GOLD CUP Travel/Tickets: Final in Los Angeles 6/25/2011

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Palermo10, Mar 9, 2011.

1. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

Re: Gold Cup Final

I'd be shocked if AO and Sam's Army didn't organize a supporters section.

2. dukedevil0

dukedevil0 Member

Jan 15, 2008

just an FYI - looks like there is only ONE ticket left in the STAND/23A section

3. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

And I just bought it. The section is now sold out. It does not appear there are any scattered singles. I need one extra in the USA supporters section.

4. LiverAndPineapple

May 7, 2008

You don't HAVE to sit in the "supporter's section". It's a big stadium and there will be plenty of seats available. Personally I'm waiting until the USA makes it to the final.

5. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Wow, ******** Me. Myself and a couple of other AO Tucson members were planning on doing a single purchase of supporter tickets during the Champs League Final. Since none of us want to be stabbed, I guess it will just be 2 Tucson members that purchased there tickets before going to the Rose Bowl.

6. RedRevs

RedRevs Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Cambridge
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I plan on buying tickets and getting in the supporters section one way or the other.

Should be fun anyway.

7. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well according to StubHub, there overpriced. Then I tried to get tickets in the sections next to the supporters section, and they are "unavailable". Fun.

8. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

I think Mexico gets to the final, but if they don't (big if) there will be plenty of tickets remaining.

9. wallydaniel

wallydaniel New Member

Apr 21, 2011
    Monterey, CA
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

All right, I was stupid and waited too long. Does anyone out there have an extra ticket in the STAND supporters section? I doubt I will be in the country for the next few Gold Cups so this is my best chance to see a potential US-Mexico final in a long time.
    I'm a USMNT supporter and AO member willing to pay a fair price.

10. jmaestro

jmaestro Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Bakersfield
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The Supporters section tickets are indeed showing as sold out. Anyone know if that is actually the case or if it's a technical difficulty? Would prefer to be there, but will get tickets somewhere else if there's no choice. Anyone know?

11. ToysForBots

ToysForBots New Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

I went to Ticketmaster and typed in "STAND" for the special offer code, and ended up with a seat in row 19, so maybe someone gave it up, or it's just a glitch or whatever.

12. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Weird.

13. wallydaniel

wallydaniel New Member

Apr 21, 2011
    Monterey, CA
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Wow, it just worked for me too. I suspect they may have broadened the supporters section or opened up another one. The first batch were in section 23A, and the one I just bought is in row 20 of section 23L, which is a little mysterious because I couldn't find it listed anywhere on the Rose Bowl seating chart. Hopefully it's next to or near 23A, but it seems like that's where the STAND code is directing people now. Come on and join me!

14. gveli001

gveli001 Member

LA Galaxy
    Jul 9, 2009
    Fullerton
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

23L is the Lower part of section 23. So its right above 23A

15. RedRevs

RedRevs Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Cambridge
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well that's some crap.

I spent a boatload of money on nice seats for this match. I figured if I wasn't going to be in the supporter's section then I'd get good seats.

This apparently was all between when the 23A "STAND" tickets were sold out and then they decided to open up 23L for "STAND" tickets.

Thanks for the announcement USSF and Ticketmaster!

Why do these type of things need to be shrouded in complete mystery?

16. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well if it is USA Vs Mexico it will probably be just like the Final in Giants Stadium in 2009. A vast sea of green with a little island of red. You can probably still get in the supporters section. It's run by CONCACAF not USSF.

17. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thats why its our job as US fans to snatch up as many tickets as we can and bring friends. My group bought 20. Now if we can get 1,000 other people to do that... we have a chance! :)

18. RedRevs

RedRevs Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Cambridge
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thank You Garrett. I know the tournament is run by CONCACAF but I would imagine that USSF is up to speed on what is going on and would let people know when they release more supporter's seats.

19. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ye have too much faith in Jack Warner.

20. jmaestro

jmaestro Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Bakersfield
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thanks for the tip, I tried again and was able to get tickets. It's going to be crazy up in there if it turns out to be USA v. Mexico.

21. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California

No guarantees on any of this as I'm not a Rose Bowl expert, but from what I've figured out and surmised from looking at the seating chart and my own ticket monitoring and purchase, "23A" is a lower section of section 23. The seating chart shows sections 23 and 28 as the only sections in the stadium that have a lower "A" section set aside from the rest of the section. Perhaps someone knows the answer, but considering that it is used as a college football stadium and the two sections are on opposing corners at one end, these may historically be set aside as "student" or "band" sections for the two teams.

Once you get into the main section that is above the "A" section, it will be separated into 23L and 23H, as is the case with all sections at the Rose Bowl. The "L" and "H" do refer to lower and higher, but those characterizations refer to seat numbers, not rows, i.e., L is seat numbers less than 100 (which will be on the left of the aisle when facing the field) and H is seat numbers higher than 100 (to the right of the aisle when facing the field). So, the two sections are side by side, not closer or further away from the field, and both will be immediately above different sides of section 23A. The lower your row number in 23L and 23H, the closer you will be to 23A. I don't know for sure, but would guess for consistency around the stadium that the row numbers do not restart once you get above 23A.

In terms of sales from this point, if the computer follows the pattern for other sections when spitting out seats, they will sell seats in the "L" section until they get up to some row (say 10 or 20 rows for example), and then will go to the "H" section and start selling seats in that section up to that same row before shifting back to the "L" section. So, as an example, you might today be able to purchase seats in row 25 in the "L" section, in a week it may be up to row 30, but in another week after that you may be able to purchase seats that are much closer to the field in the immediately adjacent "23H" section. It's not exactly best available, but rather best available in whatever sections are currently open. Also, there are some lettered rows at the very bottom, so row 10 is not actually the 10th row if that only makes it more confusing. Of course, it is a mystery as to when they will shift sales from one section to another, but the good news would be that if they are opening up all of 23L and 23H to expand on 23A if the demand warrants it, there are a lot of seats still remaining in the "STAND" section.

22. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Should have posted this earlier, but I purchased 5 GC Final Tickets 6 days ago. One for myself, and the other 4 for 4 AO Tucson members. Also booked the roundtrip train ticket. Only thing left is for @AO_LosAngeles and AO to announce where we should stay at for are Friday night hotel, and where the Saturday night hotel should be. Other than that, the trip is booked.

23. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States