Review: Greatest FC Barcelona Soccer Player Of All Time.

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by Daniel96, Jan 11, 2012.

?

Who Is The Greatest Barcelona Soccer Player Of All Time

1. Messi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Ronaldinho

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Ronaldo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Rivaldo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Romario

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. Laudrup

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Maradona

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Cruyff

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. schwuppe

schwuppe Member+

Sep 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih
    Wikipedia says his tuberculosis started in 1952.

2. lajake

lajake Member

Dec 29, 2011
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Should have a new poll is Daniel96 the most obnoxious poster in the history of Big Soccer.

3. Once

Once Member+

Apr 16, 2011
    Its all good. I read in these forums a lot more than I write. Its interesting and one can learn a lot. As I told you, I dont know much about Kubala. Actually, for what I read and stats, etc., I would have imagined Cruyff > Kubala for Barsa. Yet Kubala took the voting... Anyways, I engaged here with you because if there was someone from the past that was greater for Barcelona than Messi, I want to know about it, I want to know what made him greater. I know what Messi has and I want to know what whomever else (in this case Kubala) has to match that up or even surpass it. You can imagine my disappointment when what I get is "Sometimes, being absent says more than being present."...
    Just as disappointed as I was when I we were talking about Maradona and you left me hanging wondering what it had been meant.
    Does it really matter the reason why he missed them? In 10 league seasons of 30 games each he averaged 18.6 games played per season. The two seasons he played the least (1952-53 and 1959-60) were title winning cammpaigns for Barcelona..

There is a thread over at Xtratime posting that very same question, but nobody had an answer.
    Anyways, we were both wrong here. Kubala actually did finish 5th in the 1957 voting (he scored 8 of his 11 goals with the Spanish national team that year). Thats my mistake. But Luis Suarez received votes for the 1958, 59 and 60 editions (besides a couple of other Barcelona guys in 1959), while Kubala never did again. That was your mistake.

4. xedeluxe

xedeluxe Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    its a shame not to list out kubala... as you go to camp nou you will see kubala statue outside camp nou.... for me its kubala and base on messi current form, he may be the greatest player of all time... beside since i follow barca... maradona doesnt have his best day at barca shirt and he made his name because of argentina WC and the napoli day...

5. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Messi is defiently better than Kubala, he beat his goal record. Messi will also beat Cesar Rodriquez goal record too which will make him Barcelona highest goal scorer of all time.

6. xedeluxe

xedeluxe Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

yeah.. agree too but its shame to leave out kubala out of the list.. any barca fan around the world especially the catalan people knew kubala is their best player until messi came up...

7. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yee I never really thought of putting Kubala in the list.

8. lajake

lajake Member

Dec 29, 2011
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From your posts it seems you do not think much.

9. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Kubala played like 60-70 years ago, how on earth am I meant to think of him and I hardly even know of him and I havent even seen videos of him playing.
    All I know is that Kubala is the 3rd highest La Liga goal scorer after Messi surpassed him.

10. Vasu

Vasu Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Pele also played ~50 years ago, but you still include him in your all time lists at the very top. How on Earth did you think of him?

11. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
    I'd say probably Johan Cruyff.

12. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Because Pele is the KING of soccer, Kubala is nothing special.

13. El Negro Jefe

El Negro Jefe Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Mate, don't be a child, although you are.. Laci Kubala is the best Barca player ever and belongs among 10 the best ever, alongside with Best, Maradona, Don Alfredo, Pelé, Cruyff, Garrincha, Beckenbauer, Ronaldo and Zidane..

14. sXeWesley

sXeWesley Member+

Jun 18, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cruyff.

If there was no Cruyff there would be no Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, etc. No Cruyff = no La Masia

Kubala and Messi are the only other players I could imagine someone voting for.

15. dony

dony New Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Gimnasia y Esgrima La Plata
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Do you really have a clue about football??, who is the guy sculpted in a statue outside the Camp Nou ?, ask any REAL cule about "El Barça de las 5 copas", also a RM legend like Di Stefano agree that Kubala matches him in influential terms in Catalunya, or what do you think was the reason for moving from Le Corts to Camp Nou?; is a pity that youngsters do not have any respect with truly football legends.............

16. dan_durrant90

dan_durrant90 New Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Are you joking? Kubala is one of the greatest players there ever was. Most of the very top players I have never seen so its hard to compare but there is no doubt he was one of the best. Maybe somewhere between 10-20, some would argue higher.

List who you believe are 'special' players and most of them won't be as good as Kubala was or have had a greater impact.

17. dony

dony New Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Gimnasia y Esgrima La Plata
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You are right mate, and honestly the biggest problem is the laziness , there are a lot of wonderful stuff available today, you can practically rent any football match played since 1953!, I have watched all the European Cup finals on video , and I can assure you that Barça was pretty unlucky in 1961, but Czibor, Kubala and Suares had a great game; furthermore, I really hope that at least the new generation of football lovers can understand that it is a centenarian sport whit so many legends who deserve respect.