Good news about Polish soccer.

Discussion in 'Poland' started by Karl Lagodzki, Aug 30, 2003.

1. Karl Lagodzki

Karl Lagodzki Member

Jan 26, 2000
    Bloomington, IN
    I just want some good news. Any good news. I'm getting depressed here just thinking about how much we suck this year.
    Kur*a mac...az wstyd

2. Pebotodi

Pebotodi New Member

Jul 21, 2003
    Well, despite changing the coach, Groclin is looking even better than last year...

3. JonJon

JonJon New Member

Aug 18, 2003
    Chicago
    groclin is a good team, but they seem to be in a little slump in the past two games, they lost one game, and tied today against a rather bad polonia team....

and wisla, things arent looking too good, loosing to anderlecht ( not makin CL), then a rumour that zurawski will go to schalke, and then loosing to amica 2:0...... whats up with that?? hopefully theyll turn things around ASAP

4. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    well there's some good news in the U-21

Poland beat Latvia 2-0, and is top of the group

not much but its all we have

5. Karl Lagodzki

Karl Lagodzki Member

Jan 26, 2000
    Bloomington, IN
    R

Wisla wins at home and Groclin ties in Germany in the first leg of the UEFA Cup (first round). Not bad.

Keep the good news coming! :)

6. Ted Cikowski

Ted Cikowski Red Card

May 31, 2000
    Karl, I guarantee that i have it worse than you. My uncle used to send us videotapes of Polonia Warsaw(a) matches because that was my Dad's team in the 1970's so I have taken a liking to them. They peaked around 99/00 when they had Emanuelle Olisadebe. Take a look where they are now. The dead bottom of the league. Worse is, since the great match in 2000 when Polonia beat Legia on the last day of the season Legia has pretty much owned Polonia. Legia and Wisla Krakow(a) are kind of like the Yankees or Manchester United: rich (relatively) and to be hated by anyone with morals and guess what - Legia are in second place. So my MLS team folded, my polish team is the worst team in the world, Poland is sucking and the Yankees won today. Oh and Sebastian Janikowski (yanikovsky) is a complete embarrasment to Polish people the world over.

Yeah as far as sport goes, it's pretty much a bad time for Polish-Americans.

tak, bardzo.

milego weekendu!

7. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    I thought Poland could stilll win it's UEFA Cup group.

8. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000