Group C - 2018 FIFA WCQ – AFC Second Round

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by Suren01, Jun 7, 2015.

1. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    GROUP C
    29 March: China PR v Qatar, Maldives v Bhutan

[​IMG]

With Qatar already assured of first place after seven straight wins, the focus will now be on second-placed China as they bid to finish as one of the four best runners-up.

However, it will not be easy for Gao Hongbo’s charges as they currently sit two spots outside the top four in the rankings, and host a Qatar side looking to finish the stage with a perfect record.

Hong Kong, who are not in action on Tuesday, are assured of finishing in third, while Maldives have all but sewn up fourth spot ahead of their home game against Bhutan.

http://www.the-afc.com/asian-cup-20...sia-2018uae-2019-qualifiers-md10-a-look-ahead

2. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    hongkonger hate to be chinese, they want to be part of united states or japan IMO

3. Fureeku

Fureeku Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Maldives
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Maldives
    Hong Kong's lack of goals have cost them in the end. They are also right to feel aggrieved at the Chinese for their lack of class in hosting the Maldives match at home. I feel that China would have struggled against us on our home patch and it could well have been Hong Kong in second place.

I hope we manage a big win tomorrow against Bhutan and hit double figures in are Goals For column. I predicted a bare minimum of 6 points in the group stages, and in typical Maldivian style, we look like we're going to achieve just that. As usual, captain Ali Ashfaq has miraculously recovered from his injury ahead of the easiest match of the group, so I hope we go to the play-offs with a bang.

4. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you will win 6-5 this time :D

5. Fureeku

Fureeku Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Maldives
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Maldives
    You know, I wouldn't completely rule that out.