Grande Alvaro - Alvaro Morata Thread[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Oct 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    And i am wondering what the fck CMB means?!?!?

2. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Cristiano - Morata - Bale.

3. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    What would Floro gain from such favoritism?

I don't think there is any shady business going on. Its just Zidane being stubborn. I'm sure when he was starting coaching other big name coaches always told him to stick to his guns and that's what he's doing. Which is plainly a mistake. He maybe wants to project the image that he won't be forced into changes because of the media or some such. who knows. Of course Zidane wants the team to win and there is no nepotism or any dark forces at work here.

This is just a rookie coach making a mistake. I'm sure he learns from it but in the meantime he is doing serious damage to our chances this season. He needs to get out of his head and just keep it simple, stupid.

Deep Pal, MerlinRM and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  4. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    DOH! :laugh:

Arcticmandaly repped this.
  5. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Carlo also favoured Benzema over Morata and never dropped him even when he sucked more than he does now. But as soon as he left and a reporter asked him about the best strikers Benz wasn't even in contention, and surprise surprise he mentioned a certain Argentinian he so easily let leave all those years ago

6. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Carlo basically said that Benz was a lil pussy. Doesn't want to be the number 1 and is fine is someone else scores. No determination at all. How can the number 9 of Real Madrid not want to score goals?

7. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    So ZZ gets to bench Isco/James for Casemiro and can't drop Benz 'cos of Flo? I really buy that. :D

8. Minduchio

Minduchio Member+

Jul 20, 2003
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Morata wasnt finished product at that time, his stint with Juve was great for him and he came back twice better palyer than he was when he left. Also Benzema used to be better thank this.

Doni, Eddie and Zidane05 repped this.
  9. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Very good points.

Benzema isn't just in bad form, he's started declining.

That stubbornness might lose us players like: Isco, James, Morata. These are all players that could easily be the foundation of other top teams.

10. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I do think that there is favoritism. We have seen time and time again that the BBC will start no matter what, regardless of form or who is coaching

Digital repped this.
  11. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yup, it's pretty clear for me too. I don't think there's much reason behind the favoritism but the BBC is surely favored over other players, if they are healthy they will play.

Digital and J-Mezzy repped this.
  12. GalacticoWave

GalacticoWave Member

May 4, 2016
    Montreal, QC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Cash Money Bitch

MaxY, J-Mezzy, Shay Z and 3 others repped this.
  13. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I hope Zizou keeps starting him. He can develop into a very, very good player.

14. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    He needs consistent playing time to really show what he has become.

Ahmadi8 and RaMaaa repped this.
  15. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    same with Kovačič. you can expect him show something when after couple good games he isn't playing or playing 15mins other 2-3.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  16. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The coach said this to everyone who would listen, he was clear about it, I wasn't sure then and I am still not sure now that's healthy for team unity and competitiveness, you can "think" that's the right way to go and do so, but to say it out loud, still don't think that's right in a team enviorment.

17. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Maybe, he certainly did get the chance to start at Juve but could not hold onto a starting spot, others were chosen ahead of him, but he did get his chance there

MerlinRM repped this.
  18. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He basically traded in one bench spot to another coming back here. But he actually has the chance to bench Benzema, if we had a fairer manager, and develop while being in the XI the way Benzema was allowed to.

Kareem has always been the weak link in BBC. Cristiano is Cristiano. Bale has improved these past 2 seasons when not injured. And well Karim, like Eddie said, has actually started to decline from the very underwelming peak he reached. Zidane can't not realize this. In fact I'm sure he has but his personal affinity for Benz is clouding his judgment.

19. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The only issue I have with Morata is that he puts on way too much hair gel. Besides that, I love his game and I think that we should look beyond all the glitz and glamour of potential striker signings, and realize that he has what it takes to be Madrid's starting #9. He does great with the little resources he has; if he's given a starting spot, we are talking multiple 20+ goal seasons imo.

20. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Anyone else feel like his focus and concentration deteriorate after 30-40 minutes?

21. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I noticed that too. Maybe because he knows he will get subbed:( Like Benzema, he also doesn't have a good response to adversity. Granted that they have different manifestations, but it affects both of them a lot.

zeemov repped this.
  22. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Think it's hard to get a rhythm at all when coming in and out of the squad so frequently. Not sure we've seen his best yet.

Aimar 21, raven3k and sleepyvato50 repped this.
  23. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This man deserves his thread refreshed.
    Morata has scored his 10th league goal this season - surpassing Benzema's 9.
    Benzema 1476 minutes, Morata 890 minutes.

24. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    Morata should be playing and starting more... but ZIdane would never drop his adopted son.

25. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    According to La Liga's website that goal in the 48' minute wasn't an own goal, it was Morata's goal. Nice hattrick.