Gold Cup 2017: Mexico vs Jamaica (July 13th)

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Regulus Tera, Jul 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Centauro del Norte

FC Juárez
    Sep 15, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    What are you talking about?. This squad has some of the Chivas and Pachuca players that were key to win the Championship, and promising players like Edson Álvarez, César Montes, Gallardo, etc...

The one in 2013 was THE worst ever in any Gold Cup... You can't compare. Lol

Let me enlighten you here...

Huiqui
    Leobardo López
    Chema Cardénas
    Velarde
    Ponce
    Chatón
    Darvin Chávez
    Rafa Márquez Lugo
    Topo Valenzuela

'Nuff said... Lol.

JJV1994, AMLO2018, Phenom and 3 others repped this.
  2. Centauro del Norte

FC Juárez
    Sep 15, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Moreover, the fans base "claims" to stop with the goddamn rotations and improvisations, and yet there's no change. LMFAO.

3. Centauro del Norte

FC Juárez
    Sep 15, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yo @El_Huero @OG Junglist... Did you guys stay to watch it until the end?. I didn't... That shit was unwatchable... Truly atrocious...

Majin repped this.
  4. PARS

PARS Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I will not defend our guys, because we certainly have to find a key to unlock these shameless CONCACRAP opponents.

But, we had zero, none, offsides. It was not because they were not attacking, that's just another data point to show all of Jamaica was backed up, it is hard to be called offsides when 10 guys are in front of you most of the time.

/p

LGRod repped this.
  5. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Originally, I didn't have you in mind with that comment but the more I think about it, it does sort of fit.

The game was shit, the players are shit, the coach is shit.....yet here we are, complaining about breaking bunkers lol.

I met a lot of fans like you in San Diego, they at least had a bit more substance to their criticism than simply screaming about bunker busting.

6. PARS

PARS Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Aside from anything else, this team is clearly at a different level, you could see it in their passing. The guy getting the ball would sprint a bit, shift positions/orientation, stretch a leg too much or flat out miss the pass before it left the field.I think they can do better than that, not yesterday tho.

Osorio does not run a youth soccer academy, he is an NT coach, not sure I can put much of that on him.

Sad thing is, con esto nos alcanza para que en Liga MX haya aficion, y posiblemente para llegar a semis en la copa oro, si no es que mas.

/p

7. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not gonna say Campbell's washed up...but he hasn't exactly been the difference-maker for Costa Rica either. Hell, he's not even a regular starter in WCQ under "Machillo".

Having said that: Costa Rica have a long history of struggling with Canada in this tournament. My point is that with this being the weakest field I've ever seen in a Gold Cup (and since Mexico rightly left their best players off the prelim list, they're not gonna get any better in the knockout round), Costa Rica have never had a better shot at the trophy.

8. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't look now, but...Dueñas just gave you all the middle finger. :ROFLMAO:

9. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No hay memoria!!

You forgot to add that

Marco Fabian, Raul Jimenez, Miguel Layun, Gulit Pena, Talavera, Ponce and Brizuela made the World Cup team a year later. Like I said in my earlier post, how many of these guys we have today make the team next year?

I think Edson Alvarez and Cesar Montes just like I thought Chaton and Luis Montes have big futures. There is potential, but they haven't done sh*t yet. Hell, Chaton had a Gold Medal and was picked 3rd best player at a U20 world cup before he played at the Gold Cup in 2013.

Goalkeepers: Moi 13 > Moi 17, Talavera 13 = Corona 17, Orozco 13 > Fraga 17

Strikers: Marquez Lugo and Chuleta > Sepulveda, Cubo, Barragan. Y eso que vale Madre, Marquez Lugo y Chuleta, pero tenian mucho mas recorrido y experencia que la delantera ahora.

Fullbacks: Israel Jimenez and Darvin Chavez were the starters on the Olympic team. Plus you had Layun, Ponce and Velarde. I f'kn hated Darvin Chavez but there is no comparison. We don't even play with natural fullbacks here (except Reyes). You think Chaka Rodriguez or Luis Reyes have more experience and have handled themselves better than the 2013 fullbacks against top quality competition?

