Glass Dragons Still Breathe Fire - The Gareth Bale Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Jul 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There was a stint in that season after Zidane took over when Ronaldo was injured and Bale was playing in his role. I remember an away game against Rayo he scored twice in, and an away game against Sociedad he was beasting in too in that role.

2015-2016 Bale was something else though, with Benitez and Zidane and with Wales in Euro 2016. Shame he got injured for most of the next 2 seasons. Hopefully he can live up to that level and being our talisman in attack.

Bear Crotch, Shay Z and Zidane05 repped this.
  2. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Putting fit aside, if he can't stay healthy, he can't be of any use.

9Qui, madridista_hr, Eddie and 1 other person repped this.
  3. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    People keep saying 'if he stays fit'... Isn't it a foregone conclusion by now that this is wishful thinking? He should be sold while his price is still high.

9Qui, madridista_hr, ahnaf and 3 others repped this.
  4. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    I looked it up, and it was for only 2 games. Against Rayo and Sociedad. We can’t build a system around a guy who is always injured and played good for a couple of games in a free role. We just can’t trust him with such a role.

9Qui repped this.
  5. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bale should be sold, i know it's a big hit. But if he stays, it might be indication that we are gonna try to rely on him and that would be season suicide. He's great when fit & in form but that's like 20% of the season and we can't afford that.

Now is the best time to part ways with him.

9Qui repped this.
  6. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    If we needed to sell Cristiano now to maximize our financial return, I don't see why we should be keeping the injury prone Welshman.

Sell him for an exorbitant sum and truly start over from scratch.

9Qui repped this.
  7. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Does this guy not realize how much minutes he's missing due to injuries and that he simply can't be rushed back every time?

ahnaf, PigBenis, Ahmadi8 and 4 others repped this.
  8. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Sell sell sell

Ƭяιиιтʏ, Digital and Eddie repped this.
  9. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    It is completely understandable that he was "frustrated" to not start the final when he proved he was in-form and uninjured both before and during the match.

Plus, he's not even saying it was necessarily the wrong decision, but that maybe Madrid isn't the best club for him if his goal is to play more minutes. Not much different to Mbappe's alleged motivation to want a guaranteed starting spot at his club of choice.

gladiator guti and Anon. repped this.
  10. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He cant play more minutes tho its been proven so many times, the only reason he was not injured so much in the second half of the season is because he was only playing now and again. Its all great scoring a load of goals against the bottom tables sides in la liga when the league was done and dusted but where was he again when the team needed him for the league title when ronaldo was struggling for goals.?

ahnaf, S1na and yoanaidarov repped this.
  11. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He claims he hasn't been playing and deserves to play more, how many minutes has he been benched? How many times have we seen him rush back and get injured again because he simply wasn't fit. Zizou kept him healthy and fit for the final, used him when Liverpool where already gassed and it worked pretty well for us.

natenate101 repped this.
  12. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'm ready to see him leave

CR7PT, madridista_hr, ahnaf and 4 others repped this.
  13. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I have been ready for 3 years now :D:ROFLMAO:

14. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    I can’t believe he’s still here.

madridista_hr, Kroosinator and J-Mezzy repped this.
  15. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Savage :D

Hsain85 repped this.
  16. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Yeah, where was he for the big matches like, I dunno, the CL final?

17. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    he can move to any club once he gets out of sick bay.

18. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't get the hate for the guy. I feel bad for him for his injuries, but man he's so good.

19. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Pretty sure he can move to any British club whether he's in the sick bay or not.

20. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    True, but, As a “big star” on the team, In the league, especially in the last two seasons, when we really need him to be around and help lead us and produce he’s not been there enough, thanks for the goals in the final but it’s a good thing we didn’t have to depend on him all the way though to actually get us there, too injury prone, so far, cannot be depended on, it’s that simple for me

S1na and J-Mezzy repped this.
  21. Marco B.

Marco B. Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Jun 2, 2018
    He will be a crack next season. I feel it. Can't see florentino let him leave too

22. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    To those who want him to leave; honestly, he's the only world-class forward we have right now.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  23. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If your going to just cherry pick points out of post and ignore everything else then dont bother replying. He was great coming on into the final but he played no part in any of the other matches at all to get to the final. Exact same as previous season were he played little part in the double we won.

24. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nobody is saying that because of his quality. That is proven, but so are his fitness issues. He is a walking injury risk. Can't rely on someone who is guaranteed to not play 1/3 of the matches in a season to be your most important player in attack.

9Qui repped this.
  25. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006

Yes he was injured; but even when fit other players like Lucas or Benzema were given precedence. So part of the blame did lie with Zidane. He didn't trust him enough.