Glimpse of the Future - Academy, U-18, U-21 & Loans News [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Cevno, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Shit. That really sucks.

Deadtigers repped this.
  4. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn. I feel like we've got awful luck with youngsters and injuries derailing their progress.

5. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    If I remember correctly that is his second long term injury. He has a knee one a couple of years back that took him a while to come back.

He should leave and play at a place like Hearts build his fitness/mental/experience. He will be a true player at age 26.

6. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Ethan Laird made his debut for the U23's, he recently made his debut for the U18's. 16 freaking years old right back.

7. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    Is that due to lack of options or is he that good?

8. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    He started the U23's game against Swansea and played really well. I saw some highlights.

He could have started Tyler Warren or Whelan.

9. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Who's this guy?

11. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Greenwood is one of the gems we currently have in the U18 setup. He's a CM/ACM with big promise. Like many others in that age group, someone to keep an eye on. Could be for real, we'll see, but it's great to see him do well at the Dallas Cup.

United 16 repped this.
  12. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    United still doing very well at the Dallas Cup. They secured passage to the semi finals, where they'll be facing Arsenal, by beating Higashi Fukuoka 8-0.
    Among the goalscorers were Burkart who got a hattrick, Bohui with a brace. Greenwood scored and assisted on one as well.

13. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    TFM and Tuanzebe not even making matchday squads doesn't bode well for next year.

jnielsen repped this.
  14. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #2014 Ashur, Apr 14, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    Timmy has been supplanted at RB by Wan-Bissaka, but he has still been regularly picked in the 18. If he was left out today, there has to be a reason for it.
    Only got sporadic news about Tuanzebe, but it looks he made a few appearances as well.
    I'd bring Tuanzebe back personally, but it wouldn't be completely a surprise if Jose decided to send him out on loan again next season. Timmy, on the other hand, has shown he's ready to compete for a place in the squad (at minimum as a backup, probably at RB).

Edit: The latest on Tuanzebe, according to Bruce, is that he's out after twisting his ankle. They're working to get him back for the end of season push.

Diable Rouge repped this.
  15. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    but how can we expect him to get meaningful minutes next year if he has been supplanted at palace by someone his own age (i.e. who didn't have experience on his side either)?

16. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TBh,I think it's been pretty evident that Woy, for one reason or another, simply does not fancy him. Before he came, he was one of their best players on a regular basis. He lost his place when the coaching change took place for a while, only to get it back until Wan-Bissaka again sent him on the bench.
    But it can't be said that his loan stint has been a failure. He's gained more valuable experience that he should take back with him and compete for a spot from preseason on.

17. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I think TFM had some MOM performances and then maybe cooled a little. Wan-B is a good player, not as good as TFM but I think in their position I can’t blame them for developing their player rather than ours.

Deadtigers and Diable Rouge repped this.
  18. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    The U18's beat City to set up the final encounter with Chelsea.

One thing to note a lot of the players involved yesterday were second string in some type of way.

No Gomes, Barlow, Traore (injured), Puigmal, Bohui, Boonen, Warren, Chong, Ercolani.

However you saw a team that could player. Garner and Levitt are very good players in the midfield. Ethan Laird as well.

One player that got me off my seat is Ramazani. Reminiscent of Nani, so close to the defender that he has the quickness to get away. Nobody could touch him. Keep an eye out for him.

19. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I want to see more of Chong. He needs to go on tour. I need to see how he handles playing against better opposition. He doesn’t seem to be challenged in the under 23s. I think if he could get the ball frequently in one v one situations, he’d be tearing most every team at his current level apart.

20. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #2020 Ashur, Apr 15, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    I really hope we see Chong on tour also, just to see how he does at senior level. He did make it look very easy, even when he moved up to the U23s.
    Being that the right side in attack is a problem position for us, giving the likes of Gribbin and particularly Chong a look, appears to be a no brainer.

It's a very good time right now for the club at youth level. The depth we have developed at the U18s alone is incredible and the best we've seen in some time. On top of the players already named, we also have to add the likes of Burkart, Greenwood and Mellor among others, who all could poised for big things going forward.
    And as bad as things been with the U23s this season, we can look to them rebounding in a big way next season. Would love it if we could find a new coach to replace Sbragia also tbh.

21. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    I do not think he is ready for the physical side even though he is not afraid of going into a tackle. He is frail.

22. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Deadtigers repped this.
  23. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I want to see what he does. He’s so damned quick and looks like he makes decisions rather than is led just by instinct.

jeff070 repped this.
  24. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    When the only other left-footed RWF in the squad that you would be compared with is Mata, the bar on frailty is set quite low ;)

jeff070 repped this.
  25. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    United's U23 team has officially been relegated from PL2 after their loss yesterday.
    A dip was expected tbh, given that it really was a transition period for that team. Injuries haven't helped the situation either, but it still does not change the fact that we should not be relegated.
    Can't think it's a coincidence that this occured after Sbragia's appointment as Reserves coach...