Gold Cup 2011--USA Venues, groups and discussion

Discussion in 'Gold Cup' started by ATLfirefan, Nov 30, 2010.

1. PARS

PARS Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Re: Gold Cup 2011--USA Venues and groups??

So, Canada was the weakest (and let me stress this, not by a small margin) of the group in which Honduras and Mexico advanced, and Jamaica got 10 pts (Canada 2).

But then I was enlightened to the "fact" that this coach change makes all the difference. You seem to believe that it makes enough difference so that now the 2 point team is better than the 10 point team, despite the fact that during the last friendly you lost and have lost 2 out of the last 3 meetings.

So it seems that Canada goes from not being a top 10 concacaf team, to what? That's what I was asking. It seems you believe they come to something like 5th (today) behind CRC & HON? I disgaree, that's all, I think they are still in the 8th+ range, but hey, nothing better than proving me wrong in June. It won't be the first time I am wrong about a team.

/p

2. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Updated the thread name to indicate our current level. :)

Good discussion, but let's keep it non-personal.

Canada, Jamaica, and Trinidad have certainly had some ups and downs in Gold Cup Competition.

It will be interesting to see which Canada and Jamaica teams show up in June!

3. frankiepop

frankiepop New Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Re: Gold Cup 2011--USA Venues??

KC did get games as you know. The ticket sales have been a fiasco. Of course season ticket holders got first crack, then they were to put tickets for for the general public. Then they withdrew those tickets still with season ticket holders in mind. You know the you can take only so much and then you say, I don't care anymore. Screw it. It ain't worth it.

4. SoccerrrGuruuu725 redder

Mar 25, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    LA, NY and Dallas always seem to pull very impressive numbers during the Gold Cup, but i wouldn't mine to see the final played in Miami but the question is where?

5. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dolphin stadium ~ 75K

Of course, if you are CONCACAF and you are looking at a potential sell out for the final; the Rose Bowl is 90K+
    In terms of hosting huge numbers, the biggest stadiums in the country are all college football stadiums, and while most are not in real "soccer areas," Ann Arbor, Knoxville, Tuscaloosa, State College, PA. That's why you see the Rose Bowl for multiple reasons. It's one of the largest in the country and it is in LA where you know you can get plenty of Mexican, American and other N. American fans to show up.

Only other options I can think of would be DC Fedex field is ~90k

NYC Giants Stadium is ~80k

Dallas Cotton Bowl ~90k

6. maze2daze11

maze2daze11 Member

Jan 17, 2009
    So Cal
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's why I am going. Its a huge stadium that doesn't get much use out of it besides college football. Great place to see live soccer/futbol. A million times better than Home Depot Center.

7. benitoelwerito

Nov 10, 2004
    Toluca
    Club:
    Club Deportivo FAS
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Hey, anybody gonna be in Mexico for the game that will be supporting El Salvador?!? I'm working in Toluca at the moment and will be here for the ES v MX game. I'm betting some friends I've made here already. I really hope I find at least one other Salvi out here, but I'll be decked out in azul y blanco! Gonna be great!

8. PARS

PARS Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Not trying to be funny or anything, but anyone who is not Mexican will likely be supporting SLV, from CONCACAF anyway.

I'll be at the stadium, I can make a sign "benitoelwerito, nos la van a pe...";)... I kid, have fun.

/p

9. benitoelwerito

Nov 10, 2004
    Toluca
    Club:
    Club Deportivo FAS
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    That would be hilarious. And thanks man.

10. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    In case you haven't looked, this thread has been discussing some of what you may be looking for. Hope it's somewhat useful to you.

Cheers.

11. goalcrazy

goalcrazy Red Card

Mar 7, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. goalcrazy

goalcrazy Red Card

Mar 7, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. CBlake

CBlake Member

May 20, 2007
    North of somewhere
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am looking forward to attending the Canada USA and Panama Guataloope matches in Detroit in addition to the quarter-finals in Washington.

Washington will be great if the US and Canada both play their QF matches there. Hopefully that will be the case.

14. nfiniti

nfiniti Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Rutherford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Panama
  15. nfiniti

nfiniti Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Rutherford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Panama
    Forgot to add.

Panama supporters group Comando Canalero has secured our own section, # 146, at Raymond James Stadium ...
    So, whoever is going to the game vs USA in Tampa, and wants to sit together. we have discounted tickets..

For more information, contact me ASAP.

picnic before the game

16. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Honduran coach, Luis Fernando Suarez set make his official call-ups for Copa Oro.

17. steve515

steve515 New Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
  18. JYDA

JYDA Member

Sep 10, 2003
    Red Bull Arena should host even more games. Fantastic venue for non-mexican teams. Intimate and LOUD