Graphic Designers: New USSF emblem challenge!

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by dada3345, Mar 28, 2009.

1. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought the same thing.

2. diagoro

diagoro Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. swedust

swedust Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    OK, gotta get back to work (though I do this kind of thing for a living) but here is my update. Heh.

[​IMG]

Those red stripes could be vertical for those who want to stay closer to current version.

4. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Untouchable305

Untouchable305 New Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I threw this together on the Mac version of Paint. I used the United States Army Air Forces roundel used in World War II as inspiration.

[​IMG]

6. Devil_78

Devil_78 Member

May 7, 2001
    Kashiwazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Nice. Simple.

However, do you NEED a football in a USA logo? After all, all the other US Federation logo's include an object identifying the sport played. USA baseball has a baseball, USA Hockey has a player, etc. Maybe USA Soccer can break with tradition, and NOT!

Any combination of stars, stripes, and eagles screams USA. (Just not blue stripes!)

7. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I may sound like a Debby Downer but I love our logo. Not for its looks but what it means. It's become recognizable and I would HATE it to change. So often when BS has threads on badges and kits for the Nats the topic of tradition comes up over and over. 80% of our nation's soccer history has been created with that crest. We've achieved more in the 17 yrs. using that crest than the previous 80 years. Fans have flocked to soccer, have flocked to the national team using that crest. It's become a symbol of our national team and that my friends is tradition. I wouldn't kick and scream if the crest was changed; some folks have created amazing mock ups but I would be really disappointed. The crest has an emotional ties to me and many people.

8. Devil_78

Devil_78 Member

May 7, 2001
    Kashiwazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Fair enough. But why does it have to look like the flag of Cuba?