Goal 3 the movie

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by jschuck12001, Jun 13, 2009.

1. CarlosE

CarlosE Member

Dec 13, 2000
    Calvert County, MD
    A couple of things regarding one of the worst, most pittiful sports movies ever made: Goal III.

1.) There is a petition here: http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/goal3isadisgrace which demands that Goal III be remade - It Requests that the story line from the first two Goal! movies not be totally disregarded and asks that the producers burn this amateurish, Goal! III sequel.

After all, a movie with out Ros (Santis wife), his agent (???) and a marginalized role for Santi should really not be called a sequel; the last installment of the trilogy. It's a disgrace that they dishonestly tried to package this crap as a Goal sequel.

Please sign the petition to let these people know how we feel . . .

2.) On the positive side, I just visited the Wiki entry for Goal III and, after reading this funny entry about the crappy movie:

I read this positive entry, which must have only been posted in the last week, or so, that talks about a Goal IV movie which would actually bring back most/all of the key Goal I / Goal II cast:

Here is the Wiki link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goal!_3

2. roykeanes_safc

Jun 26, 2007
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The whole series is awful. Its poorly acted and deals on so much stereotype its untrue. The soccer scenes are terrible, they are poorly choreographed and the actors themselves are total gash at football. Newcastle is portrayed as Victorian time England and the club itself is used as a little club who couldnt possibly have a star player. Its a totally amercanised version of how they think football is and any fan of sport should feel no attachement to series at all.

3. IncredibleStan1

Feb 17, 2009
    Tacoma WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well when Santiago was discovered he was playing in some amateur league in L.A. right? he became a star player at newcastle and moved up through the ranks

4. roykeanes_safc

Jun 26, 2007
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He arrives at Newcastle and is given an automatic trial based on a league weaker than MLS. Not only that the trial is automatically with the first team squad. After he "impresses" after a couple of reserve team games he is thrown into the first team. He then performs like Superman and its happily ever after.

He doesnt have a Visa but gets a work permit????????/

Oh and then after a impressing for less than a season Gavin Harris the supposed star striker moves for 5m but Santi the Mexican wonderkid of 5 minutes is swapped for Michael Owen who moved for 16m.

Then Santi scores a goal in the Champions League final in less than a year from playing amateur football.

A film series written by a ten year old. There is nothing authentic about the franchise at all.

5. IncredibleStan1

Feb 17, 2009
    Tacoma WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

well yeah all that is understandable but at the same time this is the world of cinema..that may not of made for a good movie

now another route they could of taken was him starting out playing in the U.S. and then moving to europe but still no american citizenship..personally the whole leaving mexico to go to usa thing should of just never of happend. i think he should of just been someone of mexican descent already born in the USA

6. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    You mean kinda like Federico Macheda? :p

Yeah okay its a little far-fetched, but its TV.

7. zenryan

zenryan Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Orlando,Fl
    This series of movies make the Air Bud movies look like the Rocky series.

8. roykeanes_safc

Jun 26, 2007
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thats got to be the worst comparison ever.

Macheda was playing for lazio before Man Utd signed him. Then he played for the under 18s for a year before the Aston Villa Game. Then he didnt play in the European Cup Final.

The films stank, it totally missed its audience. It didnt tell us anything of the English or Spanish games and its just cliche after cliche. I know its a film but there was so much scope and they delivered badly. If I was to produce the films I would have gone the way of:

American player in the MLS performing well, goes to Gold Cup or Olympic Games and impresses. His club plays friendly agaist Elite team, he performs and signs for elite team, end of Goal 1.

Goal 2 - American player is loaned to lower league and stars. He is so impressive he is recalled early, fustration grows as he rides the bench but scores in a derby/ title clincher. End of goal 2

Goal 3 - 2 years later Elite Club have just won the lot and American player is crowned world player of the year. He leads USA to world cup glory.

This would have been much better and allowed for a better story to be told. We learn nothing of Newcastle Utd or Real Madrid in the films or the culture of football in those countries.

9. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    umm..watch the first one again and well talk

10. scarshins

scarshins Member

Jun 13, 2000
    fcva
    I think this must be why you're not a scriptwriter.

11. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    No need to be obtuse. You know very well Macheda scored arguably the most important goal in the Premiership last season for a team good enough to reach the CL final. That accomplishment is in the same ballpark as scoring in a CL final.
    Also Macheda was an amateur in Italy I believe.

Like I said though, the movie isn't supposed to be 100% realistic. It's TV. You're nitpicking here.

12. Alva

Alva Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Naples, Fl
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    That might be the greatest movie script, I have ever read.:rolleyes:

13. roykeanes_safc

Jun 26, 2007
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So you think playing for an amateur team in Mexico is at the same level as the Lazio youth academy?

Scoring a goal v Aston Villa is not an accomplishment similar to scoring in European footballs showcase of the season, sorry.

The rise to success is so vertical its just totally unrealistic.

14. irish56

irish56 Member+

Oct 30, 2006
    indy
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why did you bump this thread from nearly a year ago?