PBP: Group C: Egypt, Nigeria, Mozambique, Benin

Discussion in 'Africa' started by kwame_tdot, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Maruti

Maruti New Member

May 14, 2006
    And Nigeria wasn't playing with two of their best players so... and Odemwingie is absolutely key to how well Nigeria perform.

2. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    A question: Do Nigeria always play such a sloppy style of football?
    I can't see them very often, so maybe it was just a really, really bad day for them.

3. Maruti

Maruti New Member

May 14, 2006
    Nigeria weren't sloppy in the first half... which actually caught me off guard. But they went back to their typical display in the second half.

As to how they play... with Amodu as coach they play as well as the individual talent allows them to. He has absolutely no idea what he is doing. If the individuals play well then the team plays well. If the individuals do OK then there is no team.

So if Amodu is coach come summer than yes - Nigeria will have a tendency to sloppiness.
    If he isn't then we'll see.

Almost every Nigerian fan wants Amodu out.

btw: They just lost Martins indefinently. He flew back to Germany for treatment.

4. TariboWest33

TariboWest33 Member

Jul 8, 2007
    Egypt and Nigeria will go through

5. kwame_tdot

kwame_tdot Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    The most boring game so far in the tournament

Nigeria (1-0) Benin

[1-0] Yakubu

6. berloha

berloha Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Club:
    TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
    My god, Nigeria. What a borefest.

Someone can tell me, why Obasi was a candidate to be dropped before the tournament ? He is one of the few who actually are good.

7. Palacas

Palacas Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    I don't think he is one of 'Amodu's boys'

8. Maruti

Maruti New Member

May 14, 2006
    Damn... did I watch a different game? This was the best game of the tournament so far. Sessegnon was briliant. Its just a shame that the score was settled by a penalty. I know fans of Nigeria may have not liked it, but Benin was at times brilliant.

Sessegnon in the second half had the play of the tournament... shame it didn't end with a goal.

9. Palacas

Palacas Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    i thought it was boring but every recap ive read seems to agree with you

10. Palacas

Palacas Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    poor dario kahn another own goal

11. Maruti

Maruti New Member

May 14, 2006
    damn... Egypt was very poor for the most part... only won thanks to an unfortunate and purely fortuitous own goal by Dario Khan, who has now two goals to his name... can you win the Golden Boot for scoring against your own team???

Really poor display by Egypt and this was their worst match at the AFCoN since 2004... this match finally made Egypt look human and... extremely vulnerable.

12. vancity eagle

vancity eagle Member+

Apr 6, 2006
    Because our coach is the biggest fool of an idiot. He almost dropped Obasi our best striker and was forced to take him along. If we don't fire this coach we will be embarassed in the WC. What a dreadful display. I can't believe I am saying this but I hope Mozambique beats us, AMODU MUST GO !!!!

13. akhbar2u

akhbar2u New Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Club:
    AC Ajaccio
    3-1 for EGYPT

14. Palacas

Palacas Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    I don't know what Amodu is thinking with this lineup... Yak again?

Nigeria line-up: Enyeama, Yusuf, Apam, Shittu, Echiejile, Etuhu, Kaita, Mikel, Osaze Yak, Obasi

good luck to them though:)

15. ReMad

ReMad Member

Feb 25, 2007
  16. ReMad

ReMad Member

Feb 25, 2007
  17. EdsonArantes

EdsonArantes Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Barra Brava
    2-0 Nigeria is up so far, Odemwingie with a brace.

If Nigeria finishes 2nd in group, it could set up a very sexy quarterfinal match with basically any team from Group D, although Cameroon would be a great clash.

Naija!

18. ReMad

ReMad Member

Feb 25, 2007
  19. EdsonArantes

EdsonArantes Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Barra Brava
    Nigeria 3-0, 86th goal from Martins after he came on for Yak in min 68.

I'm not actually watching the game, but looks like Nigeria finally showed up. Mozambique isn't Egypt, but they are no slouch ether.

20. Maruti

Maruti New Member

May 14, 2006
    It looks increasingly likely that in the end the usual suspects will make the quarters... so far we have the reigning African champion, 4 World Cup finalists and the host. Tomorrow the fifth World Cup finalist (Cameroon) should join and we'll have one tournament black horse (I'm betting on Zambia).

21. Palacas

Palacas Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    good game for Nigeria, Amodu lives to fight another day, its usually not pretty but he gets the job done:D

22. ReMad

ReMad Member

Feb 25, 2007
  23. Movistar

Movistar New Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Damietta-Egypt
    Egypt was playing without 4 stars in the whole tournament!!

Aboutrika, Amr Zaki, Mido, Barakat

hhhhh anyway, congrats for the 3rd position !

24. Maruti

Maruti New Member

May 14, 2006
    I agree with Amr Zaki, Aboutrika and Barakat, but Mido is a has been and he was dropped, because he is crap.