Grande Alvaro - Alvaro Morata Thread[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Oct 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [​IMG]
    The future of Alvaro Morata appears more and more likely to be with the Rossoneri after he flew to Milan to seal the deal. Milan are ready to make the Real Madrid striker their headline summer signing and in Italy, they are taking for granted that there is an agreement between the club and the player, at a rate of 7.5 million euros per year.Following information published by MARCA on Wednesday, Milan and Morata have agreed on the terms of their contractual relationship, with only an agreement between the Italian club and Los Blancos missing. An offer around 60 million euros is forthcoming, but Madrid hope to get more, specifically between 70 and 75 million euros. It's worth remembering that Real paid just 30m euros last summer to re-sign the player from Juventus.The background to the possible transfer is Morata's underlying dissatisfaction with his current role at Real Madrid. Despite his remarkable level of performance - 20 goals in just 1,871 minutes, one more than Benzema in 3,162 - it's clear that Morata is the second choice for the centre-forward role. Benzema has been chosen by Zinedine Zidane in all of the major matches in 2016/17, as will occur again, unless there's a monumental surprise, in the Champions League final against Juventus. In Milan, the young Spaniard would be spearhead the attack for their return to Europe - albeit via the Europa League. New owner of the club, Li Yonghong, and coach Vincenzo Montella, appear to have lost confidence in the Colombian striker and ex-Sevilla player Carlos Bacca.

Knows Serie A

Although there is interest in Morata's services from the Premier League - Manchester United and Chelsea are known to have enquired - one of the factors that would persuade him to accept the offer of Milan is his good knowledge of Serie A. He played for two seasons at Juventus, the great dominator of Italian football in the last decade, and left a super impression. In his first season in Turin (2014/15) he scored 15 goals in 46 games.Among them were two that served to eliminate Real Madrid in the Champions League semifinals and another came in the final, which Juve lost to Barcelona. In the next campaign, 2015/16, he added 12 more goals and curiously his last came against Milan in the final of the Coppa Italia.

World Cup year

Another factor that weighs heavily on Morata's mind is that next season will be the warm up to World Cup 2018, a tournament for which the striker has high hopes. He's aware that he must grit his teeth to become the first choice striker ahead of Diego Costa, but also considers that to be able to fight for the position on an equal footing, he must be an indisputable starter for whichever club he's at. At Madrid, as has been proven this season, that has been difficult because of Zidane's preference for using BBC. In Milan, as the undisputed headliner, Morata would have everything in his favour to aim for a similar standing in Julen Lopetegui's squad.

Tears in cibeles

An indication of a possible exit was the attitude of the player in Cibeles, during the celebration of the 33rd LaLiga for Real Madrid. While the rest of his teammates enjoyed a party that was five years in the making, Morata was visibly upset.He didn't hide his tears during the celebration, an image that was captured by the numerous media that covered the crowded event.

Personal issue

Another factor that contributes to reinforcing the choice of Milan, in particular, and of Italy, in general, has to do with his fiance, Alice Campello.She is Italian and, logically, sees the possibility of returning to her country of birth. The couple, moreover, have decided to get married soon and according to different media, the wedding will take place in Venice, her hometown, during June. If Morata's move to Milan is confirmed, the couple would settle in the capital of Lombardy to begin their new life. Morata usually dedicates each goal by forming the A of Alice with his fingers.

2. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If he is moving to Italy then Inter would have been a cool destination for him, but I suppose Icardi there already it wouldn't make much sense.

Looked like a move to Chelsea was the obvious choice after that Guardian interview.

3. FigoIsGod

FigoIsGod Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    I keep thinking Chelsea is the logical fit. Diego Costa has that big money offer waiting in China. Conte knows Alvaro well and wants him there. Chelsea style of play suits him well, it's not a rapid, fast paced tempo with quick build-up. He can be more of the fox in the box and get plenty of service.

He's done what he needed to do in Italy, isn't getting the shot to what he wants in Spain and at home, and has a perfect situation waiting for him with the Premiership champions. Seems like a perfect match.

4. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    "If", he is moving I am happy he is choosing Milan rather than any team in the overrated EPL, and I hope that for all our players that "might" move on at the end of this season, at least then I can still watch them at times to see how they are doing, watching the EPL is torture for me

Deep Pal, temesgen, Shay Z and 1 other person repped this.
  5. zeemov

zeemov Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    yes exactly, especially Milan as I have family there and always enjoy watching their games but not so much in the past few years perhaps with morata and others coming in they make a good team

itll also be good for him being on the forefront of a team supposedly on the rise and hes more than good enough to lead them up

Digital repped this.
  6. petros93

petros93 Member

Real Madrid
    Greece
    May 27, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Man I know Morata is a great player and I want him in our team too. But it's seems strange to me that in a real madrid forum nobody states the obvious. Technically Morata isn't replacing Benzema. He's replacing cr7. Benzema isn't just a scorer like morata is. Benzema does so many things to help cristiano get his goals.
    Cristiano doesn't play lw anymore. He's a vicious scorer. Yes he occasionally goes to the left side but especially after the 60th minute in almost every game when we need to score he's in the box. Then who's the guy going outside or in the wings? It's always benzema. I know he hasn't been his typical self this year. But you guys easily forget what he has offered. Who's to say he won't have a great year again next year? It's not like he's 33 years old.
    That being said I want morata in our team but bale-morata-ronaldo would never work as starters. And we've seen it this season too. Ronaldo probably has 2-3 good years ahead. Then morata could be our top scorer. He doesn't have that patience and that desire to play in real madrid? It's ok let him go to milan or whatever.
    Does anybody else get my point?

7. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The old Benzema plays for Ronaldo argument strikes again

8. petros93

petros93 Member

Real Madrid
    Greece
    May 27, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    It's not only about playing for cr.
    It's more like saying morata over benzema isn't an argument as they don't really play in the same position. If you want morata as a starter start him over cr7. That's his position. Do you prefer him over ronaldo then?

9. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I prefer him over Benzema

Digital repped this.
  10. petros93

petros93 Member

Real Madrid
    Greece
    May 27, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    That's like saying I want mbappe over ramos though.
    Morata = Scorrer
    Benzema = cr7 perfect robin
    So we ether replace benzema with a player that plays to the left and let cristiano go as a center forward or keep benzema.

11. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    It is that time of the month again, when Benzema "the perfect Robin" apologetics goes full throttle.

In next season pair CR7 and Mbappe, plus Isco behind them and see how reduntant he is upfront.

12. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No it's not. Ronaldo scores bunches with whomever, in Portugal, with Chicharito, etc. Morata and Ronaldo could play together. The need for Benzema is a myth

robnycus, sleepyvato50, Digital and 2 others repped this.
  13. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    This shit ain't even funny anymore.

Digital repped this.
  14. petros93

petros93 Member

Real Madrid
    Greece
    May 27, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    I actually don't disagree with that. I disagree with morata over Benz while they aren't the same type of player and don't offer the same things in our team

15. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    At the end of the day Benz is supposed to be our "9" who does not function as such. He has no hold up play and decides to turn up on occasion if he's feeling up to it. I don't care if he plays to benefit Ronaldo because at the end of the day Cristiano will soon start to fade out because of age.

He may be his "Robin" but Batman is fading and when that time comes "Robin" is not up to for the task.

16. djak_24

djak_24 Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Miami
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Cr7-Mbappe
    Isco
    Sounds very nice :inlove:

Morata should stay and rotate with Cr7 and Mbappe. Benz should be the one leaving. Regarding Bale, I don't know how he fits into this equation.

temesgen repped this.
  17. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    such a shame he's leaving, but with the treatment he is getting from Perez and Zidane, what else can he do.
    of course this time it will be a one way ticket. he'll end his career somewhere else and its a shame. and for what? a player that have done nothing in his time in madrid.

18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's difficult to rate Morata because he has these games where he is amazing, and he also has games where he's absolutely catastrophic, within a month. It makes trust an issue. He gained a lot of trust against Benzema, but then Benzema pulled off that once in a lifetime move against Atleti and i have to admit i hardly see that coming from Morata any time soon.

If he leaves, which he most likely will, a player who can definitely win over the starting position has to join.

Anon., Crimson and natenate101 repped this.
  19. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Perfectly put, this is exactly how I see this player and always have,

Hsain85 repped this.
  20. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I'll rather play James/Isco in that role than Benz.

21. zeemov

zeemov Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    id say Morata was easily one of our top 5 dribblers this year (including the one against valencia that led to the marcelo goal), he has an excellent first touch and feinting to beat the defender (i remember him dribbling past 2 defenders in the touchline in tight space but it wasnt as flamboyant as benzemas)

benzema had 2 good dribbles overall

ahnaf and J-Mezzy repped this.
  22. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    AC Milan? What a poor team to go to

23. zeemov

zeemov Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What a madridista alvaro morata, love the guy and wish him the best whether with us or not... Look at how happy he was with every goal eventhough its against his beloved juventus

24. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Morata had some encouraging words after the game, it seems he wants to stay. I'd really love to see him stay.

25. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I feel like he's going to be sold so we can fund the Mbappe signing.