Gringo's Wall of Shame: Get used to it Gringos VOL. XI

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by sidspaceman, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Estevo

Estevo Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    The I to the E!
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    A veces si mamo- I read it and I thought "cool story bro".

bite me

2. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    On one hand, I think that Jond dude posted a lot in that Anthem thread in the US forum where all the liberals skipped it and it was just filled with dumb trumplike opinions. But he did come well in this thread and it was pathetic how a bunch of white republican dudes trying to straight him how dual nationals should be and feel to a dual national. It was beyond pathetic.

TGO, DGreat, Kaney and 1 other person repped this.
  3. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS/SUM/USSF along with Arena attack what they deem as foreigners and 2nd class citizens due to their inability to adequately develop quality players.

Their profit and marketing blueprint relies on tying NTers to MLS and them being the developers of the talent. Yet when it's clear they aren't good at developing talent for the NT, they attack. It's not good for them when foreign developed players are superior to what they produce.

Hence why they attacked Jurgen(the foreigner who dared to speak the truth) so much instead of looking in the mirror and hence why Arena came in and slowly cleansed the NT of "foreigners" and even blamed the Euros for not qualifying. But we know how Arena feels, that foreign born or developed players aren't true Americans so it shouldn't be a surprise that he, with MLS by his side got rid of most of those players and the result was we can't even get a draw vs T&T while MLS poster boys for the NT like Jozy, Bradley and Nagbe were horrible. It got so bad that even Pulisic and Williams have commented on this, the preference for "true Americans" and MLS marketing within the NT.

Their whole marketing blueprint is going to blow up in their faces next cycle as most of our better prospects are bypassing the league altogether. Then their response will be how BVB, Schalke, Benfica type clubs aren't better at developing talent than MLS teams, that foreigners aren't good for the NT but Graham Zusi at RB is despite MLS being largely responsible for us being no better than 5th in CONCACAF and the cycle of insanity will continue.

Put it this way, we played T&T twice in the Hex. Beat them 2-0 at home and lost 1-2 away. Pulisic scored all three of our goals. In other words the best talent MLS could offer couldn't collectively score a single goal vs T&T and would have drawn 0-0 and lost 0-2 to them if not for Pulisic who has zero connection to the league.

But you won't see an American journalist bring that up. Instead they want to tell you Fabian Johnson is the problem because he's not American enough and not committed to the flag and Kellyn Acosta is the 8th best American while Jonathan Gonzalez is 53rd.

All MLS and its media did was attack foreigners and Jurgen for years while telling us how great they are at everything and we have nothing to learn from anyone. Well they got their way, the best MLS coach of all time who called as many MLSers as he liked while ignoring numerous foreign based players and the result? An 18 yr old had to carry the team on his back to EVEN FINISH 5th.

Pathetic. Disgraceful really.

And we still have fans telling us everything is A OK. Because 150M expansion fees are so cool.

LaMascara, DaTruth, SixKick and 8 others repped this.
  4. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I had to stop watching at "an American teenager became a global star" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

5. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yes, I am in total agreement: my team, which has never made the playoffs in its own league and has played a total of 0 CONCACAF Champions League games all time, is better than the last AFC Champions League runner-up. :rolleyes:

Plus: Cueva has only one thing on his mind right now, and it's using a strong WC performance to score that long-awaited European contract.

DynamoEAR, LaMascara, SixKick and 5 others repped this.
  6. Californian81

Californian81 Member

Chivas
    Mexico
    Oct 26, 2017
    Said this many times. If it wasn't for our own Champions league up here, MLSers would be saying the same about us. Take out Saudi Arabia/Russia in the quote and insert Liga MX.

Luckily, we get to smash the MLS every year to set them straight.

The American by default thinks their league is only behind the top European powers...just because America.

LaMascara, Kaney, SixKick and 3 others repped this.
  7. Colima24

Colima24 Member+

Jul 28, 2005
    Villa de Alvarez
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You made it that far into the video? I commend you!

8. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Not sure what is so commendable about being a masochist...

to each his own...

9. megadeath

megadeath Member+

Oct 10, 2009
    Wow, they actually said it on TV he was a “global” star? No lo conocen ni en su casa.

It's called FOOTBALL repped this.
  10. Lukato

Lukato Member+

Sep 7, 2012
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    The level of delusion and the amount of hype is only going to make it even more hilarious when the kid inevitably ends up being nothing but average. I hope for more videos like this, reposting them in 5 years when he ends up in Stoke City or MLS is going to generate more salt than all the oceans on earth combined.

11. DaTruth

DaTruth Member+

Jul 15, 2007
    IE, Cali
    INB4 videos on "what happened to Pulisic?" Or "What if Pulisic was given a chance?"

12. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    why do you all keep giving them clicks and views?

Otaku, Kaney and sowrong repped this.
  13. Centauro del Norte

FC Juárez
    Sep 15, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Them spazzos are all over the place... Can't really avoid them... Plus it's fun to laugh at them...

14. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yeah but anyone with that level of delusion can't be that safe...

Special_talent23 and sidspaceman repped this.
  15. beat junky

beat junky Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    CA
    Bite me?

LOL no recontra mames.

16. ∆lemão

∆lemão Member

Aug 14, 2014
  17. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
  18. ∆lemão

∆lemão Member

Aug 14, 2014
    This guy is on a roll...

https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/concacaf-league-of-nations.2042667/page-12#post-36263121

That must be some razor. Unless my geography teachers have fooled me regarding the distance between the U.S. and Russia. Because that's where Mexico will be this summer.

19. DaTruth

DaTruth Member+

Jul 15, 2007
    IE, Cali
  20. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    He was wrong, yet he's still logging onto this site.

21. ∆lemão

∆lemão Member

Aug 14, 2014
    I'm only posting this one because it takes the cake.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/concacaf-league-of-nations.2042667/page-12#post-36264937

"... look out WORLD."

Now I'm scared... The repetitious rah-rah chest pounding about "bright futures" and imaginary growth "by leaps and bounds", when all of their talent worth mentioning is the product of foreign systems, keeps cracking me up. The state of their domestic development has been on display after Bruce Arena decided to qualify for Russia with homegrown MLS scrubs. Yet, 24 years after "only 20 more years" their delusions of grandeur haven't faded a bit.

22. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It's the underlying belief of, "We are American, so we have to eventually be better than everyone."

23. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Estos pendejos nunca vieron ese Jeff Daniels monologue from The Newsroom.

24. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    side story:

i was connecting through Schiphol airport on my way back to Texas from Barcelona. next to us was a line of people coming from the US connecting to Geneva. the lines came to a point where they were side by side.

in the other line, was a group of business travellers (you can tell by the laptop bags and dress clothes) composed of 2-3 Americans and 2-3 German or Swissy sounding partners. the Europeans in the group were trying to explain to the Americans in a low to normal voice about their EU worker benefits, taxes, Swiss banking process, etc.

After listening IMPATIENTLY to their story, one of the Americans (a woman) began to loudly explain how the Swiss (and EU) governments/banking systems had it all wrong. that what the EU workers needed were low taxes, less regulations to spur economic growth, blah, blah. now, i could care less of the political side of this discussion. what took me aback was the confidence and voice volume the American used to talk to her European co-workers surrounded by a mostly European airline travellers. it was a combination of berating and talking to them like they were children. the other passengers either glared, roll their eyes, or made negative comments in French/Dutch/Spanish/blah blah.

i mean you don't have to be an avid reader of the WSJ or The Economist to know the Swiss are known for banking, chocolate, and watches. why would they need to be lectured on it? that's like a Swiss trying to tell me what make a good taco.

25. megadeath

megadeath Member+

Oct 10, 2009
    Americans are not liked in general throughout Europe. I work mostly with scots and Norwegians which have their own kind of quiet arrogance, but even they don’t like them. Ha.

Neymadres, Kaney, ∆lemão and 2 others repped this.