Gold Cup 2015

Discussion in 'Charleston Battery' started by JBG - Bribe Taker, May 26, 2015.

1. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has anyone heard if Sebastien Thuriere will get a call up by Haiti for the Gold Cup in July? He started vs China back in March so I figure he's on their radar. Would hate to miss him but what an opportunity if he did get into the mix. Haiti plays the US on July 10 so that would be really cool if he could play in that one.

goindownsouth and Mikey mouse repped this.
  2. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mikey mouse repped this.
  3. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just ran across that Haiti played the Tampa Bay Rowdies in a friendly this morning at IMG Academy in Bradenton. They played four 30 minute periods....the Rowdies are gearing up for the fall NASL season. Haiti won 4-2 but nothing on the twitter feed listed the Haitian line-up/players other than 1 goal scorer. I would think playing 120 minutes everybody got some PT. Maybe Tampa Bay will post some kind of match report later.

http://www.rowdiessoccer.com/latest-news

Reading the IMG facebook page, apparently Boca Juniors are also there prepping for their season, that would be cool if the Haitians could play them too.

https://www.facebook.com/IMGAcademy

4. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's Haiti's schedule:

July 7 @ 7:00 pm vs. Panama
    July 10 @ 8:30 pm vs. USA
    July 13 @ 7:00 pm vs. Honduras

3 games in 7 days, looks like a USL schedule.

There are 3 groups - top 2 teams from each group + 2 best 3rd place teams advance to quarterfinals. So, out of 12 teams, 8 advance, that's generous.

Mikey mouse repped this.
  5. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haiti scores a late goal to snatch a point against shocked Panama. Sebastian was on the bench but didn't get any PT which is kinda surprising since he has been a starter lately. Maybe with the group games close together he's being saved for their big game against the US on Friday, hope so.

And my I go on record to officially say the CONCACAF website is absolute dogshit. No match report, just the lineup and some meager stats. I guess CONCACAF gives away all their FIFA money in bribes instead of investing in some standard media reporting, (and it pains me to say that as a person who supports the giving and taking of bribes :D)

Mikey mouse repped this.