GOP Failure Watch Part III

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by argentine soccer fan, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    I don't disagree. But at least the U.S. isn't involved there with a military presence.

2. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Oh, I'll take the sheltered whiteboy off iggy then.

3. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    That liberal? He would have caved to the Reeps and the Russians, too. Haha. I remember when the Dems courted him for 2004.

4. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    The ACA was a Republican's idea. His name is Gingrich. It was enacted in MA by Gov. Romney.
    A *real* liberal President in teh vein of FDR would have strong-armed the Reeps and TeaBaggers and we'd at least have a Public Option. But we have a guy who is either center-right (a "liberal" Republican -i.e. anyone to the left of the Tea Party) or an outright PUSSY. I argue that he is center-right. The Dem Party hacks just argue that their big hero, their champion is a PUSSY.

Q*bert Jones III repped this.
  5. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Oh, now you wanna talk about 2000? Ok, i'll bite. Bush - disenfranchised black voters, stole an election. Shoulda gone to prison.
    Gore - knew about it, didn't give a shit. Told blacks to step off and get to the back of the bus so whitey could run a smooth show.
    fyp

6. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The US is providing weapons and training for the Free Syrian Army. So while we don't have regular forces in Syria, I'm sure we have special forces in Syria.. Perhaps even participating in the fighting in an "advisory" role.

7. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come on...Syrian government planes have been getting shot down left and right...there's no way a ragtag militia is doing this without the help of the CIA.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-purportedly-shooting-down-military-aircraft/

8. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol. I'm not going to touch anything the Blaze puts out, but there have been a number of reputable news organizations, both inside the US and out, that have reported on the US providing weapons and training to FSA. That being said, the US is 't remotely close to the only government doing that. Syria has become a proxy for the Sunni/Shiite power struggle in the Middle East and France and the UK have been quite open about their support for then rebels.

9. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The article was irrelevant...it was the first thing that had the video.

11. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ahhhh. I'm not sure that video is evidence of US involvement. FSA has captured a few AAA and it sounds like that plane was shot down by AAA? I'd imagine the US is more into supplying shoulder fired missiles...

12. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's possible, although I know very little about the difference between the two types of missiles...which one would enrage Mastershake more?

13. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    As you all know, I abhor violence. I think it's counterproductive and only inflames a situation that often needs to be calmed down and the heat taken out.

However... in some instances... you kinda wish this sort of stuff would happen don't you...

:D

Buzz Aldrin there, proving he's still the 'right stuff' :)

Entirely OT but that reminds me of this clip of Desmond Leslie, (the husband of the the actress Agnes Bernelle), providing the theatre critic, Bernard Levin, with some 'feedback' for a review Levin had written criticising her performance in 'Savagery and Delight' with which, it seems, Leslie disagreed...

The joy of live television :)

bigredfutbol repped this.
  14. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Far too English & literate for our cheesy tastes.

I'll give you the 'Murican version. Watch that libertarian asswipe John Stossel literally get smacked around like a little bitch by Dr. D David Schultz in the 80s

15. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So, because a guy whose a foot taller and 80lb heavier can slap a much smaller man and knock him down, that proves wrestling isn't fake? Er... yeah! Not sure his logic is cast-iron there, tbh. :D

Still, if he's a libertarian dimwit I suppose there's a certain poetic justice to it in that he's suffering the effects of the 'law of the jungle'. Just think how much 'leaner and fitter' he is now :)

16. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    IIRC he did win a lawsuit because D. David's bitchslap left him deaf in one ear. If he hadn't wised off he probably wouldn't have been wacked.

17. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well that's just like libertarianism - great as a philosophical abstract thought experiment but completely crap and self-defeating in real life.

18. shinpath

shinpath Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Shanghai, PR China
    Club:
    --other--
    A man has his First Amendment rights to free speech, But here it is, a guy who must have gone to Columbus to see USA-Mexico rocking a Land of the Free USMNT scarf at the weekend demonstration of Tea Party people at the WWII monument in D.C., there he is in front of the WH standing in the relocated barricades. I oppose him politically but we support the same team.

19. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    "Re-open the monuments that our idiotic reps shutdown! YEAHH!!"

20. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    http://1mvetmarch.wordpress.com/

The political agenda put forth by a local organizer in Washington DC was not in alignment with our message. We feel disheartened that some would seek to hijack the narrative for political gain. The core principle is about all Americans honoring Veterans in a peaceful and apolitical manner. Feel free to check out the 60+ rallies of the Million Vet March across the nation at our Facebook page athttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Million-Vet-March-on-the-Memorials/539097822833735.

LocoGueroFutobolista repped this.
  21. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Is there any specific reason for your use of the bolded words?

22. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    FINALLY!!! As a vet myself (US Army, 11B), I tend to not even want to get involved anymore due to the hijacking of our organizations and movements by the far white-wing of the Republican Party.

23. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  24. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Looks like the GOP is trying to replicate the Greek experience of history but shortening it considerably. They're going straight from the Greek control of many parts of the ancient world to Greece and it's current sovereign debt crisis, without the 3000 years of decline the Greeks have had to get used to the idea of being a basket-case.

I mean us Brits were on top for a few hundred years before we hit the buffers and then you fellas took over.

Looks like you're going straight from first world to third world in one step. Cut out the middle bit... more efficient I suppose :)

As the saying has it... only in America, eh?!

25. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    My feeling is that the GOP is aiming more for Banana Republic than crashed empire and somehow they think that's good. But if 'muricans don't like it they can always blame the brown people from south of the border.