Centerbacks: both teams had/have crap. Montes has potential. Its a wash

Attacking Midfielders: Marco Fabian, Pena, Luis Montes, Brizuela, Cortes as a group are > Orbelin, Elias H., Gallardo, Pizarro, etc. That is not to say that Pizarro isn't better than say Cortes or Brizuela, but as an overall unit I'll take 2013.

Defensive Midfielders: 2017 > 2013

Other than contenciones, the 2013 was better.

The 2002 team is the worst, I still have faith we got some decent young players on this team.

DGreat repped this.
  10. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #260 Miguel Myers, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    They literally just started their careers. Alvarez even more so.

Kind of hard to slap "they haven't done shit" on them 1-2 legit seasons in.

JJV1994 and Colima24 repped this.
  11. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    lol that was just part of it. I've criticized his player selection, substitutions, lack of team cohesion, playing players out of position, etc. in the past.

This team is not great, but it's a lot more talented than they've shown.

Also, you want substance? Give me a call or meet up with me in Portland. I hate writing long posts. I'll teach you a thing or two about the game.

sowrong and Centauro del Norte repped this.
  12. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Its not hard

1-2 season in is the easiest time to slap the "they haven't done sh*t" tag on them.

Because they haven't done sh*t. :p

Colima24 repped this.
  13. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Alvarez is the next in line of Wila players who are actually legit and I'll hype them. Others: Jimenez, Reyes.

All others are products of the Wila hype machine.

14. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Can it be that him not being difference maker with Costa Rica goes along with Costa Rica not being as good either? Because the guy was key when CR was at their top. Didn't he scored twice on the US in the 4-0 win in San Jose?

15. Centauro del Norte

FC Juárez
    Sep 15, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Celso Borges is the real game changer IMO... They're not gonna win the Gold Cup without him... He's the metronome of Costa Rica... He controls the tempo and creation of the Ticos...

I don't see them winning it...

16. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Who do you see, though? Everyone's playing like crap.

17. Centauro del Norte

FC Juárez
    Sep 15, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    That's a good question... I hope Canada do. I still think México and the nads might advance as far as possibly the final...

El_Huero repped this.
  18. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Position doesn't matter for this coach. I'm saying as all around mids.

LGRod, Philip J. Fry and Colima24 repped this.
  19. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

West Ham United
    Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #269 AMLO2018, Jul 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    You are though by insinuating the same bunker ball excuse shit all the Apologists use agaisnt these teams

If Liga Mx is "one of the best leagues in the world" like many Spazzos claim then why didnt they score?
    If Mexico's reserves are still the superior players then why didnt they win against a squad that parked the bus?

Euro 2008 Spain, a group of midgets managed to do so why not us against a very different level of opposition??

20. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Lainez will be the next one after Edson.

JJV1994 and DankYummy repped this.
  21. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    Unsubs...

22. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

West Ham United
    Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Edson Alvarez & Cesar Montes over Alanis and Rafa
    Elias or Pizzaro over Gio

DMs were also needed at Russia this year so Molina or Burrito next year

Btw 2013's Gold Cup team got schooled by Panama TWICE. They are way worse than this year's squad like @Centauro del Norte said

23. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    2013 we had Huiqui leading the backline

2017 we got Ayala leading the backline

:sick:

24. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

West Ham United
    Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    y el gran Chuleta Orozco :p

diez jugadores muy mierdas en el 2013

25. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    El Gran Chuleta Orozco vale madre y aun asi a los 25 ya habia hecho mas que el Gran Martin Barragan a los 26.

I already went through each line of the team and compared them, no one has rebutted it intelligently. Its easy to say that the 2013 team sucked because they lost to Panama twice. Hindsight is easy

You guys are overestimating the supposed talent this team has. I think Osorio has his work cut out for him. Unfortunately, for him our press overrates the players at the Gold Cup also, so if they fail he is going to get killed. Which sucks because he shouldn't be judged for this crap tournament.

Hecho en Chivas and DGreat repped this.