'Gringo' in Chivas' midst - Padilla born in the USA

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Stogey23, Feb 20, 2008.

1. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I dont know what your talking about. I never said anything about MLS or the US. All I said was that any player who plays in Mexico would love to play for Chivas.
    Again what are you talking about. What does 2-0 have anything to do with Chivas being the best club in North America?
    Fools? We follow Chivas because its the team we were born following just like any other soccer fan. This happends with every club that people follow, they spend money on the club the stockholders get rich. Its called football.

I spend money on Chivas you spend money on your team.

Yes please do, in this we do agree.

Sorry for the Hijack guys.

2. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    I just wanted to let you guys know that the teams I like are better than the teams other people like, unless they like the teams that I like.

3. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    LOL. Thats true.

4. Danilo Luvano

Danilo Luvano New Member

Nov 6, 2007
    DFW, TX
    I'd read the entire Pages of this Thread but My Connection doesn't let Me, oh well.
    Anyway, wasn't Salvador "Chava" Reyes born in the United States too or I'm I mistaking?

5. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Thats blasphemy sir!!! Ofcourse he wasnt.

6. Danilo Luvano

Danilo Luvano New Member

Nov 6, 2007
    DFW, TX
    Really, I thought he was? I herd something like that on T.V Azteca a long time ago but then again, what do I know about Espanol....

7. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    We weren't talking about lying. We were talking about playing for the US openly.

In fact, here you have the contradiction of the Chivas policy laid bare--Padilla having lied about where he was born is forgivable (they seem to have gotten past it quickly enough, as he was playing again days later). Playing honestly for the US is not.