Greek soccer/football this summer

Discussion in 'Greece & Cyprus' started by jessepv, Jun 10, 2015.

1. jessepv

jessepv Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I'm going to be in Athens, Herakleon, Santorini, and Naxos between July 19 and August 3. Are there any matches near those cities? I checked AEK Athens and Panathinaikos's schedules and they don't have anything about summer friendlies, even though they've had them in the past. Any information is greatly appreciated.

2. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    You could catch PAO play in the 2nd leg of the UCL third qualifying round. They play that game either on the 21st or 22nd of July. I don't know of AEK playing any friendlies prior to August 4th.

jessepv repped this.
  3. jessepv

jessepv Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Do you have any further information on this match? For some reason the tickets section of PAO's website doesn't load for me. Is there another place I can buy tickets?

4. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    I made a mistake. PAO play in the third round of qualifying, not the second round. The first leg of the 3rd round takes place on 28–29/07/15 and the second leg takes place on 04–05/08/15.

Tickets won't be available until 7-6 days before the match. They still haven't been drawn against an opponent yet. They are actually planning on scheduling a friendly on the 22nd though.

5. jessepv

jessepv Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I'm not going to be in Athens any of those days :( , might be able to shift some things around and be there the 22nd but it would be difficult. I checked AEK Athens and Olympiacos's schedules on wikipedia, and AEK Athens have a match vs. Anorthosis on August 2 which would be perfect. This friendly isn't on AEK's website yet, do you have any more information on it?

Also Olympiacos play Galatasaray, Real Betis, or Olympique de Marseille in July (date is to be announced) as part of the Afyon cup, do you know anything about this?

6. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    jessepv,

details:
    http://www.olympiacos.org/article/48554/sto-toyrnoya-«afyon-cup»-o-thrylos

Its a tournament that will gonna held in the Afyonkarahisar City…its a one of the world famous hot termals place. The Tournament will be played at the New Complex that will officially gonna open with this tournament,… Afyon Cup 2015..the image belov is stadium of this tournament. between 20~25 July is the tournament date.
    [​IMG]

7. jessepv

jessepv Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Thanks for the information roxbury, the Afyon Cup won't work because it's in Turkey.

It looks like the AEK Athens vs Anorthosis would work the best, but there is no information on either team's website. This is concerning because they have the information of the match vs Sevilla which happens after the Anorthosis match.

8. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    The match between AEK and Anorthosis will be played in Poland.

9. jessepv

jessepv Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Seeing an Athens team play won't work for me then. Do you know of any games in Crete (Chania, Rethymno, or Heraklion)?

10. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    The problem is PAO is in the Netherlands, AEK are in Poland, and Olympiakos are in Turkey while you're in Greece. I'm sure you can find a friendly involving teams in Crete, but these would be lower division sides like Chania AO, Ergotelis, and OFI.

11. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Panathinaikos play Udinese in at the Leoforos stadium in Athens on July 22nd. Michael Essien will likely make his debut.

12. jessepv

jessepv Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Unfortunately I leave Athens the 19th :( OFI are in Holland until August 2. The other teams' websites are in Greek with no translate option. If you have time to check them, please let me know if there are any games July 21-23 or Heraklion the 24th. Thank you so much!