Gold Cup tickets?

Discussion in 'Gold Cup' started by spottedeagle, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: 'Best available' tickets on Ticketmaster are too close? ('worse' seats actuallyRe: Gold Cup tick

I'm not sure what to recommend. I'd be surprised if the upper deck did not open and the sideline views there are quite nice.

Just to give you some perspective -- in the 2009 Gold Cup, we had a group-round Wednesday night doubleheader with US/Honduras and Grenada/Haiti at RFK and drew 26,000+. Should do better on a Sunday with a QF, although how much better may depend on who else is there (El Salvador, for instance, would probably increase the crowd quite a bit).

2. Quick25

Quick25 Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, good point, I never tried using their insurance but after further review it seems to be a bit of a hassle.

3. Quick25

Quick25 Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: 'Best available' tickets on Ticketmaster are too close? ('worse' seats actuallyRe: Gold Cup tick

Based on my experiences attending games at RFK as long as you are at least in the 200 level (second tier in the lower bowl) you'll be OK and can see the field well enough.

Does anyone have experience seeing soccer in Tampa? I'm going to the matches there and am in one of the sections behind the goal relatively low (row 7 I think), hopefully those will end up being decent seats.

4. simont

simont Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any one no how tix sells are going any numbers.

5. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway

I would think that if you want tickets further away than the "best available" that you could just call ticketmaster and ask for them specifically.