Going to a game near Strasbourg

Discussion in 'Germany' started by HarveyDent, Feb 6, 2015.

1. HarveyDent

HarveyDent Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the next few years I plan on taking a trip to Strasbourg. While there I would love to hop across the border and catch a Bundesliga game.

Logistically, which club(s) would be best to see from an ease of travel and time perspective?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

2. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Freiburg is an hour, Stuttgart an 1hr 15, Hoffenheim is 1 1/2 hours, and Kaiserslautern (my suggestion) is less than 2.

HarveyDent repped this.
  3. HarveyDent

HarveyDent Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks so much. Would any of them be easier/more difficult than the others taking a train?

4. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kaiserslautern's stadium is on a hill right above the train station, but at a minimum you would have to change trains in Manheim. No clue about Stuttgart or Freiburg. I am pretty sure that Hoffenheim's stadium is nowhere near a train.

Walking up the hill game day in Kaiserslautern is something everyone should experience. You can hear the stadium all the way up, but cannot see it until you get on top. The ground shakes.

HarveyDent and Mailman44 repped this.
  5. ZimbabweBob

ZimbabweBob Member+

May 16, 2007
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Karlsruhe is in the 2. league (maybe 1. next year), little over half an hour by train from Strasbourg.

Like the others said, Freiburg and Stuttgart would be relatively easy to get to as well but bit longer travel.

HarveyDent repped this.