Goldmember [R]

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Foosinho, Jul 27, 2002.

1. Unorthodox Yank

Feb 27, 2001
    Constant Flux
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    man... that movie was ************ing hilarious.

I thik it did exactly what it was supposed to do: make peole laugh. It would be unreasonable to jusdge it from a "real movie" perspective, becasue you KNOW thats not how it was made. The first one wasnt made that way, the second one wasnt made that way, adnthis one isnt made that way.

i think you could tell that they came up with a whole list of clever phrases and stuff that would be really funny, and just sortof wrote them into the script, no matter how out of wak they are with what is going on at the moment.

like : "Dr. Evil, i used to think you were crazy, but now i can see your nuts!"

I thought it was great the Dr. Evil finally got SHARKS WITH FRIKIN LAZER BEAMS ON THEIR HEADS!!!!!!!!
    that was one of my favorite parts in the first movie, when he was demanding that.

2. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    "I'm from Holland. Isn't that weird?"

The best line from the movie. My friends are I were rolling in the aisle after that one. Not sure why.

Goldmember was certainly better than Spy Who Shagged Me, competes with the first one. I thought the product placements were funny since they were so intentionally unnatural and transparent.

And there's a good reason for the Mini being there. The Austin Powers character is based on Michael Caine's role in Harry Palmer films (which is why Mike Meyers asked Caine to be on this one) and the Mini was featured prominently in The Italian Job, starring Michael Caine.

3. jmh30

jmh30 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My pick for best line that can easily be applied in everyday situations: "Even stink would say that stinks!"

4. Cougar Jim

Cougar Jim New Member

Mar 15, 2001
    Chicago
    The good:
    1. The first 5 minutes ("Hey a******, I'm Mini-Me!") - quite possibly the funniest part of any of the 3 AP movies.
    2. Scott finally taking after Dad.
    3. Britney and Mini-Me over the closing credits.

The bad:
    1. Frau, Basil and No. 2 - nothing to do.
    2. Fat Bastard-nothing new from TSWSM
    3. Foxxy - Beyonce Knowles looked great and maybe she can act, but her character wasn't half as interesting as Vanessa or Felicity.
    4. Goldmember-more strange than funny half the time. Not a strong enough character to name the movie after.

Certainly not a bad movie, but there definitely has to be some original ideas if they do an AP4. And if Scott becomes the evil focus in the next one, what do they do with Dr. Evil?

Oh yeah, and bring back the hairless Mr. Bigglesworth!

5. adam

adam Member

Mar 6, 1999
    Minneapolis
    Same here. I thought Goldmember was a great character. I didn't really think he was all that funny until the second time I saw it....

Care for a pancake and a schmoke?

6. Metro

Metro New Member

Feb 9, 2001
    Dallas
    My girlfriend is Dutch. Once I realized what he said, I couldn't stop laughing.

7. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    i wish it had been Tom Cruise and Kevin Spacy until the end

8. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    [​IMG]