goodbye TH we will miss you...

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by msilverstein47, Dec 1, 2014.

1. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am taking this opportunity to announce that unfortunately Saturday was my last game for the New York Red Bulls. The decision has always been that I would leave after the duration of my contract and although that was never going to change, I didn't want it to distract from the progress of the team.

I have immensely enjoyed my four and half years here and would like to thank everyone involved with this club who has made my time here so enjoyable.

Thanks must go particularly to Erik Soler, Hans Backe, Gerard Houllier, Andy Roxburgh, Mike Petke, all my team mates, the technical staff, medical staff, all the personnel who work for the Red Bull organization, the MLS and of course the owner Mr Mateschitz whose vision and passion brought me to this wonderful city.

A special mention must go to the Red Bull fans who have supported this team through the good, the bad and the ugly times in the sun, rain and snow. You guys have really meant a lot to me and thank you for all your wonderful support.

I will now take the next few weeks to reflect and decide on the next chapter of my career.

Thank you all

Thierry Henry

Woodrow repped this.
  2. miggly

miggly Member

Jan 25, 2000
    NYC
    Le Sigh.

3. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was an honor and a pleasure to watch him play for NY and to see him play live in person so many times.

I'm not sure I'll ever get to see a player of his caliber wear the shirt ever again.

Thanks for the memories Titi!

Woodrow and msilverstein47 repped this.
  4. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Best Red Bull Ever.

5. RedBullFootball

Apr 7, 2008
    I loved Juan Pablo, but Thierry is, hands down, my favorite Red Bull player ever.

What will we do without the guy.... Hard to even think about.

6. SaintNdaCity

SaintNdaCity Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The older he got, the better his assists got. Just a joy to watch. Scored some amazing goals too
    Never will forget this gem:

7. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States