Gone before they got here, 2018 edition.

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by Sandon Mibut, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Surprised we didn't have one of these already for 2018.

Anyway, would-be Louisville recruit Wilson Harris, a US YNT player who signed his LOI with the Cards this winter, has reneged and instead signed a pro deal with USL's Swope Park Rangers, the second team of Sporting Kansas City.

https://www.sportingkc.com/post/201...kc-academy-product-wilson-harris-usl-contract

He's the only player who signed an LOI who has since gone pro that I know of off the top of my head. There are probably more, I just can't remember right now.

However, there have definitely been some verbal commits who have chosen to go pro instead, most notably US U20 CB Chris Richards, who had committed to North Carolina but signed a homegrown deal with FC Dallas.

Please feel free to add others from this year's HS class who have gone pro after having previously committed to play college soccer.

2. SydneyFan11

SydneyFan11 Member

Apr 13, 2012
    Jaylin Lindsey had committed to North Carolina before signing with SKC. Not exactly breaking news, of course.

Christian Cappis (FC Dallas Academy) had committed to SMU but has signed with an agent.

Ben Mines signed with the Red Bulls and had been committed to Stanford.

Sandon Mibut repped this.
  3. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    I didn't realize Cappis signed with an agent. Has that been announced publicly?

4. espola

espola Member+

Feb 12, 2006
    What is a "USL contract" worth these days?

5. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Thanks to xpowerout for pointing this out, but Maryland signee Alessandro Milesi, a 99 from Miami who had gotten YNT call-ups with both the US and Peru, has signed a pro deal with Brescia in Italy. So, ciao, Ale!

6. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Sebastian Soto, a Cal signee who would have been a legit frontrunner for national freshman of the year, has instead signed a deal with Hanover 96 in Germany.