Grande Alvaro - Alvaro Morata Thread[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Oct 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Sad to see Morata go but I think the club has handled this summer well. Zidane publicly said he wanted Morata to stay and I think there was a real chance of that from the club's perspective especially after Manu deal blew up but it's clear Morata always had his head set to go somewhere else.

Either way I wish him well.

2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Then again, Benzema was absolutely brutal against Atleti, and Juve in the CL, and was the best player on the pitch away at Celta to seal the deal. The point is that Benzema when he is on, is absolutely better than Morata.

Last season was Morata's personal best, and one of Benzema's worst. So if they are that "close" under these circumstances, the decision is an easy one to make really.

S1na, raven3k and dolohovs repped this.
  3. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thanks for the the stats, I am aware of what happened this season, I was present.

Why would anybody accept lesser wages to come here? Why would they accept being on the bench in the biggest games of the season? Why would they keep fighting for their place against new galactico signings?

Of course I understand why he left. I wish he would have given us more and stayed.

Deep Pal repped this.
  4. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not really comfortable with us not replacing Morata. Unfortunately we have gone a season with no backups to key players before (Benzema, Casemiro, Marcelo, Ramos when he was RB) so its not out of the question that we would do it again, but hopefully that means Mbappe is coming.

Digital and Shay Z repped this.
  5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    On the other hand, next season will be Morata's most important as a professional yet. Chelsea are clearly going into the season with him as their starting lineup striker, so he'll have to bring in the goals/compete at the top of the goal scorers ranking for the first time in his career.

Digital repped this.
  6. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If he scores the same as he did last season he will be up there with the top scorers in the Premier League. Getting 18 and above is considered world class in that league.

He's a better fit at Chelsea than United too. I actually think he will do well.

Deep Pal and madridista_hr repped this.
  7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Me too, but the pressure he's under will be totally different next year.

8. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We 're just shrinking our attacking force

9. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Except we're not. James went out, Ceballos came in. Morata left so it's either Mbappe or we're shrinking it so we play some varation of 4-4-2. Trust the club.

10. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    Not really, Bale is back, plus the likelihood of buyng Mbappe, the emergence of Asensio and the improvement of the midfield and defence.

We will be fine.

Last season Morata and James combined for 31 goals and 13 assists, surely we can cover that with another striker plus Bale staying fit, the emergence of Asensio and Isco taking the next step.

11. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There was not a single game last season where Benzema was the "best player on the pitch".
    This was inevitable, Morata clearly understand is a reserve player, a 2nd choice, and he got the balls and believing in himself to take his game to another club and succeed over there.
    I wish him all the best.

12. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bale was an after thought last year and the team was better without him ,putting your hopes on him staying fit and finding form well history states that it wont end well .

not even going to going to bother talking about benz ,Mbappe is very much needed. Cant go in to season hoping ronaldo is going to have a alien like season ending like last year .

13. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He had one nice dribble against altetico and one nice dribble against juventus some how that means he was very good in both games .

ahnaf, MerlinRM, MaxY and 1 other person repped this.
  14. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    #1489 Shay Z, Jul 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    Well, its the day we all knew was coming. Even though we knew it was gonna happen, i'm not gonna pretend that it doesn't hurt. He's our kid and its sad to see him go.

When I read the news, for some reason the superhero goal he scored against Sporting Lisbon in the 95th!!! min after he came back from Turin came to my mind (look who gave the assist). It wasn't a crucial game. We would have been ok with the draw but I remember how crazy we all went when he did that. All of you have to admit that it matters just a little bit more when its our own who does the super hero stuff.

And such a legendary post straight afterwards as well.

Good times.

I'm proud of the way he's turned out as a professional and hope he'll carry the values he's taught at the club at his new destination because no matter where he goes he'll always be known as a Madridista.

Chelsea are getting a gem. I'm so glad he didn't end up at United. Their fans are gonna cry every time they see him score.

EPL teams better watch out...... our boy is coming and he's gonna tear that ass up.

Vaya con dios Alvarito we'll miss you and we'll celebrate all your successes.

Doni, raven3k, 9Qui and 12 others repped this.
  15. Crimson

Oct 11, 2009
    The only game Morata was the best player on the pitch was against Leganes. Stop with the hyperbole.

As for Benzema I can name at least three:
    v BvB at home
    v Eibar away
    v Celta Vigo at home

So please stfu

16. sneakking

sneakking Member+

Sep 11, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

wow

3 whole matches out of about 60 for our starting striker

big matches too

17. Crimson

Oct 11, 2009
    He said there wasn't one, I named three.

I win, you lose, go cry in your Morata jersey.

18. sneakking

sneakking Member+

Sep 11, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I am talking about Depth , I am talking about April when we are in three competitions, I am talking about when we are back from Fifa World club Competitions knowing there wont be much time off due to WC in the summer . ceballos is not a 9 , neither Bale ( if he is not out by mid- November for 4 months .

20. Crimson

Oct 11, 2009
    Dude calm the ******** down there is over a month left in the transfer window. Lol

Anon. repped this.
  21. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He was actually very good in both games.

23. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not about Morata being better than Benzema at their peaks. Morata just deserved more game time and definitely a few more starts last season, and we all saw it. He played his part, he was a good soldier, but he lost confidence of taking a bigger chunk of the striker minutes. With no indication of a Benzema departure and Madrid slobbering over Mbappe, it was clear to him he has to move to get more PT. You could tell when he was brought back that he didn't trust that he'd be given a real chance to become the starter but thankfully he played his role well. He can easily be the Spain starter up top for the WC, while Benzema has no Nt duties so will still play almost all meaningful matches as the starter. There is no need to shit on Morata, the guy just wants to play more and at 24 who can blame him?

Doni, -Reivax-, raven3k and 9 others repped this.
  24. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Please enlighten me what did that was so worthy of being a very good game ?

He was average at best against juventus only reason people think he had a very good game is because that one dribble he made against them when the game was over , that was posted about million times after the game .

Plus thats another final were are main striker got no goals in .

25. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Our "main striker" is Cristiano. Surely after all these years it should be abundantly clear.

4x4s and ahnaf repped this.