Gore Vidal

Discussion in 'Books' started by IntheNet, Oct 30, 2009.

1. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gore Vidal, author of such books as “Myra Breckinridge,” American screenwriter, novelist, and playwright, has evidently come off his meds in recent weeks. I always knew this Vidal guy (pen name: Edgar Box) was a loon after William F. Buckley illuminated some of Vidal's extensive conspiracy theories and outright untruths in the seventies but in recent days Gore Vidal has gone on a crazed tear; last week Vidal confessed he wanted to terminate the last president and now today alleging that Polanski's victim is a whore:

Last week:

Gore Vidal tells Joy Behar's viewers he wanted to murder George Bush
    Talk Entertainment
    http://www.talkentertainment.com/c-...-viewers-he-wanted-to-murder-George-Bush.aspx
    "But I couldn't jump into the screen fast enough to kill him (George Bush) off. That's one murder that I missed not committing." Host Joy Behar didn't oppose his death wish. Joy Behar responded first by chuckling and then say, "Well, it's too late anyway."

This week:

Gore Vidal: Thirteen-year-old Roman Polanski rape victim was a 'hooker'
    October 30, 2009
    http://entertainment.blogs.foxnews....-old-roman-polanski-rape-victim-was-a-hooker/
    "Author Gore Vidal says he refuses to feel any sympathy for Roman Polanski’s rape victim, whom he dubs a “hooker.” In an interview with The Atlantic, the controversial 83-year-old author says of the director’s sex scandal, “I really don’t give a [expletive]. Look am I going to sit and weep every time a young hooker feels as though she’s being taken advantage of?”

The sad thing is that Gore Vidal is still treated with legitimacy (though fleeting) in the writing trade despite expressing such outright lunacy; Vidal's almost reached a Bill Mahre-type comic stage by espousing such off-the-wall leftist tirades and any claim Gore Vidal had to relevance and authority in the writing community is now lost...