Grande Alvaro - Alvaro Morata Thread[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Oct 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Benzema played like garbage throught out the season. He was literally so bad, that we were essentially playing with a player less from week to week. He got to many minutes, while certain players not enough. How can any contest that?

2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Easy.

Since he trusts Benzema he gave him all the latitude in the world to "get himself back on track".

He did the same with Navas who seems to have recovered, Cristiano, Modric and is doing it with Bale. He also did this with Lucas, but Asensio's performances on the big stage made Zidane bench him.

While I'm not the biggest fan of this, it's how he seems to do things. Sometimes it works. For instance Modric, Cristiano and Navas have bounced back big time from their season struggles.

There is no perfect manager and system so everything will have a flaw.

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  3. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    We are talking about basically whole season of "kickstarting" the engine. And maybe at the end that engine showed a little bit of cough. We basically wasted over 2,5k minutes for one dribbling for 1:2 loss - near upset, and having zero room for failure in La Liga.

1,7k minutes in La Liga, while being absolute garbage and 1,3k minutes for a performing striker? It does not compute. For me it is clear that Zidane has a soft spot for Benzy, or he actually believes that Benzema is a better fit than Morata upfront alongside CR7 due to tactical reasons.

4. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    Also you have to think that Benzema's last season with us is at the forefront of Zidane's mind and trying to get him back to that level.

5. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    It was only until January that Benzema started underperforming though, I would say he was very good up until that loss to Sevilla and then he straight up spiralled.

Just think about this for a second. He had 12 goals up until that loss on January 15th. Great numbers. Easily on track for a 20+ goal season. Since then he has had only 5. So it wasn't the entire season like you said. Morata had basically until February to March to convince Zidane to replace Benzema with him and he didn't do enough.

Benzema had 5 games in a row where he started and didn't score from that loss on the 15th of January till almost a month later on the 11th of February. But to be fair to him that last game against Osasuna, he didn't score but he was very good, which got him the nod for the UCL final and he managed to score there as well and that pretty much cememnted his position for the rest of the season in Zidane's eyes. he wasn't going to rock the boat at such a crucial time in the season regardless of what everyone else was saying or doing.

Edit: I would like to point out something quickly as well. After the first leg against Napoli Benz did go two more games as a starter without scoring then was subsequently dropped for Morata. Morata had probably his worse game of the season and we went on to draw the game 3-3. Benzema started the next game and destroyed Eibar away with MotM honors and Morata's small window was closed for good.

YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  6. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Exactly. Not saying he doesn't have a soft spot for Benzema. I am saying there are players who earned his trust and he sticks by them until he either can't or another player forces him to trust them as well.

Asensio and James just recently forced Zidane to take them seriously after he had pretty much made them Lucas deputies early on.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  7. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    One thing I noticed , unlike James , Morata looked so happy from the min 1 till the end . I hope ZZ can convince him to stay

[​IMG]

Excape Goat, Deep Pal, ahnaf and 3 others repped this.
  8. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    i think that the key to Zizou success here. He just made everone happy, calm and has huge respect. Look to James, we all know he will leave us bu he still has huge respect and no matter what did his job, respect the team and enjoying it.

9. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  10. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  11. zeemov

zeemov Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    yeah it could be its been his dream as a kid to win help madrid win the league but honestly it did seem like this was showing signs hes leaving and i really hope its not true... players like him, carvajal, casillas, raul and even guti are what give this team its identity and its always a shame to lose such a talented one of them

12. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True, not to mention he is young and scores goals regularly when he plays. Why would we even think to let him go? Baffling.

ahnaf and temesgen repped this.
  13. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The only possible reason we let him go is if HE wants to leave.

14. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Morata hiding behind a flag , ronaldo putting the pressure on :laugh:

Zidane05, Doni and RM or None repped this.
  15. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    It will ********ing suck if we lose Morata.

Doni, ahnaf, temesgen and 1 other person repped this.
  16. zeemov

zeemov Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    man i still remember when he was 19 looking like a goofy teenanger and he came on and scored a winner for us against levante right after

he reminds me a lot of a morientes/RVN type striker which we dont see often in todays game i really hope he stays and becomes our #9 he's more than ready especially given hes a big game player which hes proved time and again

temesgen and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  17. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think the odds of him leaving are over 70 %. He's either behind Benzema or behind Mbappe. The treatment that he received this year was terrible. Outperformed Benzema by miles yet got so little minutes,one of the players with the fewest minutes..

I think he'll be a mega-star in the Premier League. No way in hell that players like Lukaku and Kane are better than him.

18. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'd like Morata to stay, but also can understand him wanting to move if we sign Mbappe. With Benz, at least one is aging and Morata can look to be a starter in a year or two. But if we sign Mbappe for 100 ME, Morata's chances here long term are slim. I just hope he doesn't end up at Man Utd.

19. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This is sad. :(

Doni repped this.
  20. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In the end, these players are athletes that wants to play all the time, if Morata wants playing time he needs to leave the club. its very simple. it will also be the smart move for him if he wants to play in the NT.

21. zeemov

zeemov Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    so reports now highly linking Alvaro to AC Milan and i think that would be a great move for him and if he is to leave I would've have hoped he'd go to Milan, they seem to be building up a reinforced team and it would be great for him to be the head striker leading that. he is definitely ready and talented enough to do that.

22. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm not sure a move to AC Milan is the best for him. They are quite behind other top teams and it will take a lot of money and time to rebuild them.

I think a move to the EPL would be better career wise.

temesgen repped this.
  23. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    He must like Italy for sure and that may have to do with his decision to go there.

24. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    His fiancée is Italian.

25. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    He has to go if he wants to play first team football. Good enough to be a starter almost anywhere else, but not good enough to start for Real Madrid every week.

Good luck to him wherever he ends up, but I think Chelsea would be the best option.