Grande Alvaro - Alvaro Morata Thread[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Oct 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's not giving up, he's not been given a chance to break into the starting 11, they're two different things and you can't knock Morata for wanting to go to Chelsea.

2. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Mbappe has positioning, instinct and movement of CF. He thrives centrally. He is CF. He is similar to Luis Nazario da Lima and not Cristiano / Neymar.

Dembele is winger, not Mbappe.

sleepyvato50 and Zidane05 repped this.
  3. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Yeah I agree. I think he CAN play as a wide player (definitely has the skills too) but he's best utilized as a CF who can get behind the forward line. I think you're wasting him out wide like we wasted Bale on the right.

4. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, to me Morata is pretty much lost as well. That interview he did with the Guardian saying 'I'm 24, I can't wait around my whole career for a chance to break into the team' really says it all. He has the ambition to be #1, and clearly he feels he needs to leave and be the top dog at any other European club.

5. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Its sucks because I really wanted him to play a bigger role to eventually take over for Benzema but it just seems like it was never meant to be for him at the club. At least with Carlo, Benz was doing well and Morata was young but this season Benzema is struggling while having his "godfather"( Benz's direct words) as manager even though Morata has shown he deserves more.

Now I'm more excited about the fee he can get us.

6. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We sure as hell shouldn't be letting youth products like Morata leave the club, especially since he's shown he can contribute and gives his all for the club. These players should be the backbone, even if they don't start week in and out. He has deserved more playing time this season, and for me it's the biggest criticism I have for ZZ. Just doesn't make sense, as he is young and usually scores when he plays when even a little consistency. He should be made to feel appreciated and important so that he stays. Misplayed this situation I think. Hopefully it's salvageable. Morata has been exemplary in his performances and attitude this season.

MerlinRM, Strokedoc, Eddie and 5 others repped this.
  7. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Another start, another goal. What more does he need to do? Not long ago he was accused of performing better when coming on from the bench, but in his last start he scored a hat trick and now this. Why are we looking outside when we have a canterano performing?

ahnaf, Saeta Rubia and Doni repped this.
  8. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got the goal, which is big of course. But he also contributed nothing else the entire game. Didn't do enough today imo

Anon. and robnycus repped this.
  9. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Didn't do enough for what? Win us three points (again)? Let's not forget an incorrectly disallowed goal as well.

He was off the game in the first half, fine, but to point that out as a weakness in a discussion about him not being given a fair chance in general, is bizarre. After the work ethic and performances and end product he's shown this season.

ahnaf and 9Qui repped this.
  10. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Still more than benzema contributes .

Crimson and 9Qui repped this.
  11. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Great work ethic, nice goal, nice game, Morata for 9!! Problem with Benz is when he plays average like Morata this game, he just walks arounds the pitch. Morata works hard, runs, creates for others, I love our cateranos.

ahnaf and .halamadrid2. repped this.
  12. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I wouldn't exactly say we wasted Gareth on the right after all he had one of if not his best season at Madrid playing there

On another totally different note I still think Morata is better coming into the game off the bench than starting

13. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1113 Hendrix22, Apr 15, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
    I think Benzema creates more for others when he doesn't score, but Morata is more dangerous from crosses because of better heading ability and positioning. And with our emphasis on playing wide with fullbacks overlap, crossing will be of great importance for some time I believe. The drop in creativity with Morata on the pitch is smaller than the increase of goalscoring threat in the box with him out there.

Zidane05 and kweyork repped this.
  14. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    In the first half he kept waiting on the edge of the box instead of getting in for the cross. On Kovacic's run I also thought he didn't make a good enough effort to get in the box. He also missed a total sitter when Nacho headed it at goal. But he got the goal, that's his job and he is good at it. A little like Ruud really. There may be better strikers out there but I am of the mind as others have already stated, he is one of our own and he needs to be part of this team going forward.

15. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    If it was up to me, I'd sell Benzema, buy Mbappe and keep Morata and have them compete with each other. Also I think Mbappe and Morata can play together much better than Morata and Benzema.

MerlinRM, 9Qui and Crimson repped this.
  16. kweyork

kweyork Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Selling Benzema would be a mistake, experience goes a long way. If Mpabbe comes morata has to go, no way around it.

17. zeemov

zeemov Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    morata on an average day does wayyyyy more than benzema does on his best days. hes barely even played this year and hes scored the 2nd most on the team eventhough he mostly doesnt have modric or kroos running the show like benzema has

he has better control and better speed and the hunger we need in a striker, he destroyed bayern last year i hope he gets the chance to do the same again this week, benzema has taken all his chances hes just not good enough

18. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    So much hyperbole.

Morata scored, but it was just an okay game. Had that same match been played and it was Benzema he would be getting killed for all the chances he missed.... which were a lot.

Crimson repped this.
  19. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Had Benzema averaged Morata's minutes/goal ratio we wouldn't be talking about selling him this summer.

Oscar, ABB94, temesgen and 1 other person repped this.
  20. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    That has nothing to do with my point. I'm in the sell Benzema camp (I know this won't happen though).

It makes more sense to keep Morata who is younger with great upside.

Excape Goat repped this.
  21. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yet for some reason, Morata is being pushed out the club by Zidane for an almost 30 year old Benzema and perhaps Mbappe (which wouldn't be too bad).

Its passed weird to downright petty the way Morata is ignored.

Oscar and zeemov repped this.
  22. zeemov

zeemov Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Im not buying into this Mbappe story yet, hes still 18 and has a lot to prove, remember how promising benzema was when we first got him?

if the club made any sense it would let go of the BBC and start focusing on isco, morata and asensio as the future of this team problem is our midfeild is already too perfect that it doesnt make sense to add 2 CAMs in isco and asensio but as far as #9s come, we cant wish for a better talent that alvaro he just has a lot going on that its stupid to let go of

MaxY repped this.
  23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    As if anybody (club or players) are making decisions about next season right now.

24. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Would be a shame if he's let go this summer.

Alvaro loves Madrid through and through and seems to be ok with being a squad player much like Lucas and Nacho. These players are crucial to have in the team. No he'll never be a starter here but there's no reason he can't backup Ronaldo as our 9 next season and play a reasonable amount of minutes. Too bad the club with blindly support Benzema though

25. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He shouldn't back up Ronaldo, he should be our starting striker. Ronaldo is 32, his speed is deserting him and he should be phased out.

Halycon and Minduchio repped this.