Glimpse of the Future - Academy, U-18, U-21 & Loans News [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Cevno, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The overriding question would be why I would have you on ignore. We've never been crossed, you haven't consistently gotten on my nerves. And it's just not something I do (especially on a whim...).

As far as the game itself, it was a really fun game to watch, with the kids on both sides tbh, really giving a big effort. On the United side, Gomes, Boonen, Barlow and Dearney were the standout performers today. In regards to United's second, I thought it was Dearney's: scuffed his shot and it came off a City player ever so lightly and rolled into goal. Should have been his for me, but oh well...

2. Professor Brainfart

Dec 23, 2016
    Planet Reality
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    http://www.manutd.com/en/Players-An...r-City-v-Manchester-United-18-March-2017.aspx

3. gatekeeper2

gatekeeper2 Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'd have Varela back as well.

4. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
  5. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Born in London and has played for England at youth level. If he has a future here hopefully he sticks with England or opts for France to avoid long travel and CAN. Either of the European options means further minutes with attacking players in our squad if he progresses.

6. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  7. Professor Brainfart

Dec 23, 2016
    Planet Reality
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Manchester United beat Urawa Red Diamonds(Japan) 3-0 in an u16 match @ the Aon Training Complex last night, with Callum Dolan getting two of the goals, Dolan a consistent scorer for the 16s this season was listed as one of those who wouldn't be offered a contract, but it looks as though the club have reconsidered and he'll be kept on after all.

8. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
  9. Professor Brainfart

Dec 23, 2016
    Planet Reality
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Milan Baars has traveled with the u18 squad for tomorrows Merit Group match against Chelsea, hopefully it means his clearance has finally arrived.
    -----------------------
    Manchester United are participating in the u16 Liam Brady Cup which takes place tonight and tomorrow at Hale End, Juventus and Bayern Munich also appearing.

10. Professor Brainfart

Dec 23, 2016
    Planet Reality
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Won the first match coming back from being two goals down to beat Juventus 3-2(Laird and Greenwood 2), but lost the second match 2-0 to host Arsenal

11. Professor Brainfart

Dec 23, 2016
    Planet Reality
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Richardson
    Tanner
    Kenyon
    Warren
    O'Connor
    Whelan
    Boonen
    Hamilton
    Bohui
    Gomes
    Dearnley

Fojticek
    Ercolani
    Spratt
    Buffonge
    Burkart

12. Professor Brainfart

Dec 23, 2016
    Planet Reality
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Lost the third game today 2-1 to Bayern Munich, Ethan Laird with the United goal.

13. Professor Brainfart

Dec 23, 2016
    Planet Reality
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  14. Professor Brainfart

Dec 23, 2016
    Planet Reality
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Man United played Bayern Munich again in a 3rd/4th place playoff match and won 3-2, Elanga(u15), Odubeko and Sotona(both u14) with the goals

15. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1515 Ashur, Apr 7, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    United have announced the squad for the United youth team taking part in the upcoming Dallas Cup:

Max Johnstone, Theo Richardson, Jake Kenyon, Lee O'Connor, Matthew Olosunde, Regan Poole, George Tanner, Tyrell Warren, Aidan Barlow, Ethan Hamilton, Callum Gribbin, Tosin Kehinde, Tom Sang, Callum Whelan, Joshua Bohui, Nishan Burkart, Zak Dearnley

DJ Buffonge and Indy Boonen injured vs Chelsea and Angel Gomes, injured in training, unfortunately miss out.

16. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Couple of my buddies are driving down tomorrow, and I'm pissed I'm in DC or I'd be driving up to meet them. Should be fun to see some of the next generation. We play Chivas Sunday, Real Salt Lake on Monday, semis on Friday, Final on Sunday.

17. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    United got beat pretty comprehensively yesterday by Chivas 4-1. According to some who watched the game, United looked dead on their feet, probably because of the jet lag. Kenyon scored the lone United goal.

United's team: Richardson, Olosunde, Warren, Poole, O'Connor, Whelan, Hamilton, Kehinde, Kenyon, Gribbin, Bohui

18. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It was a pretty droll performance from what my buddy said. About 40 fans from Oklahoma City, Dallas, and Austin linked up before and then went to the match. Good support. Let's see how they do today.

19. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Jet lag is a lousy excuse for a club of our size.

20. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tony Adams was just appointed manager of Granada, somehow...

We will have to wait and see if/how this affects AP.

21. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    It shouldn't. He has been their best player this year by far along with Ochoa. Hopefully more freedom to control games.

22. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The U19s won the game against Real Salt Lake, I think 3-0. We have at least one more game I think against Caritiba (sp).

23. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1523 Ashur, Apr 12, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    United rebounded from their opening loss by winning 3-1 vs RSL (Olosunde, Bohui and Gribbin were on the scoresheet for United). A win today vs Brazilian side Coritiba and they'll be moving on to the next round.

24. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    United end up managing only a 1-1 draw vs Coritiba yesterday, meaning they finished their group 3rd on goal difference and are out of the tournament unfortunately. Gribbin was once again on the scoresheet for United.
    Disappointing that the first game vs Chivas, they obviously were not ready to play for, due to the effects of travel, is the one that really did them in...

25. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    That's on the club for being small time.