Glass Dragons Still Breathe Fire - The Gareth Bale Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Jul 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Exactly. I think you have to evaluate the risk of keeping him. His price right now is probably at it's highest the past couple of years, and one has to think it can only go down from here.

temesgen, 9Qui and Eddie repped this.
  2. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Cause things get leaked to the press and that becomes a massive distraction for CL. Zidane left at the right time.

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  3. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1703 saadomar, Jun 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    I think Bale should move on ASAP. He's injury prone and misses nearly half his games. Then he has the gall to come out and take a shot at the manager. Biting the hand that feeds him. This dude got an appearance in Cardiff when he has absolutely NO business being there thanks to Zidane. And then Zidane gave him his super substitution so he could go and score spectacularly in Kiev. Bale was being salty because he was no longer untouchable. And that just doesn't sit right with me.

Was Bale in peak form when the final happened? Darn right. Was there anyone who deserved to start ahead of him? Probably not. But he could've found other channels and a more appropriate time to start that fiasco.

If there's even a 0.01% chance that Zidane made the decision to leave based on his behavior, or perhaps even if it wasn't. Ronaldo may have said he's considering his future elsewhere, but he never threw the manager under the bus like Gareth did in his post-match questionnaire. The locker room will probably treat him like a backstabber and alienate him more than he already was. It's with this in mind that I think we could conclude that Gareth Bale's time here is finished. He's peaking, he's 29. His price will never be higher at this club. It's time to cash out.

I still have a soft spot for Gareth. But after what he did, I'm kinda over it.

Serengeti_Boy and S1na repped this.
  4. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Is he the only player who didn't post a farewell/thank you message to Zidane on social media?

He could have always done it directly, but it seems shady.

5. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    He's the only one. Even Ceballos has a heartfelt message.

Let us not insult Bale's intelligence. He understands exactly what he is doing with this behavior and the message it sent.

Let us not also insult our own intelligence and pretend Bale has never ran to Florentino and ask to leave if Florentino doesn't put pressure on the coach (Ancelotti).

This is the same Bale that was sad to see Benitez go, but happy for Ancelotti to leave and silence on Zidane.

6. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1706 saadomar, Jun 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    I'm with you bro. I usually defend Gareth. But this behavior is inexcusable. I'm trying to take a step back and not blame him for Zidane's departure, because I think Zidane had bigger reasons to leave other than a begrudging player.

But I expected better of Gareth.

7. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yet again. I prefsr people who might be a bit of a douche(Ronaldo) but they're open and honest. Wearing their feelings on a sleeve.

Much better than pretending to be a goodie 2 shoes yet being a snake and scheming behind backs.

8. T2100

T2100 Member

May 4, 2017
    Welcome to 2018 where social media became an obligation.

Sad!

9. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Ron is not being honest, stop that. He's just greedy, and with Mendes playing him like a puppy at times.

Asking the club to help him pay for his tax fraud is not being honest. he should ask Mendes.

Same about complaining that the club doesn't support him. The club has nothing to do with him not paying his taxes.

As for asking more money every summer, it's true, he's honest... at being greedy.

Deep Pal and libertao repped this.
  10. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Ron said in the press conference that it was not about money..
    yeah alright..

11. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    We've witnessed the lows first hand, thankfully he ended the season showing us the highs as well. We know what we get and what we don't get from him. It's time to thank him for his contribution and move in a different direction, to cash in on his all time highest value.

Deep Pal, Shay Z, saadomar and 5 others repped this.
  12. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would rather keep him to be honest. We all know what he's capable of which is potential Balon level, but we also know the health risks.

Our starting XI average age is 29 and he's currently just below that. We will have to replace plenty of this group in the not so distant future. I dont like the business of selling guys at prime age when we have plenty guys nearing the end of their careers. It just seems like selling him will only add to our replacement problems.

Anon. repped this.
  13. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Are we talking about the same Ronaldo? Mr. "I'm sad, that's why I do not celebrate the goals and the club knows why"?

14. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    I don't think Bale is the reason Zidane is leaving. We know how he works (nice guy in the outisde and a proper ass on the inside), but if it was down to him, it would become public at some point and the fans would never forgive him (and Flo).

Bale situation and pressure that his manager puts on the club could have been the last straw for Zidane but nothing more then that.

15. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    This is all I'm saying

16. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
  17. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017

18. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The entire squad, including Ceballos who really has reason to snub him, posted heartfelt messages on social media but Gareth. This guy has some nerve.

19. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I've lost so much respect for Bale since the minute the final ended. He's making it look like he's treated poorly here and i don't even wanna go into the i want to play more bullshit when he's injured 50% of the time.

20. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You don't know everything...

Bale in knockout stages UCL:
    2017/18 - 3 goals
    2016/17 - 2 goals
    2015/16 - 0
    2014/16 - 2
    2013/14 - 2

Ronaldo last season alone had 12 in knockout stages..

21. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Between Ronaldo and Bale, I'll take Ronaldo. Ronnie is 33 and still playing at a fitness level that Bale dreams of. Bale is a glass dragon, like the title of this thread mentions. He is a fantastic goalscorer...when he's healthy. If that only lasts for 50% of the games that we play, he's not worth investing any further on. Time to cash out and spend it on more durable talent that doesn't whine at the manager who gives him starts when he doesn't deserve them (See: Cardiff final). Isco might have had problems with Zizou leaving him out of the team, but he only blamed himself for it. Not Zizou. I prefer Isco's behavior to Bale's. Since the Kiev final, I can't stand Bale anymore.

Deep Pal and Arcticmandaly repped this.
  22. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Did you even hear what Bale said in his interview?
    I can't stand him either. Brat

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    On the other hand, i really feel that this is kind of how the narative in sports has changed. Bale could have had the most honest man to man talk with Zidane before he left, but the most important is what you post on social media and the stuff your agency writes on there.

Anon., -Reivax-, Doni and 1 other person repped this.
  24. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If he did that, a goodbye post on the media wouldn't hurt him.

25. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm pretty certain that he's off to United.