Gold Cup Final Ticket Information

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Empire Supporters Club, Jul 13, 2009.

1. powatwain

powatwain New Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Middletown, Nj
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been trying to find 2 for the last couple hours with no luck

2. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Game is officially a sell out.

3. alslammerz

alslammerz Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Staten Island, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Try Stubhub and those though- that's how a couple of my buddies and I got tickets today. And downstairs, although the prices are brutal compared to ordering them a week ago (as is to be expected). They still had like 800 or so left all around the stadium last time I looked. If you don't get them, El Tri fans will!

In other news, I am bouncing off the walls in excitement for this game.

4. kasdc

kasdc New Member

Apr 3, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol, you and me both! Can't get to Azteca because I started a new job so this will be a nice substitute!

P.S. Anyone need a lift on the I-95 corridor from DC - NJ, I have space! We need all the US fans we can get!

5. HighburyForever

HighburyForever Red Card

Oct 15, 2006
    Wooloomooloo, New South Wales
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    There's not that many Mexicans in the Northeast U.S. as there are in the Southwest or Chicago. Plus the US National Team always gets great support when we play in New York. I think it will be closer to 50/50.

6. critch4000

critch4000 New Member

Jul 25, 2009
    I know this is hopeless but does anyone have any extra tickets for section 101 or a section around there. I ordered tickets through the redbulls site yesterday but something got screwed up. It said it went through but I never got the confirmation email and now ticketmaster and Giants Stadium have no record of my purchase. I didn't realize until it was too late and now I can't see the U.S. take down Mexico. I'll drive to pretty much anywhere to pick up the tickets and even overpay a little. My email is critch4000@yahoo.com.

7. phishnchipz

phishnchipz Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Hi, my friend just came down with a fever, so I have an extra ticket for sale @ $70. PM me or text me at 973-462-0522.

Section 133, Row 30, Seat 17

8. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    While there are surely more Mexicans in Houston/LA/etc, NYC has seen a large influx of Mexicans since the late 90s. There may be a lot of Hondo/CR fans who bought tickets early and still just show up, but, there are more than enough Mexicans to fill GS. A friendly there vs. Peru a few years back drew well, and with this being a final, vs the US no less, it'll be nuts.

It may be closer to 60/40, but I think it's going to feel a lot more like 80/20. Remember, as with the Hondo game in Chicago, many of the people who can't go back home to watch a game will make it to this one. They can't get into Columbus because we hold down the ticket capacity by putting it there, but in GS, it's a free for all.

9. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    It's purely anecdotal, but I have a number of friends from various countries, El Salvador, Colombia, etc. that are planning on going to the game - I think a number of them are rooting for the US.

10. cthomer5000

cthomer5000 Member+

Apr 23, 2007
    Raleigh NC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    just damn. gonna be bedlam tomorrow. i love it! so glad i got my tickets early!

11. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My girlfriend got called into work. She is going to try and get out of it, but if she can't, I will have 1 extra (possibly 2) in the support section. PM me with your phone number, and I will call you by noon tomorrow if she is not able to go.

12. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Well, if anyone wonders why we don't play Mexico in New York...there's your answer. 79K people, maybe 5k Yanks & others rooting for the US. You had 101, parts of 102, and maybe some people watching on television. Sheesh.

Not many Mexicans in NY? Settled that one; they drove in from N. Carolina and beyond, not to mention those that came from local to NY/NJ.

I hope Jack Warner enjoyed the big pile of money he made today.