Glass Dragons Still Breathe Fire - The Gareth Bale Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Jul 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I just honestly don't care.

2. The Biscuitman

The Biscuitman Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
    29 and injury prone. I think you would be mad not to cash in while his stock is high after the CL final.

When you are aiming to be top of the tree there is even less room for sentiment than with other clubs, who hardly value sentiment anyway. If someone cannot offer you what you need all the time then get some for them, reinvest in someone who can and move on very quickly.

It's a brutal business and RM need to be more brutal than the rest imo

xRamos4, Yannick Relens and S1na repped this.
  3. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Which is fantastic. Please 200M or more and we'll even give him a heartfelt goodbye!

That's what is called a good investment. We spent 100M when he was young, got good use of him, his value appreciated and we sell him.

Not this nonsense where we spend exorbitant on players who are going to 30 and don't get any return besides what they can give us on the pitch in the 3 years they at max can stay in form.

4. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    For fan perception yes, if not, the only thing the general public remembers is your statement right after the final, and that every single squad player has wished ZZ well except you, and in this day and age, as a public figure, that won’t go down well with most, I am sure he is quite happy to accept the plaudits of the public and the pundits alike when he does well as it raises his profile, which possibly leads to financial gains of some sort ( advertising) , all part of the same package as far as I am concerned, “image”

5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Kiko Casilla allegedly threatened to beat Zidane in front of the other players.

Either way this has sort of ballooned into it's own little story so i am sure the first thing Bale will be asked the next time he has a microphone in front of his face (which happens very rarely if you notice) he'll be asked about this.

6. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Haha if that is true and Zidane still played him what can Zidane haters say about the players he chose not to play? He hated them? Sure.

Deep Pal repped this.
  7. Estel

Estel Member+

May 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I believe Casilla threatened to sue the Chiringuito TV panellist who made that claim originally, which led to the panellist providing clarifications suggesting that his initial claim might not have been entirely accurate.

https://en.as.com/en/2018/06/05/football/1528196774_489170.html

So at this point, it does look like it is only Bale who has issues with Zidane. Maybe not so much because he did not wish Zidane on social media after his resignation (though it might have been the polite thing to do seeing as all his other teammates had followed suit), but because he had been trying to keep apart for most of the celebrations and his body language and especially his comments after the final directly targeted Zidane. Either way, Bale should be a lot more comfortable now with Zidane gone and CRonaldo apparently also on his way out.

Shay Z and S1na repped this.
  8. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Bye Bale. Thanks for your service.

After what he did, he can go. Instead of being grateful Zidane kept him fresh he spat at him and at the club and fans.

We need to cash in right now while he is at his highest value and about to turn 29. He will never play a ton of matches and he is injury prone.

Lyra, Ƭяιиιтʏ, S1na and 2 others repped this.
  9. Estel

Estel Member+

May 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Financially, I agree it makes good sense to sell him, since right now we would get the best return for him. But, I don't think he will want to leave if we end up selling CRonaldo, and in that case, I don't see us forcing him out either.

Anon. repped this.
  10. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    We aren't selling Cristiano.

There isn't a team (including oil states clubs) which can pay his transfer and meet his wage demand.

Excape Goat repped this.
  11. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ronaldo's rumor and Bale's performance in the CL Final do not change the fact that he has been injury prone. His effectiveness on the field can improve, but I doubt he can last an entire season without a lengthy injury.

Robben is still injured prone even he has Hans-Wilhelm Muller-Wohlfahrt on the sideline next to him.

Shay Z, S1na, HZinho and 1 other person repped this.
  12. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I have a feeling that with zidane's gone, the last thing Perez will want is major overhaul on the team. None of the BBC will be sold.
    Add to this that bale might look at a new coach as opportunity to play more.

Deep Pal repped this.
  13. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bale’s problem has been his injuries, never his qualities as a player. As soon as he proves he can stay fit, he’ll play. The thing is, he can’t and won’t stay fit. I’d say, cash in!

S1na and Deep Pal repped this.
  14. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Bale se queda!

15. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
  16. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Nah man, you gots to go man.

Digital, Lyra, Deep Pal and 1 other person repped this.
  17. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  18. MadridUSA

MadridUSA Member

Dec 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nice!

Perhaps Lopetegui assured him that he would start alongside Ronaldo and Isco, with Benz being the odd man out.

19. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Benz is more suited to JLo style of playing than Bale.

Having BBC yet again will be severely detrimental for the league campaign.

Lyra and S1na repped this.
  20. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Nice? That's not nice.

21. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Perez just wanted Man U to pay more.

22. gladiator guti

gladiator guti Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    J Lo wants Bale to stay.

23. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Strange considering he allegedly stated Bale would not play in his team. I think we can expect CR7 playing as striker supported by 4-5 man midfield madness. Something in the line of: Modrić, Kroos, Casemiro + Isco and Asensio.

24. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In the end it might come down to his wages, and considering he's out almost 50% of the games, they aren't justified and i bet very few clubs would be willing to pay them.

9Qui and Zidane05 repped this.
  25. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Really? Why? :eek:

Jennifer+Lopez+SOCCER+MOM+Pop+singer+Jennifer+dkqAThaLu6El.jpg