Greece & Cyprus Forum Survey

Discussion in 'Greece & Cyprus' started by Horsehead, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Horsehead

Horsehead Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Message from BigSoccer All - We are asking all forum members to give us some feedback about the state of our forums. We would be grateful if you would take a few moments to vote in the poll, but more importantly post your thoughts about how things are going in this forum. Anything is fair game - the moderators, the quality of the discussion, the amount of traffic, the forum structure, etc. Voting is useful, but we are most interested in ways you think BigSoccer and specifically this forum can be improved -- what we are doing right or wrong, and your thoughts generally about your use of this forum.

Thank you for any feedback you can provide!

---------

The above was posted by mods all over bigsoccer a couple of months ago but since this forum doesn't have any mods, you didn't get one. This thread is to get your feedback AND to get some volunteers and/or nominations for moderators for this forum. :)

2. ARIS_SUPER3

ARIS_SUPER3 New Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    The forum is okay - but room for some improvement

:cool::cool::cool:

only 3 smilies allowed?
    this is the one thing..

the other is that i think it would be good
    to have the number of the posts one member has
    under the join date...

but the forum is great ..

3. VAMOS ARIS

VAMOS ARIS New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Salonica
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    I agree
    2 more things. In Avatar you can upload just a very small photo and in signature you can wright just 1 line.
    Thanks

4. aris-salonica

aris-salonica New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Salonica, Greece
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Useful survey.

I also voted the 2nd option -- there's room for more improvement.

I agree with both posters above, the avatar could be a little bigger, as well as the signature.

Another useful modification would be to add more emoticons. They are a useful way to express one's feelings and become more understood from the other posters. In addition, it would be nice if you could stop calculating emoticons as pictures, so that we could post as many as we want. 3 pictures' limit is OK imo, in order not to get long and "heavy" posts, but emoticons are necessary.

What I like most is the quick reply and the quick edit buttons. They save us a lot of time. The embedded youtube videos are also another great feature; it other fora that I am writing in, you have to click on the link and then watch the video, smth that is rather inconvenient.

Apart from these, I really don't have to make any other remarks about this forum; I like it very much being here and communicating with other soccer fans. Beside the info we exchange, the interraction we have could be a cultural lesson about the mentality, the perspective and the psychology of the 2 nations.

:)

5. mich-3

mich-3 New Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Athens
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    The forum is okay - but room for some improvement.

I aggree with all the above observations. :rolleyes:

Especially with the emoticons part. I use them a lot and I am a little bit restrained in this forum. :p

P.S. Thanks for the attention we are (Aris' fans) getting from all the mod and admin team of the forum. We are feeling most welcome here and we are pleased that we can contribute something in exchange.

edit:Just remembered one thing. Maybe one should have the choice of deleting their messages instead of only being able of editing.

6. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    The delete button is there after you press edit. For the other poster, if you click on the poster's name you can get access to their number of posts, all their previous posts, and more.

7. aris-salonica

aris-salonica New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Salonica, Greece
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Another cool thing is the "add to the reputation".

Very very clever feature! It gives credit to someone who deserves it. ;)

Btw, I discovered it only yesterday. I' ll be using it a lot from now on!

And thanks to all of you that wrote all these comments about me. :)

8. mich-3

mich-3 New Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Athens
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    or someone who has many of his friends in here...:p

9. aris-salonica

aris-salonica New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Salonica, Greece
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    ^^

LOL! :p

That's the alternative explication! :D

10. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think it should be allowed to tell other people that rapage to their team is coming in their threads

I got a yellow card for telling aris fans that Nery shall rape aris once more

:mad:

11. Horsehead

Staff Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Pern,

Please allow these people to have & enjoy their forum as a normal place for regular football discussions and which is not located in WR. You were trolling and ya know it. The post was reported by regular members here, most people don't think rape is a joke.

Do not derail this thread to call attention to yourself. PM me if you just have to discuss.

12. mich-3

mich-3 New Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Athens
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    You should have known better... Never refer to a God like that... One way or another you will be punished (it is called ύβρις in ancient Greek)...

:cool:

13. aris-salonica

aris-salonica New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Salonica, Greece
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
  14. Horsehead

Staff Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Thanks for your comments. To answer a couple of questions....

Bigsoccer has made a conscious decision to let the threads truly be for the football conversation. That is the reason we don't have big avatars, big signatures, images in signatures, reputation on each and every post. Each post should be max-readable for what you have to say in that situation, not a repetitive large stamp of your presence. Make your personality known by the content of your posts. :)

At one point, unlimited smileys were allowed. Since this is bigsoccer, of course it got abused. :D (See the 8th post in this customer service thread. :p) I like to use smileys myself but I've come to appreciate that the 3 smiley/image limit forces me to be expressive with words. Damn.... I've already run out of smileys. ><

Are any of you interested in being a moderator here? Anyone you would nominate?

15. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    just did my patriotic duty on that guy who ruined it for everyone else

16. mich-3

mich-3 New Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Athens
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    First of all thanks for the time you spent to answer to our silly :)D) requests. We are used to writing in a totally different forum, the SUPER-3 fans forum so some things appeared almost weird in the beggining (like the smileys and avatars part). I can understand why this happens and I find myself in the difficult position of totally agreeing with you. This happens for practical reasons. (I thinks 3 is too low though :p)

I would vote for aris-salonica.

17. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think we need a olympiakos moderator to bring balance to the force

18. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    im not

at least im not trying

but I do think a fair mod from aris should be added and also a fair mod from olympiakos too

19. ARIS_SUPER3

ARIS_SUPER3 New Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    I would vote aris-salonica too i guess:)

if he wants it..

ONLY ARIS

20. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    aris-salonica seems like a cool guy, if I may make a humble recommendation, tanoxsiempre has been a aris follower for a while and as a matter of fact he has helped bring more traffic to this forum and he will continue to do so, I recommend tanoxsiempre for mod of this forum. I had the pleasure to also engage in some futbol convos with him in the past and he is a good guy who will bring a good experience to the regulars including myself here.

21. aris-salonica

aris-salonica New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Salonica, Greece
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    First of all, thnx to all of you guys that suggested me as a potential mod.

Actually, I have neither the free time nor the experience of being a mod and so, I will kindly deny the proposal; I am very honored, though! ;)

If I was ever involved in such kind of activity, I would like to do it properly. I would like to be able to dedicate a lot of time and energy to make these forums function normally and -above all- to come up to the admins' expectations.

Since now, I have spent a lot of time to share info and knowledge about Aris and greek soccer and I am happy to see that this kind of activity perharps attracted some other Aris' fans here, who are actually very good in sharing further information. Now, I don't feel that my absence will deprive you of some useful news about Aris, greek soccer and EJ/Adu; there are way too many people here to address to and learn anything you are interested in.

Anyway...

My denial doesn't mean I will spend less time round here or stop exchanging opinions with you. I felt very welcome and I will be more than glad to keep on being here.

Thanks again to all of you guys! :)

22. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    wow you are a gracious guy

so that leaves tanoxsiempre as the only candidate

23. mich-3

mich-3 New Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Athens
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    don't know this guy...

bellof-3 do you want to take the responsibility?

24. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  25. mich-3

mich-3 New Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Athens