Glass Dragons Still Breathe Fire - The Gareth Bale Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Jul 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    True. Like a player is either a world beater or dogshit, no between.

Bear Crotch repped this.
  2. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Hyperbole is our culture's default setting now. Oh well.

Anon., S1na and rrrrrafik repped this.
  3. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Throwback to one of the plays that made him the most expensive transfer in the world at the time

madridista_hr, T2100, Shay Z and 4 others repped this.
  4. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  5. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I always think Bale could become a very good American football player. He has the break away speed. He should be big enough to be a receiver..... if he does not have good hands, he can become a punt returner.

6. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Or a running back.

Excape Goat repped this.
  7. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    lulz nah.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  8. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    One tackle from American footballers would break the glass dragon in half.

Deep Pal, saadomar, T2100 and 2 others repped this.
  9. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    No way dude.

10. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [​IMG]

Deserved it based on what? Outperforming Isco, or by just being not injured for a change?

Can't believe this guy is still sulking about the CL final. Get over it ffs. You would think that scoring that goal and winning the trophy was more important whether he started.

I will never forget he was the only one who didn't send a goodbye message to Zidane. He's had a number of bitch moves while he was here, but that one tops the cake for me.

Deep Pal and MerlinRM repped this.
  11. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    He was asked a question by a journalist about what was going through his head in that moment and he was honest.

He got injured through no fault of his own, believed he played well enough to earn his spot back in the lineup, and was denied by Zidane, set out to prove him wrong, and arguably did. I see nothing wrong with a bit of fire for a player of his caliber when benched in the most important match of the year.

Stiliyan, Deep Pal, Anon. and 2 others repped this.
  12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He went out there and proved that he deserved to start. He won us the game, and the trophy.

T2100, Stiliyan, Anon. and 2 others repped this.
  13. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I get being angry about not starting but he acts as if he is the only person who has ever been benched. Marcelo was benched for our 2014 final. Isco was benched for the 1st 2 of his 4 UCLs when he probably should/could have started. Varane had to wait behind Pepe one final as well.

Funny he doesn't mention his benching came after his umpteenth injury with the squad. I wish Gareth well but he has no awareness when it comes to his record of injury it seems like.

Deep Pal repped this.
  14. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bale was in terrific form going into the CL final.

Stiliyan repped this.
  16. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I see nothing wrong with that statement, I feel the same way. Nothing controversial in my opinion, rather accurate.

T2100 and Raul_Madrid repped this.
  17. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The only thing that proves is that he was handled exactly as he should have. Come off the bench and change the game. Everything else is speculation.

Even if what you say is true and somehow provable, still whining about it after half a year is next level pettiness.

18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So was James handled exactly as he should have, not even having played at all with the team winning or is that speculation?

Bale got player of the game in the CL final.

19. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In the final CL game, yes. The win is all that matters. If we won, it means that Bale should have played as much as he played, and should stfu about everything else, because we won. If he played from the beginning we might have not won and he would not have scored that goal and he would not have been player of the game.

I don't see how anyone defend this guy's whining with his constant injuries and the disrespect he's given Zidane.

20. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Do people expect him to say, yes I was happy being on the bench for that game because Isco was better?

You want your bench players to be angry, to go out there and have the fire to prove the coach wrong on the pitch, and that's exactly what Bale did.

-Reivax-, Stiliyan, Raul_Madrid and 3 others repped this.
  21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He didn't disrespect Zidane once. Whether or not a facebook post about how much he loves him would have changed anything is irrelevant. It's pointless. It doesn't change anything.

libertao repped this.
  22. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I expect him to say 'it doesn't matter because we won the CL'. Pretty simple. Its great that he had the fire. Just keep it on the pitch and stop bringing it up every month for half a year.

It was pretty visible how literally every player gave a tribute to one of the greatest individuals in Madrid and football history for leading them to three CL trophies in a row, except Bale. Why? Because Zidane didn't play him from the start and reverse weeks of building chemistry with a more deserving Isco. All that while the Welsh patient was enjoying his usual hospital view. Boo hoo. Give me a break.

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I expect you to do the same instead of crying about selected statements from an interview.

If you're looking for a reason, you need to look into the full perspective.

Zidane isn't the all loving care bear people think he is. He was cold and distant from people he didn't like even back when he was a player.

24. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Ya'll forget the CL final in which he was coming off the long injury and ruled himself out of the starting line up himself so as to not let it become a distraction. That one was in his hometown too.

I have no issue with this statement. What he said right after the final was shitty.

Deep Pal and libertao repped this.
  25. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    On the other hand, you have players like Dani Ceballos. Dani actually did post a farewell post, but then proceeded with taking ((in)direct) shots at Zidane at the start of this season. It is what it is, I hope Bale does well this season. He's our greatest forward threat!