Gold Cup 2017: México vs Honduras; July 20, 2017

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Philip J. Fry, Jul 17, 2017.

1. El_Huero

El_Huero Member+

Dec 21, 2009
    EduarDitto "The Pelé of Anal"
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    These mediotiempo posters tho lmao

Neymadres, sowrong, JJV1994 and 2 others repped this.
  2. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    A couple take aways from my POV at the game
    • Pizarro is a big factor on this team. Constantly looking for the smart play
    • Elias, as I expected, can be neutralized. He's not Tecatito, and needs to get rid of the ball faster
    • Edson was my 2nd MOTM. He's not a true RB, but he comes in and did what he needed. He had some really well timed and critical slide tackles in this one
    • This team can win it, but they need to stay hungry. They last 15 mins looked really sloppy

3. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Pizarro had a very good game, probably his best game so for this tournament. He lined up as an interior at the beginning of the game (basically switching spots with Orbelin) and then began to roam closer to Sepulveda as a false 9 while Duenas pinched in closer to Molina to form a two man midfield.

Not sure what makes you think Elias was neutralized. Probably had the most touches in the attacking third and constantly won 1v1 battles. His decision making was not as sharp in this game and he should've put the game away with one of the chances he fluffed. Pretty much all the chances, and half chances, came from his side. Honduras won the midfield in the last 15/20 minutes and there was not much action going forward.

Edson is not a RB but he played a whole lot as a RB last season. Dedos Lopez and Chaka are also not RBs and people have been screaming that Chaka should be playing in that spot. Miguel Herrera had no quarrels highlighting the fact that Chaka is mostly a wide player, a winger. He's been playing RB for Tigres this season because that system allows him to mask his defensive weaknesses. Edson provides defensive stability and allows a dynamic change to a three man backline while in possession and also gives Gallardo room to push forward and exploit space in opposing half. It's the same thing we see with Salcedo and Layun with the A team.

I liked the game. Mexico was in control for most of the game and there were very few mistakes.

Philip J. Fry and DankYummy repped this.
  4. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Chaka is not NT material yet, only Dedos atm. Edson has turned out to be pretty versatile defensively, he has played well as a sideback and contencion in this tourney.

Neymadres and DankYummy repped this.
  5. Skadrist

Skadrist Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    El Norte
    I thought there was going to be a chance for the Mexican team to run rampant after the early goal. It didn't really happen as Honduras pretty much threw away the first half. Ayala surprised me I thought the Honduras forwards were going to give him trouble he handled them pretty well.

Given Honduras' history of Mexico close this was not a bad result. An unglamorous but effective game.

Miguel Myers repped this.
  6. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    There were quite a few series of plays where Elias tried a stop and go, stop and go and the defender simply jockied along, slowing Elias' movement. His reactions weren't as sharp, for sure.

Really disappointed he didn't fire a shot in the first half when the ball landed to him instead of playing around with another dribble.

7. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Yeah I'm with you.

The first time he did it, I was like Ok.

After the second and third times of trying to get too cute, I was peeved.

Shoot the damn ball for christ's sake.

Miguel Myers repped this.
  8. SkiptoMyLou

SkiptoMyLou Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    I literally fell asleep during the second half.

Did we win?

Neymadres repped this.
  9. Sleepy Spaceman

Sleepy Spaceman Member+

Nov 6, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    How much better would this team be if Pulido never got injured?

SGuerrilla and DankYummy repped this.
  10. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    LMAO!!

Hugo Sanchez, Neymadres, JJV1994 and 3 others repped this.
  11. El_Huero

El_Huero Member+

Dec 21, 2009
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    he comes from your cesspit aka mediotiempo. handle.

Baysic, Neymadres, JJV1994 and 1 other person repped this.
  12. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    I must have missed your explanation about how the criticism is undeserved. I hate media but this dude is psycho

sowrong repped this.
  13. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Quit frontin like I didn't pluck you outta the univision forums <_<....your boy is free from sin....bsmx only OG

Hugo Sanchez and El_Huero repped this.
  14. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    He's psycho because he celebrated a win against Honduras? That's total BS.

15. El_Huero

El_Huero Member+

Dec 21, 2009
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    same here, xochitl. BSMX master race since day one >_>.

16. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    No. He's psycho for several other reasons, in particular his aggressive confrontations that eventually got him suspended and also for basically juking himself tactically game after game.

sowrong repped this.
  17. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    At least we now know why you think celebrating a win against Honduras is so bad when Osorio does it. :rolleyes:

18. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Bro you completely misunderstood one post as being an explanation for another when it clearly wasn't meant to be that. No need to prolong that conversation further.

19. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    It's not about misunderstanding anything. Your excuses to say why he was psycho were just as bad. Although being violent is not anything to be proud of, he's not the 1st coach to have problems like that (Piojo, Aguirre, Lavolpe). Yet to say he's psycho because he's "juking himself game after game" is as BS as saying it's for celebrating (Hey I don't get what he's doing out there, he must be Psycho because I don't get it). I'm just saying the main reason it's a problem it's because it's Osorio celebrating and not another coach.

20. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    I don't know if you have me confused with someone else or if you're generalizing by how polarizing people are around here but no clue where you got that this is some vendetta against him just because it's him as opposed to someone else. Go find a post of mine that gave you that idea.

21. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Confused you? What are you talking about? You were the one who said he was pathetic for celebrating the win against Honduras, Dgreat called you out and you said Osorio was psycho. I said you're reasons were BS for saying so and even when you clarified it, the reason were as bad as it. I'm saying the reasons why you think Osorio is pathetic for celebrating is your bias in thinking his psycho because you don't get his coaching.

22. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    The pathetic comment was pretty self explanatory and you went on about it for like 3 posts. We can talk about why I don't like his coaching but stop mixing shit up. It's not like we're talking in person, da hueva tener que responder a cualquier babosada.

Hugo Sanchez repped this.
  23. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    LOL at mixing shit up when it's about post where you straight out responded and called him psycho IMMIEDIATELY after being called out about celebrating.

24. TheDude47

TheDude47 Member+

Jun 17, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Must be a case of alternative facts.... bunch of those going around lately

25. TGO

TGO Member+

Jul 4, 2011
    Osorio is insane.