Good Start to the Season!

Discussion in 'Sons of Ben' started by Ruud11, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Ruud11

Ruud11 Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Very enjoyable email today!!
    Not so sure about the new tailgate location but sincere words by Corey; much appreciated!
    If you did not get the email then you are either not a SOB member, have not paid your dues, or are somehow not on the SOB distribution list.

2. Slaskwroclaw18

Jun 26, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I loved Corey's message on the email. Got me even more pumped for the season. I like the idea of having committees for tifos and capos. Will help us make bigger ideas a reality. As for the new tailgate location I think it's a good idea but I do see the drawbacks. It's right behind the RE so it will be easier to organize March Ins (because they will be much shorter!) and it will be much better to get the group pumped for the games. It's also a more scenic location but the main issue is space. Also many SOBs who are accustomed to tailgating out of their vehicles will be left out but I think it's a better change.

3. SmashtheVan

SmashtheVan Member+

Jan 13, 2009
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would be interested in volunteer capo-ing again, since I kinda got the ball rolling on that by taking lead of 140 in like, the 2nd home game ever, but quickly got burnt out by the lack of support from the section, and from the elders. Year two brought around the organization of "official" section leaders, but after about a month and a half, no progress was really being made I felt. I'm pretty cynical of any real change, but hope it comes around. I've since moved my seats to 136, so I doubt I'd really be needed in the role anyway. I still love getting involved with leading chants during away games though. Nothing more fun than DC/NY away helping run the show.

4. etsjay

etsjay Member

Oct 31, 2011
    PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    136 always needs help, Smash. The more help to bridge the gaps from the corners to center, the better. But I like the new committees. Hope to be involved in both. I know I'll be in 135 watching Travis for cues and losing my voice regardless.

5. EmeraldDawn

EmeraldDawn Member+

May 11, 2008
    Brick, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Totally agree, I'm really pumped for all of this. I'm excited to be tailgating so close to PPL park, and not have to walk from Lot C once I realize I've been drinking too long and the game already started.

6. G-Ho Blue

G-Ho Blue Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Count me is as super excited for the new tailgate spot. Are the teams going to have to walk through/around us?