Gringo's Wall of Shame: Get used to it Gringos VOL. X

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by sidspaceman, Mar 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    LOL. I didn't know Harvard was the equivalent of Al Bundy of Colleges.

But remember people to not even question the nationality of those German-Americans who Klinnsman found.

El Mariachi, *rey*, Boxy Brown and 12 others repped this.
  2. Skippysasquirrel

May 11, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heaven forbid we be a little optimistic. You be embarrassed all you want, I'm going to cheer for my country and expect the best.

3. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    [​IMG]

4. Charlie512

Charlie512 Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Texas
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    A little? No. You hoping for the final. How deluded are you?

5. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    There are many things I like about this thread, but I enjoy these two the most:

- The views and opinions of one poster or specific groups of posters are applied to all posters. That way, you can nitpick and find contradictions that don't exist from an individual. Here's a hint, not everyone shares the same opinions on the boards, so they're not all actively hypocritical at all times. But I guess that's too advanced a concept for some of you (I actually expect better from you, though, Rafael).

- You guys either misinterpret posts (obtusely, or maybe some of you are really that inept at reading comprehension) or don't post the context because it would render your posts less effective and you wouldn't get as many reps from your little butt buddies.

But that's cool. By all means, carry on.

taylor repped this.
  6. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    My god, you're a bore.

Serg33, cesarmontes11, icybauer and 12 others repped this.
  7. Tecos

Tecos Member+

Apr 8, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Tecos UA de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Actually, he's a Puppy

8. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    fixed:x3:

El Mariachi, Serg33, Boxy Brown and 18 others repped this.
  9. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Didn't the Germans score half of the nads gols?

El Mariachi, Serg33, icybauer and 7 others repped this.
  10. Lukato

Lukato Member+

Sep 7, 2012
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    yep, Brooks actually got them the winner against Ghana, without their germans they would be last in their group.

11. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    They aren't germans, they are americans. If they had played for Algeria or Italy then they would be "insert the nationality of the nation there were born in" was but since it's the USA, they are "Actual" americans.

El Mariachi, icybauer, Otaku and 8 others repped this.
  12. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Did the US's Germans sing the German national anthem along with their adopted country's national anthem?

13. Charlie512

Charlie512 Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Texas
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ahem, German-Americans with dual citizenship.

Which the nads are very fortunate Klinsmann convinced them to play for them.

El Mariachi, aztlanaguila831 and LGRod repped this.
  14. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, twice in the same Gringo Wall of Shame thread? I am so honored!!

For what it's worth, I would have said Belgium, Argentina, Mexico and Germany in the final, but I'm not crazy enough to think El Tri have a chance against Clockwork Orange.

:D

15. beat junky

beat junky Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    CA
    :D

[​IMG]

LGRod, Overachiever, icybauer and 2 others repped this.
  16. NCCFBALL

NCCFBALL Member+

Apr 19, 2007
    ITALY
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I agree with you to a certain degree, I don't believe where you are born has as much baring as how you were raised and by whom. I was born in the US, but I was raised in a Mexican household in which our culture was instilled in me since I was born. Was not allowed to speak English in the house which I'm very grateful for since I can speak both languages. So I grew up cheering for Mexico, grew up eating caldo de res, tacos, and most importantly FRIJOLES and that is what I love cause that is what I know best. I think the issue is that most if not all of the dual nationalities on the US team were guys is that they were raised and grew up in a totally different culture. These gusy weren't raised in Germany with the US culture ingrained in them or likely they would know English and US would have been their first choice. As we know, Germany was the first choice for most of these. That is why most Mexican-Americans currently if they had a choice would choose Mexico, but that is now, I definitely see that changing in another 12 years or so when we start seeing more 2nd,3rd, etc generations of Mexican-Americans and the "growing up" Mexican is being further removed.

El Mariachi repped this.
  17. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm, looks like my response got deleted. :D

18. Transparent_Human

Oct 15, 2006
    Pale blue dot
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mauritius
    It is probably good for the world the USA isn't playing Algeria. If they lost they'd go full racist and probably have Mr. Nobel Prize bomb them in retaliation.

Serg33, icybauer, Romario'sgurl and 2 others repped this.
  19. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This is the main point of all of this. They are Mercs. We don't accept them. Picante and all media went crazy in Lavolpe era with the whole naturalizados.

Everyone hated Guille and ridiculed him because he was a straight up merc. He would rather be w/ ARgie.
    Zinha was different and showed love for Mexico, but still no need for him.

These German Americans have been shown wearing the German uniform for their various lower level National Teams. It is definitely their first choice. Then after some begging, they start to choose USA. JK is coach and it makes it easier. I would make a hefty bet that Klinsman made an arraignment for Julian Green to go to WC if he chose USA. Why don't the US hate these mercs for what they are like we do for the Guille types?

probably because they would be 3 and out w/o them.

20. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    In short, you're proud of your 19th century mentality.

Congrats.

21. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ask Guissepi Rossi if its 19th century.

These Germans would dump the US in a heartbeat if they were good enough to play for that team. I guess you have no self pride or worth to demand that your players actually care about sawker in the US more than just self glory and praise in their own selfish desires.

yes standards have lowered themseves in this new age. lol

El Mariachi, Serg33, Chronomaxs and 8 others repped this.
  22. siva66

siva66 Member+

Apr 7, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If Klinsmann ins't the coach of the U.S., how many Germans are on that squad?

23. Lukato

Lukato Member+

Sep 7, 2012
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    what do you mean with 19th century mentality? to me the purpose of the national teams is to showcase the talent countries have to offer and that is something the US doesn't really do with this system of dual nationals recruitment. How can you guys seriously say with a straight face that soccer is growing in America when around 30% of your NT was born/raised and developed as a football player in foreign countries?

24. JohhnyCaps

JohhnyCaps Member

Jul 20, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We can say whatever we want. Just like you do in this thread...

fact remains that we're both through to the round of 16 and that 7 of the 11 players that started for the US yesterday are home grown and ply their trade in the MLS... 10 years ago, we'd likely not even qualify with that many MLS players starting in a team... let alone get to the knockout round of the WC... That is progress domestically...

25. NachoNation

NachoNation Member+

Jun 19, 2005
    GOAT Puzzle
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    My only real problem with it was highlighted by @Sanchito not long ago.

I don't think US fans would really embrace the team if those players were Mexicans who didn't speak English or have much of a cultural tie to the US like those German Americans.