Ghafouri has got incredible work rate and stamina which makes him make countless runs from defence to attack then returning to defences, he is as present in front than at the back. Rezaiean is just a better crosser but that's all.

For the RB position I'd say the ranking is 1. Ghafouri 2. Montazeri/Rezaeian 3. Mahini 4. Heydari/Beitashour

+PL+ and AIL1998 repped this.
  19. persia1378

persia1378 Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Italy
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Ghafouri, he is better defensivley and a smart player. Rezaeian is very reckless.

20. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I prefer Ghafouri over Rezaian. He is physically stronger and more solid defensively. Rezaian is faster but less effective.

21. Navid1337

Navid1337 Member

Villarreal
    Oct 29, 2014
    Athens
    The least satisfying 4-0 win in a while.
    We should have won by so much more, the CM duo produced chances on chances, corners on corners and Sardar messed up all of them.
    Amiri was also pretty bad compared to his AC 2015 performances.

KiarashM and +PL+ repped this.
  22. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Average performance, hopefully we will be more solid vs Oman

23. Football Asia

Football Asia Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Could have been 15-0 if the Indian goalie didn't turn into Buffon. That seems to be a trend with Iran the opposing goalie also turns super saiyan.

KiarashM repped this.
  24. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Taremi and Azmoun turned to Rasoul Khatibi status today. Overall, India parked the bus and defended very good. Iran was disorganized, careless, faster than usual which causes many opportunities to be wasted. Azmoun need to control himself. He gets mad when he can not score goals. We saw the same during Japan vs Iran friendly. He needs to act professionally and put his ego aside. JB was good in this match and created 10-15 opportunities for our strikers, and finally scored himself.

I have to say this was one of the least entertaining matches I have seen since AC 2015. It was close to Iran-Turkmenistan. When there are not many experienced players in the squad the younger players have energy but lack focus and organization.

25. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Just a horrible game, in every aspect imaginable. Irrespective of the fact that we essentially fielded a B team. Jahanbakhsh playing out of position - Is CQ aware that he's a right attacking midfielder? Taremi being invisible. Azmoun proving why he's a substitute and not the main striker at his club. Just an awful game. The only saving grace was Ezatolahi who will serve as a worthy replacement for Nekounam for the years to come. But otherwise, Hajsafi needs to let go, Amiri needs to let go and Ebrahimi has no place in the national team - I'd take Shojaie over him on any given day.

Perhaps the most troubling aspect of the game was a clear lack of tactical cohesion against a supremely inferior opponent. We had WAY too many turn overs, personal errors, and inaccurate passes against India. While our overall strategy - if you could call it that - was to cross the ball in the box, AGAINST INDIA! Yes, they're short but they had a fairly respectiblr keeper and it would have served us better if we kept the ball on the ground and utilized a more fluid passing game as the entire team pressed forward, vis a vis tiki taka.

Overall, it was a disappointing game, disappointing performance and a disappointing scoreline. But alas, onward towards Oman.

KiarashM repped this.