Grande Alvaro - Alvaro Morata Thread[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Oct 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  2. SayWhatIWant

SayWhatIWant Member+

Jan 10, 2015
    Always worked hard on the field, never quite had the talent

3. MadridistaElComanche

Sep 17, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just extremely disappointing news... I cant really believe it to be honest. The fault lies on both sides, the club and Morata.

4. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There's no "fault" here, just two parties doing what's best for them each and parting amicably.

5. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You know he's played professional football since 2009 right? So 8 entire seasons in one of the most physically taxing sports out there. People say the same thing about Lebron - who has played in the NBA since he was 18 and is going on his 15th season. They could be (and normally are) completely wrong, but how does that make it racist?

Was it racist when people said the same about Pato due to his injuries at 24? Only a racist finds a racial problem in every argument.

Shay Z repped this.
  6. MadridistaElComanche

Sep 17, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The fault is clearly on the club, on second thought. Morata is the obvious choice over Benzema from here on out.

7. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's made roughly 35 more appearances than Morata in his senior career and has no history of injuries. What indication is there that his body is worn down?

Conveniently you ignore some of the other quotes I posted. I can post many more. Have anything to say about the quote on intelligence? Of course not, that's why you deleted it.

We can agree to disagree. Just leave at that.

8. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Where did you get those numbers? The difference in appearances is over 100 and Lukaku has played 2.5x Morata's minutes, due to Morata's bench roles. (source transfermarkt)

Lukaku: 326 app (24,119 minutes)
    Morata: 206 app (9,470 minutes)

"They could be (and normally are) completely wrong, but how does that make it racist?" This was my question which YOU conveniently ignored. They are saying he's worn down because he's played almost 2.5x the professional football as his peer group. They are probably completely wrong because analysts are dumb. But my question is: HOW IS BEING WRONG RACIST? I picked this quote only because it was the most absurd argument you made towards someone being a racist. That's a big accusation to throw around, and if you're going to use it, you should have very good evidence. Someone questioning a player's physical endurance based on numbers is not inherently racist, even if they're wrong.

By "some of the other quotes," you mean the only other quote you gave as evidence that pundits are racist? As for this one, I don't watch Everton weekly so I can't comment on his intelligence. Since I don't know either way, I chose not to offer an opinion. I think a lot of people on this forum would benefit from the same practice. But sure, take that as evidence that you're right and that players can't be criticized or compared without it being about their skin color.

9. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Let me correct you if i may, or is this also racist? :D So: Everything is racist, except actual racism.

azriel repped this.
  10. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where did I say this? Overreaction much? Jesus calm down. I've already said that I rate Morata over Lukaku. I criticize players all the time, regardless of skin color. The question is how to do it. I don't care if you haven't watched Everton. Saying a player has no intelligence at all is wrong. Some of the most amazing players are dumb as rocks. regardless of Lukaku's play, that's not a proper way to critique imo. That pundit does not know Lukaku nor anything about his intelligence.

Breathe. Relax.

11. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hahaha so you complain I ignore something you wrote in your first post, I respond to your entire post in the second post and now I've "overreacted." Sly way to back down from a stupid position you took

azriel repped this.
  12. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you even see the part I quoted? You responded and then falsely put words in my mouth. I'm not backing down from anything. Nowhere did I say that "players can't be criticized without it being about skin color"

STFU and learn to read before you respond. I DID NOT SAY THAT

13. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lukaku was criticized and you disagreed. Instead of saying "pundits are dumb" (which I have said 4 times now), you said that there is subtle racism at play. I was simply saying that you are misinterpreting those words and reading racism where none was likely intended.

If I used hyperbole in my last post, I apologize - I didn't mean to write that you think all criticism is racist. I just disagree with this case.

azriel repped this.
  14. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apology accepted. If I used hyperbole as well, I also apologize.

You've made your point. Perhaps I'm wrong. I was simply surprised at how much it seemed the English media was knocking Lukaku and I thought some things could be phrased better. Some of the criticisms seemed over the top as well. I probably brought this up because they made it seem as if he brings nothing to the table, when clearly his stats dictate that he contributes to some degree.

Anyway, i hate the PL so I hope they all fail.

15. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Fckin SJW rhetoric! The worst thing after Hitler.

azriel repped this.
  16. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And on this idiotic note (hoping it's sarcasm) let's keep it to football.

4x4s repped this.
  17. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Why the hate mr. moderator? :ninja:

azriel repped this.
  18. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Can you take your racism talk somewhere else? I for once don't see this thread being titled "Grande Bullshit- The Racism Thread".

19. MorataIsClutch

Mar 12, 2017
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Saw this coming a mile away. We are in very very big trouble this season