Goal keeper gloves

Discussion in 'Equipment and Gear Off Topic' started by itfc1992, Feb 10, 2011.

1. itfc1992

itfc1992 Member

Feb 4, 2011
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I play in goal for my 5 side team and occasionally for my 11side team, i used adidas fingersaves they were the replica ones and cost £25 from jjb they were size 10 i played about 5 games in them before one of the spines in the right hand snapped in half :(, so i unpicked the back and removed it as there was no velcro strap. I decided to spend big on a quality pair of gloves i brought a pair of umbro XGL 3 fingersaves link (http://www.soccerpro.com/Umbro-XGL3-with-DPS-Keeper-Glove-p2963/) for £45 from sports direct reduced from like £50-60 they were size 11. i used the loads for 5 side and you can really feel the support the give with the wrist strap. i would highly recommend them to any one. Even if you dont like umbro. I recently played in a tournament and we qualified through to the next stage but during the last match i landed awkwardly on the fingers and luckily the only thing that saved me was the fingersave, yes it did its job! no broken fingers :). But the fingersave spine was cracked in 3 places , replaceable i know. i decided to have a look on ebay for them and came across a brand called foxon, the specifically sell GK gloves and they have pairs of fingersaves for sale for only £17.99 with free postage :).The fingersaves are removable if you are wondering. they arrived with in one day of ordering, and once trying them on the felt snug and very supportive. they also had a tap to help you pull them on handy when you are in a rush. i compare the latex palm with the adidas and umbro ones, both in the wet and dry. in the dry the adidas is poor, umbro is fair, and foxton is acceptable. but once wet the foxton are soo much better than the adidas, the latex foam wraps round the fingers allowing a larger surface area to grip the ball achieving great results. The also were as good as the umbro ones if not better. after using them for two games of 5 side one inside one on astro they are still holding up fine no durability issues and made some good saves in them. i felt i had to let others know about my discovery and am tempted to get a second pair. hope this is the right thread as i am relatively new, thanks

2. itfc1992

itfc1992 Member

Feb 4, 2011
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  3. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    If I don't win this auction I am in for these reeboks, I might give Foxon a go. Which model did you get??? Picts or something

4. itfc1992

itfc1992 Member

Feb 4, 2011
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  5. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
  6. super hagi

super hagi New Member

Mar 19, 2011
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nike gloves are good, I might be sticking a pair or two on ebay next week if anybody is interested.

7. helmet123

helmet123 New Member

May 15, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According my point of view that the best brands available in the market today in the world of goalkeeper gloves.So whether it is Uhlsport, Reusch, Selsport, Nike or Adidas, the likes, there is no dearth of a range of goalkeeper gloves available easily and comfortably in the market today.

8. USAchelseafan

USAchelseafan New Member

Aug 8, 2013
    Club:
    Heart of Midlothian FC
    The GK glove market is very big. There is such a wide range of companies that make gloves such as the big timers such as nike, or adidas, or even smaller companies such as warby. Either way I prefer wearing gloves that are made by gk specific companies. Such as uhlsport, reusch, or selsport.

9. LFSM180

LFSM180 New Member

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Norwich City FC
    I've been a goalkeeper for over a decade now, and have moved away from the big glove brands. There are many smaller brands out there which produce gloves which are as good as top of the range ones, but for a fraction of the price.

I'm currently wearing J4K Fifty 50 gloves, as seen here: http://goalkeeperglovesforsale.com/adult-championship-range-keeper-gloves Brilliant grip and comfort.

Last season I wore DH-One - http://www.dh-one.co.uk

I used to wear Uhlsport, Reusch, Umbro etc, but now realise you can't get much better than these small, up and coming brands. Highly recommended.

10. drakan223

drakan223 New Member

Dec 2, 2013
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    hmm interesting

11. thriker

thriker New Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    There are some very good quality sondico gloves in sports direct at the moment.

12. josh.haslam75

josh.haslam75 Member

Mar 18, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    to be a gold keeper

13. Space bar

Space bar Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    Michigan Bucks
    I'm trying out goalie this summer just for fun in a sunday league. Any suggestions for gloves under $30? I'm aware that I won't get the best of the best but I just want to try something new.