PBP: Granada CF v FC Barcelona | J5 - La Liga 19/20 | 21 September 2019 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Sep 20, 2019.

1. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    To be fair we lost to the 1st place team :ROFLMAO:

inswinger repped this.
  2. ShortyMac

ShortyMac Member+

Barcelona
    Apr 10, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FT: 2-0.

Away loss.

3. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Actually Barca is playing so bad it's not a achievement beating them.

4. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    How do you take Rakitic and put in Vidal when you're losing ?

So was that Firpo fuking up all over the place in the first goal ?

5. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Right now we are tied for worst defense in La Liga.

6. Curls

Curls Member

Oct 22, 2017
    As much as i hate to see Roberto start, he isn't exactly a bad player, he's a pretty decent squad player that can fill in every now and then in midfield (lower league teams at home and the Copa), he just isn't anywhere near good enough to be getting this much game time. I mean wtf, he's played in pretty much every game this season and in almost every single position, seriously what does Valverde see in him that the majority of us don't? Effort? That's the only thing i can think of.

Anger shouldn't be aimed at Roberto, it should all be aimed at Valverde, the guy that thinks he's good enough and keeps selecting him.

7. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    And tied with Villarreal for best attack.

Although they scored 4 on Granada so guess we'll give them the tiebreak.

8. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Those 2 home games skewing the attacking stat. But on defense we conceded 2 goals every game except for the first one. Regardless, the play has been awful, and that's concerning.

9. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    4 points above relegation

10. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    So Griezmann is not a LW nor a RW ... who would have thought ... :rolleyes:

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  11. skalomax

skalomax Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I hate how Valverde shows no passion or urgency, and this directly affects our players. I hate it.

12. nucgunner

nucgunner Member

Apr 30, 2004
    Van, Can.
    At least this team needs a proper center forward so there might still be a place for him.
    I’d tell Griezmann and Suarez they won’t be on the pitch at the same time so they playing against each other for minutes. I’d treat Fati and Dembele the same way once Dembele gets healthy.

Then trim 2 of Rakitic, Roberto, and Vidal to make room Arthur and Alena as regulars. Whichever one or the first 3 is happiest and best suited to be a squad player on limited minutes gets to stick around.

Need to light a fire under a few players.

13. Danko

Danko Member+

Barcelona
    Serbia
    Mar 15, 2018
    It was a pretty putrid performance especially in the 1st half but I'm not overreacting. Griezmann, Fati, and FDJ are both new in the lineup and it will take time to adjust. It doesn't help that Messi and Suarez are just coming back too. Got no problem with Busquets being rested but Arthur should be playing instead of Roberto in midfield.

Our defensive woes are really no different than last year. To be fair the 1st goal wouldn't have happened if not for the unlucky deflection and Vidal gave them a PK. Fati is good with the dribble but he needs to make the high % play. Don't force yourself through a set defender (rarely works...). If he simply crossed a few balls across the 18 yard area from the positions he found himself in, Messi/Suarez would have connected with a few balls and we would have scored. Messi had one chance like that that the goalie saved and I think it was our only shot on target. Fati needs to be smarter. Messi will get fitter.

inswinger repped this.
  14. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    What does it matter when players are fit if we are going to use Griezmann as LW or RW ? Another Coutinho situation in the making. Only way this works with Messi/Suarez/Griezmann on the field is maybe a 4-3-1-2 with Messi in the hole with Suarez and Griezmann up front.

The board had no plan when they signed Griezmann as to how he'd fit the team.

15. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    do the same as me if you don't want to end up with high blood pressure or even a heart attack ,
    check the lineup 30 minutes before the games starts :
    1- If Craperto in it , don't watch
    2- if he isn't then watch it until he comes in as a sub then leave it

of course you still have to suffer from Validiots boring tactics but at least we won't play the game 10 vs 12

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  16. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

It has absolutely nothing to do with the players, it's the coach from start to finish. But suits them right for supporting a coach with no vision. If he's not sacked immediately you'll have a horrid Barça fighting for Europa League.

17. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    As regards Valverde.... whenever the camera focuses on him he always looks bewildered/confused

18. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Valverde deserve to be shot multiple times. Kinda like how in the Godfather, Tattaglia’s men brutally massacred Sonny Corleone.

19. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It’s also that rat faced Barto’s fault. He should’ve booted him before this season.

20. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Definitely but it's easier to get rid of Valverde than Bartomeu. Imagine how this president robbed Barca of even higher heights. Stupid choices, moronic transfers and waste of money, enormous amounts of money. He had basically ruined 3-4 seasons and Messi legacy is being slowly dragged through mediocrity.

skalomax repped this.
  21. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Anyways Ratmo’s presidency is finished after this season. We’re gonna elect a capable person who respect our Cruyffian way of football. Greizmann is utter disappointment

22. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Just imagine if Cronaldo is able to sneak another world player and get ahead of Messi ..

23. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    griezmann is a new comer and still doesnt have a proper position
    i dont think valvede will go before season end. bartomeu wants him,players are in safe zone under him