Grande Alvaro - Alvaro Morata Thread[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Oct 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Somehow I'm not believing he said that, at least not to reporters. If he said that to his father/family/close ones and then it was leaked, it's still not a good message but it's understandable and not a season-ban incident. I'm sure James and most bench players talked in private with their families about that, but If Alvaro did say that to the media then I'm disappointed and I won't be surprised if Zizou chooses to go with Mariano instead of him for the routine garbage minutes in the coming weeks.

The real issue here however isn't Morata comment but Benzema's treatment, ship Morata out and stick with Mariano or whoever and you'll have exactly the same situation next year.

sleepyvato50 and temesgen repped this.
  2. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    This is not a direct quote from Alvaro in an official interview guys. I don't think he is that crazy to say that on record and its not fair to bash him for it.

Off the record though its a possibility and I mean can you really blame him right now? I doubt he wants to be #1 starter but Benzema has been garbage for pretty much the entire year yet is always starting because his relationship with ZZ extends beyond football. Its hard and annoying when you are competing against nepotism basically.

ahnaf, Ahmadi8, MaxY and 3 others repped this.
  3. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Bale, who Lucas typically Subs in four has never been in his poor form is Benzema has...

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  4. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I hope we get Auba if Morata leaves. Won't be surprised if he goes to Chelsea with Courtois coming here(separate deals). I'd get rid of Benz as well if we sign Auba. Benz has complained in the past when he got benched(2013). Sign someone who is willing to be a back up.

5. Marksman

Marksman Member

Dec 21, 2006
    Bye bye. Arsenal is waiting and the club is fitting for a crying baby of a player. Mariano is twice the player with 5 times more of the desire and ambition.

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So if you are Zidane, and know that the comment is legit, how do you react to a player that says "if you're here next season i'm leaving" ?

7. osnap427

osnap427 Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think, foremost, a period of self-reflection to ascertain why exactly Morata might have said that is necessary. Alvaro wouldn't say that for no reason. As we all know he's been shafted time and time again this season in order to field a player who evidently has no motivation or desire to play for this squad.

As a manager (and especially as one considered a "player manager" like Zidane) you try to fix issues like this in your squad, not throw players out over every disagreement you have.

Ahmadi8 and Eddie repped this.
  8. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Vaya con Dios, m0therfvcker!

Would that do it?

I think he should stay and Benzema should leave instead. There was no reason for him to take all these minutes from Morata while totally sucking. You can't blame Morata for wanting to leave, he passed up some good offers so that he would come back to us only to be rotting on the bench. I hate that he did it this way tho, sending messages like this at this point of the season helps no one.

Also, whether it's Zidane's fault or the players, we've now lost 2 great players (Morata and James) due to grudges they hold against Zidane or Zidane holds against them. Zidane clearly favors some players over others, in this case he prefers LV instead of James and Benzema instead of Morata/Mariano.

I have 0 doubt Morata will become a great player, he must choose his next club more wisely though

madridista_hr, Ahmadi8 and temesgen repped this.
  9. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Interesting how there is zero coverage for this on Marca.

10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Cadena Ser is part of the PRISA media group which also owns AS. Marca isn't going to advertise el Larguero, a radio show of the competition, they have Radio Marca.

11. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Don't see anything wrong with what Morata has said.

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He would have to play better to make great demands though. If you really look at his performances, he has some good games, a the hero goal against Sporting, and not much else to show for it. Several complete duds just like Benzema.

13. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Would have been happier if he said I'm leaving if Benzema continues on next season. Still have no problem with what he said.

14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He played twice as much as Benzema did in the Cup. 300 minutes to Benzema's 114 minutes. Benzema has a goal and an assist, Morata has two goals.

He needs to do better. Being as good as Benzema in his lowest point isn't really forcing the situation. Might as well play Benzema and hope he recovers if Morata believes this is the best he can do.

15. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Still think Morata offers more when he plays than Benzema.

16. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Haha he is right to leave. Imagine you being in his spot, watching from the bench how Benzema is fcking up every chance, game and you still don't get a chance. Must be extremely frustrating.

17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Imagine playing two matches both home and way against Sevilla and thinking that was a performance that justifies a complaint about more playing time. Imagine playing almost the entire Cup and having half as many goals as Mariano.

Imagine your last good match being one that Mariano's goal turned around for the team.

18. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Imagine if Morata would get the same priviliged treatment that Benzema gets from his daddy Zidane? Kinda important, isnt it, when you are trying to make comparisons?

Ahmadi8 and RaMaaa repped this.
  19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Morata played more in the Cup than any striker in this club and has half as many goals as Mariano in the tournament.

Morata got multiple starts, even up until last week. He didn't do anything to justify getting more playing time, while at least Benzema got the 3 - 3 against Sevilla to save his skin for another week.

He played 40 minutes against Celta and only had a miserable shot slide directly into the keepers hands.

He needs to do better.

He was the #1 in the Cup this season and was pretty mehr himself. I think he could have started at least the Celta match, but my word, it's not like he's forcing anybodys hand right now with his performances.

20. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Imagine someone stupid comparing Benzema and Morata goals, without actually mentioning with which players they played with or in which circumstances the games were played.

should i name now in which benz couldn't do sht? Long list there. Benz & Ronaldo are lazy as fck, on top of that they don't score. Morata isn't lazy at all and presses really quick and high which is important when you lose you ball. so kick out benz the waste man and get in Morata.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Might as well give Asensio or Lucas Vasquez the call then if that's what's expected of the striker.

22. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ALL our strikers don't bring whats expected. So yeah, then you are going to see the other aspects of the particular footballer and which outclasses the other one. and yes Morata outclasses Benz in speed, drive, explosiveness, shot and most important madridismo. (edit: that one wasn't serious, before you gonna react on 1 sentence again)

RaMaaa and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And yet he hasn't found the net since Depor in December.

We all knew that for Morata to start, he'd need to deliver the arguments. Zidane has given him a follow up start almost every time he played well.

24. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Scoring wasn't the discussion, all our strikers are missing sitters and they are in the first11 :cry::cry:, but even so 1 whole month without scoring for a bench warmer. damn how did he come a footballer?

25. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Maybe if they were playing instead of Benzema than we wouldn't have a disgruntled Morata. Instead we've got Benzema.