Green Lies

Discussion in 'Bill Archer's Guestbook' started by Microwave, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999
    this isn't even mentioning climate gate where the lead author of the IPCC climate report admitted "we can't make the data match". Bo doesn't care about stuff like that though, remember his comedy of errors regarding Al Gore and the Brits denying it entry into academia? The Judge called it propaganda but hey Bo still defended it. This is what dishonest people do.

But anyway how about Green Jobs? Chris M and Bo are in support of Green Jobs and believe everything the IPCC claims, right? I mea they voted for these idiots. But is what we hear true? Will there be tons of green jobs that won't cause the Government to go further into debt?

Not so much
    http://reason.com/archives/2009/12/17/the-green-jobs

2. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    I'm pretty convinced now that it will only be a few years before this whole man-made global warming business will be dropped as a science fad.

If the geniuses behind the 'consensus' are required to put real error bars on these models that generate the data that the whole thing is based on, that will be the death knell. Either the bars will be so big as to make the models useless, or they will be able to make testable predictions that will consistently fail the tests. And everyone will have to admit that modeling the climate is pretty tough, especially for discerning the influence of a component of the atmosphere at a concentration of 0.3%

I'm more and more convinced that what we have here is a bunch of geeks who stare at a computer for so long, they can't step back and ask whether what they claim to be able to do makes sense.

3. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    I agree. It's all falling apart on the warmers..Harryreadme.txt, the horrendous flaws in the IPCC reports, Phil Jones confessing there isn't statistically significant warming in the past 10 years, "hide the decline."

And there's going to be more coming out. More and more.

Then there's the realpolitik involved. China isn't going to sign on to global agreements, nor is India. We won't either, not in the middle of this recession.

That being said, we should let the markets work for cleaner energy. Nuclear. Solar. AND natural gas! We're going to be moving in this direction, slowly but surely.

4. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    Nothing wrong with developing new technologies that make sense, and improving our energy independence.

I'm just opposed to flimsy, politicized science. Next up: Ocean acidification. These guys will jump on that one to save some face.

There's no way they can cling to those computerized climate models and the tortured systems of global temperature measurement used to validate them.