Grande Alvaro - Alvaro Morata Thread[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Oct 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009

CR7PT, Oscar, temesgen and 2 others repped this.
  2. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He has pretty much said he is leaving in a recent interview. He isn't ok with the ridiculous disparity in minutes between him and an extremely underwhelming Benzema. He is also much better than Lucas (whose lack of quality compared to Asensio has been glaring hence why he has been getting dropped) and Nacho( although Nacho seriously stepped it up this season).

He should defintely be a starter and thats on Zidane. It really annoys me that we're going to let go of a Spanish Canterano this summer without giving him a real chance for a) Benzema to stay or b) Mbappe.

9Qui repped this.
  3. zeemov

zeemov Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    he needs to be our starting attacker i really dont understand why benzema keeps getting the favours done for him, the way morata moves on and off the ball is spectacular to watch and a terror for defences he deserves to be our #9 benzema needs to go

4. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    #1129 9Qui, Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    Morata is red hot! He even has 3 goal in the UCL in just 162 minutes.
    He doesn't actually have that fewer minutes in the league than Benzema. 1148 vs. 1648.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  5. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    I still hope that the reason behind him playing is getting proper price for the summer.

6. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    857548703976042496 is not a valid tweet id

7. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Perfectly sums it up how ridiculous this situation is.

8. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    It's 18 goals in 1683 minutes, a goal every 94 minutes. Much better than his average in both seasons with Juventus. When he left us he had 9 goals in 969 minutes, a goal every 108 minutes. He has stepped it up.
    In comparison Benzema has 17 goals in 2743 minutes, a goal every 161 minutes.
    Interestingly, Cristiano has 31 goals in 3502 minutes, a goal every 113 minutes.

9. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    He should have had a few more yesterday.. Good overall performance though.

robnycus repped this.
  10. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    True. But anyone will miss every once in a while and if you can maintain an average of a goal per match, you won't hear me complain. :thumbsup:

11. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    He missed an incredible opportunity in front of goal. Same with Lucas .

12. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I'm going to stay positive, hopefully he sticks around for another season and Zidane uses him.

13. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Fact is he won't be here next season. I just hope he joins Chelsea and tears the Premier league a new hole. That's the least he deserves.

14. zeemov

zeemov Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    would be heartbreaking seeing him and marcos alonso tearing games apart when they could be doing that in a RM shirt where they belong

15. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    I bet this is the reasoning behind Zidane benching him for next 5 games.

16. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Marcos Alonso belongs in a prison uniform, not a Real Madrid shirt.

AriGold, Saeta Rubia, 4x4s and 1 other person repped this.
  17. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Benzema gets a pat on the back for doing that every single match .

ahnaf repped this.
  18. RMSocrates

RMSocrates Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I want to give this guy the biggest freaking hug. Fantastic play off that throw in for Marcelo's goal.

Moved into a tight angle position but the way he shielded and lifted the ball over the Valencia player then played it into that area for Marcelo was great. Something our other striker couldn't imagine doing since his made of getting dirty with a CB and is made of jello.

Sure Marcelo still had a fair amount to do but he would never have had the chance had Morata not done his part.

********ing grande Alvaro! Doing the dirty work.

CR7PT, 9Qui, Ahmadi8 and 9 others repped this.
  19. kweyork

kweyork Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That move for the goal was superb. But you can see the slight disconnect between ronaldo and morata, i think that's the main reason zidane is continuing with benzema for the big games.

9Qui and zeemov repped this.
  20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hands down the better striker in the team right now. Quicker, stronger, more engaged. I even fully cosign his yellow card today.

-Reivax-, Ahmadi8, Zidane05 and 2 others repped this.
  21. zeemov

zeemov Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree they seem to get in each others way a bit but that could be because morata was subbed in and they didnt start together, either way id rather have two dangerous forwards that just one with the other doing nothing at all, benzema shouldnt get credit for not doing anything just because it makes ronaldo look good

22. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    They have barely started any matches together you cant judge what there like on 20 or 10 min sub appearances.

23. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    It's not even a competition. They're not even in the same planet. Morata is playing well, but Benzema is playing for the other team.

ahnaf and MerlinRM repped this.
  24. kweyork

kweyork Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Your right, but its also true that morata occupies the same spaces ronaldo likes to - coming wide to receive then eventually ending up in the penatly area. Its best not to try and force players into new habits this late in the season unless you have to, like in the case of an injury.

25. kweyork

kweyork Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Having two dangerous strikers that cancel out each other can also be more detrimental - you essentially will be have having none of those strikers being effective. It is one of the negative aspects ronaldo brings to the team, he wants to always dictate and at times he is not easy to play with, his complaining if not getting the perfect pass, if you shoot from a better position instead of passing etc. These things can affect a team adversely.

He had similar problems with bale when he first arrived, bale had to re adjust his playing style so that the two of them could get along on the pitch, and in my opinion this has reduced bale's role on the team to that of a right winger who defends.